My Location
UK
iddrugo said:
Hi this is the info i get from my new receiver

Hardware Version: AF-1700E
Software Version: $SPRA6576S170ECnc
Database Version: 00008209
Boot Version: 0016.1 [DTMs150EC]

Can I get any help in uploading and upgrading it. Thanks.

Hi iddrugo,

and :-welcome

All the information that you need is in this thread. I know that it seems rather intimidating to read through it and do the steps when you are a newbie.

Find the software that you are going to need and download it. Links for AUC_HEditv095 and Autoarioner can be found in this thread.

You also need a null-modem. Details of cable can also be found in this thread.

I would suggest that you use the cable and software to download your current boot loader file (*.buc) and post here what you find.

Is it an Arion stb what you have?

Salvador

salvador

Reaction score
Website
www.studyenglishintheuk.com
My Satellite Setup
Ferguson Digibox & Mini dish - Arion AF-1700EC & 80 cm dish
Computer Setup? a couple of PCs and a few Laptos
My Location
UK
:-bighappy
I got the Multivision channels working OK now :)
This method is for the Arion AF-1700E and its clones, Ferguson, Openbox, Powersky, Echostar and meybe other

I did this by using the Ferguson Key Editor FKE.
I created two new keys under TPScript
Provider 01
00 = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
01 = YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
This cleared all the Multivision channels.
I have not tried this method through a remote control and I don't know if it can be done.

Salvador

roysond

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
satellite receiver master code
Admin edit - email address removed. Please us the forum properly.

mrw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Powersat PS-1700
(same as Powersky/Arion AF-1700) + dish 1.1m with two Invacom 0.3db, watching Astra 19.2E and Hotbird 13E
My Location
Southern Europe
Hey to all...new here

after downloading the k*y file, 22_11***y.irk

how do you proceed to update the k*ys in the Sat box?
(just them, not the whole firmware)

someone told me to use "Gasoline"...

Thanks,

salvador

Reaction score
Website
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
mrw said:
Hey to all...new here

after downloading the k*y file, 22_11***y.irk

how do you proceed to update the k*ys in the Sat box?
(just them, not the whole firmware)

someone told me to use "Gasoline"...

Thanks,

Hi,

an irk file contains only k*y information.

You can either use gasoline or the ferguson key editor, I personally prefer the later.

Connect one end of a nule-modem cable to a PC / laptop and the other to the STB. With the STB in standby mode, press on the remote "24680" and "send" on the software program. It only takes half a minute.

Good luck

Salvador

mrw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Powersat PS-1700
(same as Powersky/Arion AF-1700) + dish 1.1m with two Invacom 0.3db, watching Astra 19.2E and Hotbird 13E
My Location
Southern Europe
Thanks for the reply, salvador

where can I get the Ferguson editor with English menus?

my info says:

Hardware Version: AF-1700
Software Version: $STMA6680S170ECnc
Boot Version: 0017.1 [STMS170EC]

I guess I have the latest firmware (6680) - the 22_11 k*y file will fix what problems?

btw the box sells for 60-70 euros, I think it's a great price for what it can do, even if the quality is not the best (crappy remote)
Other Arion models that sell for three times the price use the same firmware...

mrw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Powersat PS-1700
My Location
Southern Europe
and one rather silly question...

I have created a new channel group, "favorites", which is empty of course...say I am watching a certain channel, and I want to add it to this group, right away...what do I do?

It used to be very easy with my old Humax...

salvador

Reaction score
Website
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
mrw said:
Thanks for the reply, salvador

where can I get the Ferguson editor with English menus?

my info says:

Hardware Version: AF-1700
Software Version: $STMA6680S170ECnc
Boot Version: 0017.1 [STMS170EC]

I guess I have the latest firmware (6680) - the 22_11 k*y file will fix what problems?

btw the box sells for 60-70 euros, I think it's a great price for what it can do, even if the quality is not the best (crappy remote)
Other Arion models that sell for three times the price use the same firmware...

Hi,
Yes, you do have the latest software! I have not yet installed the 6680 and I was wondering if that version would allow me to enter the AES k*ys through the remote.

Could you tell me if when you go to Edit Keys and in the same place you find "Viaccess", "TPS", etc, is there an option for TPScript?

PM me with your email address and I'll send you a copy of the editor - I can't remember the place I downloaded from.

As for the channels, you would need a channel editor to populate the new group. There are a few editors out there but I found only one that works for me. Sorry, I can't remember where I got it from but I can email you the file.

I agree, the stb is rather good, although I don't know many others. It's cheap and patchable. And there is plenty of places to download the software.

Good luck

Salvador

salvador

Reaction score
Website
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
:-bighappy

I found a way to update the AES keys using the remote control on the ARION AF-1700EC and its clones Ferguson, Openbox, Powersky, Echostar etc.
Go to Menu/Tools/Games/Edit Keys/(pin No 0000) Use right arrow key to go to the TPS list of codes.
You'll see a key id 01. Press the red key on the remote control and you'll see 2 8bytes series key. This is where you have to put the AES key, splitted into 2 lots of 8bytes each.
Good luck

Salvador

mrw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Powersat PS-1700
My Location
Southern Europe
In my receiver, there is a "TPS" screen that is blank, pressing the red or other buttons doesnt seem to allow you to add anything...

Is TPScineclub included in the list of the channels that needs the updated keys?
Because I can watch it as is...

If you suddenly see Disney Italia, its open for this weekend only...so beware...with the holidays, some channels may open up for promotional reasons

salvador

Reaction score
Website
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
mrw said:
In my receiver, there is a "TPS" screen that is blank, pressing the red or other buttons doesnt seem to allow you to add anything...

Is TPScineclub included in the list of the channels that needs the updated keys?
Because I can watch it as is...

If you suddenly see Disney Italia, its open for this weekend only...so beware...with the holidays, some channels may open up for promotional reasons

You don't need this key to watch TPScineclub.

What software version are you running?

I don't understand why you can't add a new key (green key)

Salvador

mrw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Powersat PS-1700
My Location
Southern Europe
V 6680 as shown in the list - it won't let me add anything in the completely blank "TPS" section

salvador

Reaction score
Website
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
I don't know what the problem could be.

The only thing I could sugest is to use a key editor and create the new key there then upload it to your receiver.

Good luck

Salvador

mrw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Powersat PS-1700
My Location
Southern Europe
An "expert" who sells the boxes tells the the proper way is to use Gasoline to upload a "so*tcam k*y" file

I found a couple at the usual sites, but it looked like they were not "complete" keywise..or so it seemed to me...

problem is - in both *.key and *.irk files, and in Gasoline and FKE, I dont see where the AES ke*s need to be inserted...

PS If you are online, this app gives you the latest TPS AES k*ys

AESKeyer410_v12.rar ( 1.09mb )

salvador

Reaction score
Website
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
mrw said:
V 6680 as shown in the list - it won't let me add anything in the completely blank "TPS" section

mrv,

I just upgraded my friend's receiver and I experienced exactly what you explained here - the TPS section was blanked and did not allow me to add anything.

I updated the keys in an .irk file and then uploaded it to the receiver - I'm now watching multivision :-Cbigsmil

I hope that helps

Salvador

deamie

Reaction score
hi salvador im new on this forum and was reading through your threads, and think maybe you could help me? i have a micromax stb but i think that it may well be made by arion or ferguson with a micromax badge on it. i have lost the multivision channels but dont know if i have to change the keys or the software? the info on my stb says HARDWARE:MM-3100, SOFTWARE:$MFWA65795811CNPNC, DATABASE:00008209, BOOTVERSION:0018.1 [MFW 5811CN]. hope you can help me or tell me what i need to do. :-santa3

salvador

Reaction score
Website
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Deami,

I don't know if I'll be able to help you but I think you might be right and the Micromax 3100 might also be made by Arion. Find your stb here h**p://www.satellite-heaven.de/index.htm?jump=Receiver they don't have a picture for it under Micromax so I couldn't cross reference it under Arion stb's.

In view of all that I believe that you don't need a firmware upgrade nor a bootloader. Your firmware is $MFWA65795811CNPNC which I think is the same version I'm running - need to double check on that ;-) Your bootloader is newer than mine.

That would suggest that you only need to upgrade the keys.

If your edit menu option looks anything like this h**p://sat.net.ua/index.php?Lev=openbox_faq#m1 then I would try the method I suggested in my previous posts.

Good luck

Salvador

deamie

Reaction score
thank you salvador for the help, as you can guess im still quite new to all this but im slowly getting there. checked the link you gave me and i have found that my stb(micromax mm-3100) is the same as yours (arion af-1700) and also (powersky ps-8210). if i have the right firmware and also the right bootloader as you say then all i need to do is to put the new keys in? where do i get the keys from and do they change everyday? can i use my remote to put the new keys in?:-thumbup many thanks deami

salvador

Reaction score
Website
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK