Astra2D in Rome

leo2005

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none for now
Old Satellite said:
A Patriot 3.8mtr dish prime focus with an ADI feed horm and 0.5 DB best at the time ) has been used to recieve Astra 2d at a southern rome location.

Can you provide details about equipment and/or installer? A phone contact would be great.
If you want you can email me at ivanleo@gmail.com

Ivan.

expat2

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
now and then in Italy
mick1539 said:
Hi Im Also in Rome (Few Km South) I have heard about a Guy who is testing dish sizes for 2D in Rome. This chap is suposed to be one of the main guys who installs Sky systems for the Expats around here. I will try to get his details and post you them,and i oneed to say that when and if he pins a size down they will be in demand, And everyone will be binning there 1.2's

The best installer in Rome (Fiumicino ) is Alberto Fasseri the phone no. is:
066522569 tell Him Giulio gave the phone No.
Me too I should put up a 3.50 Mt dish unfortunately the garden is cover by the house plus €2000 it's a lot of money.
At the moment my dish is on top of the roof but it's only 1.20mt. and of course no astra2d.
G

expat2

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
now and then in Italy
mick1539 said:
Hi Im Also in Rome (Few Km South) I have heard about a Guy who is testing dish sizes for 2D in Rome. This chap is suposed to be one of the main guys who installs Sky systems for the Expats around here. I will try to get his details and post you them,and i oneed to say that when and if he pins a size down they will be in demand, And everyone will be binning there 1.2's

Hi Mick
Alberto told you called, I know that sometime he goes further away then your place,if you decide, trust him, he's a very nice man but most of all is the only satellite installer who knows what's doing and not " a cowboy".
He put up my dish in '89 when SKY open.
G.

expat2

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
now and then in Italy
rob_drani said:
thanks for your Reply. One more question; From june onwards leaving aside bbc channels, how can i get channel 4 and 5? Do I still need a sky digibox and a card? Will I be able to get these 2 channels in the clear may be with a smaller dish in rome? Thanks again!

Yes you can receive Ch4 & 5 with a 1.20mt dish but you need a bSKYb receiver and a card

expat2

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
now and then in Italy
A 3.80 in Rome the price is about € 1600, mine installer just told me for a dish that bit we need to be authorize from the Ministero delle Poste Italiane,
I'll check.

Meatball tolks about BBC changing satellite can you give more information?
Thanks
GG

leo2005

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none for now
I know an installer that can get astra2d in rome, it will probably require a 3.8 meter patriot, but something slightly smaller with extensions on it may also work, in any case he'll get it working, if anyone wants contact info drop me a line at ivanleo@gmail.com

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
expat2 said:
Meatball tolks about BBC changing satellite can you give more information?
Thanks
GG

Meatball's post is two years old, shortly before they actually made the move to 2D.