Astra 2C is now back to 28.2 E, possible 2A migration soon?

A

Archive4

For me it is more or less the same strength as all the other 2F transponders. SNR is unaffected by the 2C signal. But if skew is wrong by as little as 1º you start to see the 2C signal on the horizontal spectrum.

I´ve tried adjusting the skew on my FTE dish using my S1 meter with no joy, S1 only has sd capability not hd. Will try and use the old 14" tv with hd box to null 2c out sometime tomorrow. Must say, 2c is a pain in the **** at the moment.

I know, I should have splashed out on a HD meter!

briangw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1000
Samsung 40" TV
FS Passion+160Gb
Samsung 22" TV
Humax Foxsat
Hannspree 22" HDMI
1.8m Prodelin offset
Triax Cascade System
with 19 Apartments
My Location
Los Lobos, SE Spain (Lat: 37.3087° Long: -1.7647°)
I´ve tried adjusting the skew on my FTE dish using my S1 meter with no joy, S1 only has sd capability not hd. Will try and use the old 14" tv with hd box to null 2c out sometime tomorrow. Must say, 2c is a pain in the **** at the moment.

I know, I should have splashed out on a HD meter!
10994H is equally effected as 11024H, and has SD signals to test against

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
No need for an HD meter. Just get horizontal up on the spectrum and adjust the skew until the data transponder can't be seen.

Nothing here to suggest that transponder is having any affect on the adjacent transponders, but if using a crap STB with a barn-door tuner things might be a lot different.

Vu+ Duo connected to LH110 dish (today):
UNTITLED.jpg

And here's the same from two months ago:
UNTITLED.jpg

Last edited:
A

Archive4

No need for an HD meter. Just get horizontal up on the spectrum and adjust the skew until the data transponder can't be seen.

Nothing here to suggest that transponder is having any affect on the adjacent transponders, but if using a crap STB with a barn-door tuner things might be a lot different

Huevos you are having a laugh! You know my S1 is basic and very jumpy. The Spectrum on it is a "chocolate teapot!" I´d be better off with Lee Major´s eye! (Which I should never have given back!)

Jokes aside, any news on a decent software version for the VU SE I have.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Huevos you are having a laugh! You know my S1 is basic and very jumpy. The Spectrum on it is a "chocolate teapot!" I´d be better off with Lee Major´s eye! (Which I should never have given back!)

Jokes aside, any news on a decent software version for the VU SE I have.
Don't you mean Steve Austin's eye?

OpenATV have an image for the Solo SE and I'm sure other OE2.3 images will follow soon.