ASTRA 2D BBC & ITV RECEPTION

skyoutUK

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8m, Lenson Heat 80cm triple feed 13° 19° & 28°, Triax TD110 with Jeager SuperJack, sky+ Pace v2, Panasonic TU-DSB20, Humax 5400, no name FTA and heap of old analogue receivers
My Location
right next to the big dish
Originally posted by VVCB
The add BBC channels problem seems strange.
The channels are still there on Astra 2A being transmitted simulataneously with 2D.
I can only think that both packages have been given the same PID (Package ID) number. So Sky digiboxes will look for the 2D version.

Anyone any tech thoughts. The channels are there to be received ... It works from UK why not the rest of the 2A area.

Possible way to override digibox from switching from 11720H to 10773H is to fit DBS Band(11.7-12.5GHz) LNB and adjust low band local oscillator frequency in service menu to "fool" digibox into tuning to 11.720 when it automatically switches to 10773 for 2D transponder. This of course means you lose other channels and DBS LNBs are few and far between these days.

In the UK you are actually receiving 2D signal but outside its footprint digigibox reports no signal. On other receivers 11720H works fine(tested with Humax 5400) but encrypted in videoguard of course so no use there
without digibox.

Corrigapp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM 1.8 dish, Foxsat-HDR, Inverto LNB
My Location
South Sweden
Possible way to override digibox from switching from 11720H to 10773H is to fit DBS Band(11.7-12.5GHz) LNB and adjust low band local oscillator frequency in service menu to "fool" digibox into tuning to 11.720 when it automatically switches to 10773 for 2D transponder.

This sounds interesting...

What freq. would you have to set the low band LO to?

palmerpalm

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Possible way to override digibox from switching from 11720H to 10773H is to fit DBS Band(11.7-12.5GHz) LNB and adjust low band local oscillator frequency in service menu to "fool" digibox into tuning to 11.720 when it automatically switches to 10773 for 2D transponder. This of course means you lose other channels and DBS LNBs are few and far between these days.

I live in central Italy (Abruzzo region, 50Km south of Pescara near the Adriatic sea), I have a 1.20mt dish, no Astra 2D and some traspoder of Astra 2A North Beam, only for few hours a day.

Because of problem with 2A North Beam, I have set the default transponder to 11720H.

I was not able to see the BBC, going to Services -> Other Channels -> BBC1 didn't function, but I discovered that going to the "Services -> System Setup -> Add Channel", putting 11720H as frequency, clicking on "Find Channels" and storing some BBC channels (clicking the yellow button and then select) was enough to restore all BBC channels: clicking on 101 now BBC1 is visible, 102 and BBC2 is visibile again and so on.

I don't know the explanation of this behavior, may be because I have the default transponder set at 11720H and the original default transponder (on the 2A North Beam) is not visible, I don't know but now (for a couple of day) I am still able to see all the BBC channels on their EPG normal position.

Unfortunately this will end this month :(

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
Lew, the pace 2400 digibox is not much use for edge of footprint weak signals,as you never got itv you wont get bbc.Your dish is too small,you may need a 1.35 to 1.5 dish in madrid,but even with a bigger dish the pace is no good.You need a Panasonic dsb30 or a Grundig 310/2 or 2000, there are a couple of others,take advice..........................brian

skyoutUK

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8m, Lenson Heat 80cm triple feed 13° 19° & 28°, Triax TD110 with Jeager SuperJack, sky+ Pace v2, Panasonic TU-DSB20, Humax 5400, no name FTA and heap of old analogue receivers
My Location
right next to the big dish
This sounds interesting...
What freq. would you have to set the low band LO to?

DBS LNB has L.O.F of 10.00GHZ default setting for low band on universal LNB is 9.75 so you have to calculate 0.250 and 0.052 difference between .772 and .720 I was unable to test this myself because I don't have DBS LNB they used to be available for separate polariser and feed horn setup on old dishes.

CORRECTION:
DBS L.O.F is 10.75GHz I was thinking of FSS when I write above!

I was not able to see the BBC, going to Services -> Other Channels -> BBC1 didn't function, but I discovered that going to the "Services -> System Setup -> Add Channel", putting 11720H as frequency, clicking on "Find Channels" and storing some BBC channels (clicking the yellow button and then select) was enough to restore all BBC channels: clicking on 101 now BBC1 is visible, 102 and BBC2 is visibile again and so on.

Tried this nothing unfortunately:mad:

palmerpalm

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi Palmer I did like you saying with no luck
I was able to reproduce what I did (sorry for the bad quality of images, I took them using my webcam)

1. I unplugged the main power from my Pace DigiBox waited 10 seconds and plugged the power again

2. I waited a couple of minutes, it was on the customer channel with no satellite signal (I think because it is on 2A North Beam)

3. I clicked 101 on the remote and got the BBC1 screen with no satellite signal:
HQ00.JPG

4. I selected Services

5. I selected Other Channels

6. I selected BBC ONE, but again I got the "No satellite signal received"
HQ03.JPG

7. I clicked on "Back"

8. I clicked on Back again

9. On System Setup I clicked on Add Channels

10. I selected the 11720H transponder and clicked on Find Channels
HQ07.JPG

11. I selected one channel not yet on my other channels list, BBC THREE in this case
HQ08.JPG

12. I clicked Select

13. I clicked Back

14. I clicked Back Again

15. Back Again

16. Et voila' BBC1 is visibile again on his normal 101 EPG channel
HQ13.JPG

17. On 102 BBC TWO is visible again
HQ14.JPG

18. ITV is not visible, as any Astra 2D channels
HQ15.JPG

19. Channel 4 is not visible at that time (2A Nort Beam, it is visible for few hours during the day)
HQ16.JPG

20. BBC THREE is visible in his normal EPG position as any other BBC channels

My DigiBox is a Pace (I know it isn't the best one for fringe area), the System Details are:
HQ20.JPG

My Default Transponder is the at frequency 11720H:

I hope this will help somebody

barney

Reaction score
CIAO,
IT WORKS !!!!!!!
WHERE ARE YOU, I THINK WE ARE VERY CLOSE.
CAN I TALK IN ITALIAN WITH YOU?
gRAZIE

expat2

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
now and then in Italy
Hi Palmer
I'm afraid it worked for Barney but not for me.
Your explanations were perfect and thanks for the photo, mayby
your area is better then Rome the oblob of Astra2D goes your way and not down south.
Just one more question, what do you mean when you say your default is 11.720H, when I tryed to add a channel I think the frequecie was 11.773V I then changed to 11.720H and saved, but I noticed that if I go back to add a channel the frequencie is back to 11.773V.

My dish is an Echostar 1.20
Reciever Panasonic 30
LNB manattann 0,6
and 12/13 mt. of cable from dish to receiver:( :(

athoni

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi Guys, can somebody help me. I'm in Rome and I've tried the "add channels" but cannot seem to make it work. When I tick BBC 1 and press select, I get "channel line-up complete", then if I press select again it takes me back to the frequency set up. I've also tried setting the frequency up,ticking the bbc channels and unplugging for a minute and going directly to "other channels",but that doesn't work either.
My digibox is Panasonic. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

expat2

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
now and then in Italy
I think in Rome we are not very lucky, i'll try with 1.50 and let's hope for the best

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
@ Athoni, are you pressing the yellow button to store the channels, as you don't mention that step?

barney

Reaction score
Originally posted by expat2
I think in Rome we are not very lucky, i'll try with 1.50 and let's hope for the best

ciao,
have you change the default trasponder?
you want setup it on 11720 no 11778

athoni

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yes I was pressing the yellow button,and by following exactly the same procedure for the umpteenth time I have success at last! Thanks everyone for your help. I have also tried the 11.798H for radio but have had no success- perhaps I'm pushing my luck!

Athoni

newboy1192

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
I am in the canary islands and lost BBC ect in the week. I have a GRUNDIG box for sky and a panasonic with a scottish BBC card.

Both locate the channels on 11798H and 11720H. However, after adding channels, other channels etc.,. i cant open them up. Out of interest I connected a manhatten digi box up to the sky dish and loaded the above frequencies and added the channels. All channels were found, all showed good signal strength and the EPG came through.

Obviously i cant open up the BBC channels, but the free radio channels are coming through, Radio1, Radio2, Radio3, Radio Scot, etc.,. However, i have tried some other things suggested here, but my boxes both keep resetting the default transponder to 11778, so i cant alter this for much more than one search.

I am not an expert at this sort of thing but it seems that whatever is being done to prevent the channels from opening up could be to do with this transponder and therefore i am looking for a way to block this out, so to speak.

Any ideas anyone?

DonOne

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Birmingham & Paphos-Cyprus
Newboy 1192

You must change the default Transponder in the Installers Menu.

(Services 4 0 1 Select option 2) to the 11720 H frequency.

D1

athoni

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Still can't seem to get bbc radio.

Where exactly is the installation menu so as I can change the default transponder?

Athoni

campax

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
one simple question : after all, will it be still possible to receive BBC radios from italy having a small dish?

thanks

danilo

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Probably not Campax.

DonOne

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Birmingham & Paphos-Cyprus
Originally posted by athoni
Still can't seem to get bbc radio.

Where exactly is the installation menu so as I can change the default transponder?

Athoni

PRESS THESE KEYS IN SEQUENCE

SERVICES
SELECT

"that's it !!"

d1