Astra 2E: Canaries & Africa Reports

( sorry no tech stuff) I have lost all BBC channels this morning except BBC news, Parliment, Radio 3 and 4. First thing this morning I was getting BBC north west but breaking up, gone now
 
This morning I woke to a loss of BBC (ex 1N) Verticals but Horizontals (except HD) were OK. Channel 5 from 2F was also OK. Since then I am getting a little pixelation on the BBC horizontals, but have lost Channel 5 completely (which is normal). So an initial impression is that 2E is coming in more consistently than 2F. It is a Channel Master 2.4m offset dish with Inverto Black Ultra LNB and Amstrad DRX-890 receiver.

Later today I am going to setup the Technomate 5402 HD with a TV on the roof and see if I can tweak a bit more signal quality out of the scew and "long neck" adjustment. I think the dish alignment is probably OK (and I wouldn't tackle that anyway).

Many people with 3m prime focus dishes here are reporting total loss of BBC. I think most of them have Invacom LNBs as these were commonly installed back in the 2D days.

Interesting. I see no difference on BBC1 between V or H. Channel 5 is also currently reading 75% Strength and 50 quality% as normal for this time of day (so it seems). Expect this to rise to 60% quality later in the day.
 
Very interesting and varied results. I think with a bit of tweaking we might all be "just fine".
 
Have you tried the CM feedhorn - I hear these are better than a normal LNB on larger CM dishes.
I looked into it in the old days, but they are very rare here. The professional installers do not favour them for some reason. I am a very big fan of Inverto Black Ultras. I get 2E PE on a 90cm dish using one and the BBC Satback at 27.5W with a 120 cm dish using one also.
 
2E - looks like a glimmer of hope there for you!

I don't know why you Canarians bother with TV - I'd just sit outside all day with a drink that has a little umbrella in it.
A bottle of vodka is €3.95 in the supermarket!!!
 
Interesting. I see no difference on BBC1 between V or H. Channel 5 is also currently reading 75% Strength and 50 quality% as normal for this time of day (so it seems). Expect this to rise to 60% quality later in the day.

Well, so far no change on BBC(s) - still 75% Q and 50% S. Channel 5 has increased to 60% Q as usual - around mid day. So there is something slightly different (so far) between my reception on 2f and 2e.
 
Can't get any of the BBC2 channels
 
( sorry no tech stuff) I have lost all BBC channels this morning except BBC news, Parliment, Radio 3 and 4. First thing this morning I was getting BBC north west but breaking up, gone now

Hi Lynne welcome to the forum. Are you still getting BBC News & BBC Parliament?

Assuming you have a Sky box have a jump along the BBC channels up near epg 950 - various other regions are available on ther same frequencies as these two.
 
Has always been a big difference in signal amongst the canary islands. G.C. and Tenerife generally needed smaller dishes than Fue & Lanz. Especially in the 2D days. I do not think anyone in Fuerte or Lanzarote will get 2E spot on a 2.7...no matter what lnb they use. Probably looking at 3.5mtr or above for 24/7 reception (rain excluded)
 
But Lanzarote and Fuerteventura could always pull in 2A North and 2B North on 1.2m dishes. Not quite so relevant now however.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk
 
( sorry no tech stuff) I have lost all BBC channels this morning except BBC news, Parliment, Radio 3 and 4. First thing this morning I was getting BBC north west but breaking up, gone now
Reports I have seen from Tenerife have been +ve. If you can get a recommendation of a good installer they will probably be able to get your channels back for you. Ask on local forums.
 
Well the day started off very well, every channel except BBC HD and 2 Sky Channels. Never had so many! End of the day BBC breaking up badly. Noise Margin -2db! B@||@<Ks! Will try swapping LNBs tomorrow but hold out little hope of 24/7 reception.
 
10860v 0.8db
spot beam 2e

10888hh
spot beam 0.8db
 

Attachments

  • 2e spot beam.webp
    2e spot beam.webp
    233.9 KB · Views: 51
Hi Lynne welcome to the forum. Are you still getting BBC News & BBC Parliament?

Assuming you have a Sky box have a jump along the BBC channels up near epg 950 - various other regions are available on ther same frequencies as these two.
Thanks for that I found channel 959 BBC 1 wmids works perfectly and 971 BBC2 wales as well.
 
Hi Lynne, what make/model LNB are you using (the item that the cables go into on the dish)?
 
0730 - 1000 none of the BBC channels working.
After 1000hrs - low signal (6.5db) and picture breaking up
but its a bit cloudy
 
Back
Top