Astra 2F Testing Reception Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah... any frequency can be any beam..... the fact that all UK beam were in low band is a 2D heritage...the new satellites are more flexible.
 
i got uk beam strong now on 2f
i never see 10964h so stronger

I think any frequency can be switched to any beam so its extremely unlikely thats the UK beam, unless the dish is slewed well east and is pointing at Israel!
 
lots of on and off switching now, I suppose they are reaching another testing phase.
 
unless the dish is slewed well east and is pointing at Israel!
Using a 3.5m dish and the peak is just 2dB above the baseline. Not what I'd call strong.
 
12305h very weak now
not see any signal now
the satellite it ready ?
 
what I meant is maybe they are now starting different kind of tests. That analogue carrier ist back on 12303H but much weaker than before. The wider carriers are all very weak here even with a 1.25m.
 
.
That analogue carrier ist back on 12303H
The term analogue carrier is misleading as well as a so called analogue "black" signal ;)
 
Here's a spectrum from horizontal high I did this afternoon. Left the meter on max-hold between 1pm and 3pm.
 

Attachments

  • 2F-HH.webp
    2F-HH.webp
    21.2 KB · Views: 52
a short actual spectrum from my city

Edit: i can see also the carrier on 12303H is changing his power very often...
 

Attachments

  • 43.5E-lowsignals.webp
    43.5E-lowsignals.webp
    64.6 KB · Views: 60
Yes, that seems to be the one they're continually testing. On, off, 'condom' :-lmao
 
Horizontal-high on max-hold for last 20 minutes. Signal on 12365 H is 25 dB above the baseline.
 

Attachments

  • last-20-minutes.webp
    last-20-minutes.webp
    22.8 KB · Views: 43
Low band horizontal for the last 20 minutes on max-hold. Almost the entire band is active. Signal on 11515 H is 36 dB above the baseline.
 

Attachments

  • LH-for 20 minutes.webp
    LH-for 20 minutes.webp
    26.2 KB · Views: 94
Now{06:35 GMT} 12252 V is active!
 

Attachments

  • Astra 2F-12252 V.webp
    Astra 2F-12252 V.webp
    79.5 KB · Views: 60
Huevos said:
Almost the entire band is active.

You said well-"almost" but not all the band!What's so strange about these tests is the fact that I have not yet seen to make tests in subband, from 10700-10950 Mhz,so much so Astra 2F is scheduled to replace 1N.And we already know sub-band transmissions are certainly on UK spot.In fact this spot most interesting for fans in Europe. As they say, it is more interesting what you get harder than what is at hand :)
 
You said well-"almost" but not all the band!What's so strange about these tests is the fact that I have not yet seen to make tests in subband, from 10700-10950 Mhz,so much so Astra 2F is scheduled to replace 1N.And we already know sub-band transmissions are certainly on UK spot.In fact this spot most interesting for fans in Europe. As they say, it is more interesting what you get harder than what is at hand :)

what the chance that the UK Beam will NOT be in the low band !!!!!!!
 
As far as I know BBC and ITV packets are transmitted on UK spot ,as before, not on PE beam.In fact for that Astra 1N replaced Astra 2D ,and now with Astra 2F,and not only that 2D completed the mission on this position.As can be seen on map,the UK spot for Astra 2F is more tight. I don't think we will have secondary lobes as was at Astra 2D.But,who knows...
I'm only joking,but British want to make from the sky a ...island :),as it shows the UK spot.
 
You said well-"almost" but not all the band!What's so strange about these tests is the fact that I have not yet seen to make tests in subband, from 10700-10950 Mhz,
Well if you look at my screenshot in post #361 you will see it was active last night.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top