Astra 2E: General Discussion (Post-Testing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bloody long time!! Perhaps there's only a 'forward' and not 'reverse' gear!!

Nah, the French had a hand in it- it'll definitely have reverse capabilities!!
 
Perhaps they've just started with the ka-band tests now
Well if that is true it shouldn't take long as there are only a handful to test.
 
I assume folks, nobody has seen anything more at 43.5E today or yesterday? Solly?(unless you've been out swimming!)

I'm hoping the answer is no!
 
Last edited:
I see this signal-12297 v-all the time on spectrum,even now.It doesn't seem that it's from a interference.I 'm sure I have interference at 12420 V;seen on the spectrum.And yet I doubt that-12297 V- it is from our satellite.But who knows.Please, if you can, check yourselves.
 

Attachments

  • 12297 V.webp
    12297 V.webp
    133.2 KB · Views: 80
Block the LNB from the dish and do another scan.
 
Nice balmy temperature in the Pool?
 
Maybe awaiting santa and his sleigh to save fuel costs :D

Just a thought
 
Huevos said:
Block the LNB from the dish and do another scan.

LNB blocked and then connected.Same result in Constelation with LNB connected.
It is clear that at 12420 I interference,but no at 12298 V!
 

Attachments

  • block lnb.webp
    block lnb.webp
    122.9 KB · Views: 58
  • lnb-12300 V.webp
    lnb-12300 V.webp
    135.1 KB · Views: 71
LNB blocked and then connected.Same result in Constelation with LNB connected.
It is clear that at 12420 I interference,but no at 12298 V!

Do you think Astra 2E has pilot{beacon}signal frequency?And if so,what could it be?
 
Good morning all.

Any worthwhile evidence of actual Transit yet?
 
If its not already on its way by now, then we can forget any programme signals pre-Christmas. Any urgency seems to have wained a little.
 
I can't see why. There are no EPG issues, just an invisible change-over that can be done overnight in large batches.
 
@M60
I back from pool
no signal here
I knew you'd be on the ball with reports if there was anything. I'll just have to keep hitting F5 on the n2yo site for 2E every morning as I've left it open in my browser as a tabbed page!

When is the next TLE update, are they every 48hrs during weekdays?
 
so, we're in the home stretch...let' see if i'll be watching sky movies over xmas? :unsure
 
Updates are generally every 48 hours (although not necessarily at weekends), last was "Normal TLE source, Epoch:18.11.2013 23:23:20 UTC" next is due tonight round 23:00 UTC hopefully. The display on n2yo should update automatically once the TLE changes.
 
n2yo is showing it moving at 0.01km/s just now....it's been zero all through testing....
 
Perhaps someone in the uk should just call the BBC and pretend to be in panic about a possible loss of television during christmas because of the satellite changes ... Perhaps they have some sort of official statement.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top