Status
Not open for further replies.

davidcmadrid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
40cm offset 19e, 1.5m 28e 1.2 M motor vu+
My Location
Madrid Spain
Ive been biding my time to have a sat installed for PSB in Madrid , seems cerca 130-150 for this test signal would be a good choice but Im still waiting. I presume different frequencies and polarizations will have differing strenghts. Say they reduce the power by 50% on " live " transmission a lot of the fringes currently getting signal would black out for a given antenna size ? Put another way this test gives us an idea of beam shape ( a feat of radio engineering it seems to me ) but no firm conclusions should be drawn about required antenna size ?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
do these have any effects??
A geomagnetic storm is brewing around Earth's poles following a CME strike on Nov. 23rd. A second CME is en route, due to arrive on Nov. 24th. NOAA forecasters say there is a 65% chance that the second strike will trigger strong storms at high latitudes
_http://www.spaceweather.com/

Not really

FRINGE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
laminas 2.7 offset
laminas feed horn
Invacom quad LNB
Humax foxsat PVR
My Location
Tenerife
Fuerteventura...3.7 mtr dish (but due to factors beyond my control ie 1 piece dish cut into 2 for shipping so probably only performs about 3 mtr) intermittent lock but no picture as BER excessive. Only got dvb meter (satcatcher) so tested using hirschmann rxr. Spectrum on satcatcher shows signal well below existing 1N signals and suspect need dish capable of giving at least another 3db so therefore looking at potentially 5 metre..........for info 1N channels gives c/n of minimum 10.8db up to about 12.5 db or more (C4 HD/FIVE group which are receivable on 1.35mtr with good lnb and receiver)
Not my dish but was able to tweak a little and no real improvement on 2F freq....hopefully the verticals may be better. In 2Ddays no real problem with Horizontals but verticals were a virtual no go..............For the ex-pats here all I can say is ´better start learning spanish!! (or arabic for 26E or 7W)

Nothing changed here. Same channels today as yesterday so think I will pass on the Spanish lessons ...... for now.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Ive been biding my time to have a sat installed for PSB in Madrid , seems cerca 130-150 for this test signal would be a good choice but Im still waiting. I presume different frequencies and polarizations will have differing strenghts. Say they reduce the power by 50% on " live " transmission a lot of the fringes currently getting signal would black out for a given antenna size ? Put another way this test gives us an idea of beam shape ( a feat of radio engineering it seems to me ) but no firm conclusions should be drawn about required antenna size ?

Hold off - we wont have long to wait now - and there is bound to be at least some minor differences in transmission strengths between polarities & dvb /dvb-s2

In a week or so we should have a better idea of whats going to be possible where with each sized dishes.

oldfart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
laminas 2.7 offset
Invacom Quattro LNB
Chayofa, Tenerife
DM8K
My Location
Tenerife
so .. where do I get a 10m dish in Tenerife then??

iggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PrimeFocus 180cm (Astra 1N) - Inverto Volksbox IDL6651n; MABO 115x128 (80E - 30W) - Dr.HD F16;
EchoStar 80cm (Hotbird + Astra) - Kathrein ufs910.
My Location
KRAKOW / POLAND
Guy from Kalisz (200km from Slubice eastwards, where another chap picks up signal with 125cm offset) doesn't see a scrape of signal on 11023H with....310cm Famaval prime focus :-wow

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Guy from Kalisz (200km from Slubice, where another chap picks up signal with 125cm offset) doesn't see a scrape of signal on 11023H with....310cm Famaval prime focus :-wow

I take it those are Polish locations, iggy?

iggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PrimeFocus 180cm (Astra 1N) - Inverto Volksbox IDL6651n; MABO 115x128 (80E - 30W) - Dr.HD F16;
My Location
KRAKOW / POLAND

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Guy from Kalisz (200km from Slubice, where another chap picks up signal with 125cm offset) doesn't see a scrape of signal on 11023H with....310cm Famaval prime focus :-wow

All the extra power is being pumped into the south east Scotland hot spot ;) :p

Very kind of SES to design 2F like that - it rains an awful lot up here and we need all the power we can get

:-rofl2

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Steady on, AS: More comments like that and someone is bound to tell you 2F off !

:-togo

(I'll get my coat)

iggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
KRAKOW / POLAND
All the extra power is being pumped into the south east Scotland hot spot ;) :p

Very kind of SES to design 2F like that - it rains an awful lot up here and we need all the power we can get

:-rofl2

What for? they will get separated from UK eventually anyway :-rofl2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IPBox
My Location
France
Understand 8PSK modulation requires more power for stable reception so for comparisons with 1N transmissions would need to make sure compared transponder is also on 8PSK, e.g. 11023 compared with 10847

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Analoguesat, I talked to "Torrevieja" this morning on the phone. Reason for negative report is no S2 capability, neither the meter nor the receiver, so maybe that report should be removed from your map.

andrewcrawford

Reaction score
Website
www.computersupportservicescs.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Dual DVB-2S computer system and DUal Qbox HD Mini with oscam
My Location
scotland
YIP HUEVOS THAT WHY I THINK A LOT OF REPORTS MIGHT BE MISLEADING BECAUSE OF DIFFERENT REASONS, AS OYU SAID ONCE DVB-S TRANSFER WITH SD CHANNELS WE WILL BE ABLE TO GET BETTER REPORTS BUT I STILL THINK THE ADMIN SHOULD MAKE A TEMPLATE OF HOW PEOPLE SHOULD REPORT THE INFORMAITON SO WE GET AS MUCH INFORMATION AS POSSIBLE SO THE MAP CAN BE ACCURATE

APOGOLIS FOR CAPS WASNT LOOKING AT THE SCREEN WHILST TYPING

park_gate

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.8M + Pace 2600C1 spain
My Location
PO7 Uk and Moraira, Spain
No. This transponder does not have competing transponders on 30.5E or 26E. Other transponders do so will definitely need bigger dishes to filter those signals off now the power level is down a few dB.

Do you have a list of transponder that might be affected by this?

It seems to me this would very useful when the next batch of signal reports come in.

Terry

Betzdorf

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2600C1 (x2) Technomate (x2), Eye TV, 1.8 + Invacom Quad, 1.3 (x2), 80cm (x2), 60cm (x1), 40cm (x1)
My Location
Spain
I report exactly the same as Buckshee (post 733).
EYE TV reports 100% Signal Quality and 99% Signal Strength.
HUMAX signal data identical to BBC SD
Picture solid on both HD receivers. (So Far),

Still waiting for confirmation of actual satellite being used for this TP. The data is suspiciously similar as received here.

andrewcrawford

Reaction score
Website
www.computersupportservicescs.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Dual DVB-2S computer system and DUal Qbox HD Mini with oscam
My Location
scotland
I report exactly the same as Buckshee (post 733).
EYE TV reports 100% Signal Quality and 99% Signal Strength.
HUMAX signal data identical to BBC SD
Picture solid on both HD receivers. (So Far),

Still waiting for confirmation of actual satellite being used for this TP. The data is suspiciously similar as received here.

11123H is on 2F the irish reports confirm it, as the beam provides substainal more power in ireland and coupled with the no reception reports in the east of germany etc then it 99.999999% confirms it 2F but we will never get offical confirmation until 1N is moved to 19E

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Analoguesat, I talked to "Torrevieja" this morning on the phone. Reason for negative report is no S2 capability, neither the meter nor the receiver, so maybe that report should be removed from your map.

Ive removed that pin :)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
YIP HUEVOS THAT WHY I THINK A LOT OF REPORTS MIGHT BE MISLEADING BECAUSE OF DIFFERENT REASONS, AS OYU SAID ONCE DVB-S TRANSFER WITH SD CHANNELS WE WILL BE ABLE TO GET BETTER REPORTS BUT I STILL THINK THE ADMIN SHOULD MAKE A TEMPLATE OF HOW PEOPLE SHOULD REPORT THE INFORMAITON SO WE GET AS MUCH INFORMATION AS POSSIBLE SO THE MAP CAN BE ACCURATE

APOGOLIS FOR CAPS WASNT LOOKING AT THE SCREEN WHILST TYPING

We will think about that when we take the area reports that Tivu has made & locked when 2F starts taking over the traffic properly. I think its a good idea - then the reports are consistent.

The current map is just a trial, there will be changes when things start getting hectic. Its already giving us some trends though even with only one frequencies worth of data.

Status
Not open for further replies.