bbc bbc2 bb3 itv 1 iv2 ...etc on a small dish HOW??

paulkelly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
with l
My Location
somewhere
i know a fair bit about this system that is due to start
fuerteuktv will not be aloud to use this system
the company that claim that they will be re broadcasting bbc, itv etc
have given exclusive rights to certain installers around the world
and fuerteuktv:-rofl2 is not 1 of them
the company that is setting up this system on 22w have said that they do not need licence to rebroadcast as all itv bbc progs are all ready covered by
copyright from the original prog makers which are world wide
the company that are intending to rebroadcast will originate in uk so they are not infringing on encryption as all channels the will show are free to air in uk
this is where they have got round things....1 europe and world wide rules reguarding rebroadcasting a tv channel states that if you want to stop anyone rebroadcasting your channel you must encrypt if you dont use encryption you are giving permission for others to rebroadcast your channel
This is a european law..... not sure about rest of world but in europe this a defo
anyway i can garuntee that fuerteuktv will not be aloud to use this system as they are also know as comtech canaries'O'-red and they are a rival company to the company that has got the exclusives rights to fuerteventura

ps i know what i know because i work for the fuerteventura company that have got the fuerte rights
cant wait to see if its for real or just a big scam but the thinks its for real:-bash

D4ftpunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
Dreambox DM500
Sky Thomsom Digibox
StrongSat FTA Reciever
80cm Dish + 45cm Dish via Disecq A/B.
My Location
England
if you wanna watch bbc in spain without subscribing to an illegal satellite feed, then use an illegal microwave feed, just ask anyone in an english bar about it and they will hoook you up :p

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I don't believe this dubious interpretation of the European Law, I'm also not convinced, even if it does exsist, that it won't be over ridden by international copyright and also If this is the case and no copyright applies, how can someone hold the rights to an island?

paulkelly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
with l
My Location
somewhere
we all do that d4ft but the spanish gov have brought in a new law that is supposed to stop the microwave broadcast....( has anyone else noticed how all the big hotels have got 3.4m dishes in the last couple of months):-doh! :-rofl2

antantant1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky pace box
topfield 5000 with hotbird and hispa using t rex cam also art card
My Location
spain
well from the first post to the last i did't think that i would get such a mixed reply well i still have no idea at all! does any one have any contact details of this company in the uk well this service should be running this week? if what people say is true LOL well if i was to be fair it all sounds like a bit of a rip of to me o well

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
antantant1 said:
i still have no idea at all!

I think its pretty clear what the general consensus is. It is a new (non-operational) company obtaining content by supposed dubious means. The thought of them having to negotiate with five seperate broadcaster's for re-broadcast right's makes me tingle.

In the end, isn't it better to buy a big dish and get on with it. SKY will never be SKY without a legit SKY STB and card. If you can't arrange the usual UK work-around (friend or family for cards and contact with SKY) - then, frankly, it was probably never meant to be.

Or, move to an area of europe where you can, for free, receive BBC1-4, ITV 1-4, Channel4, Channel5 ..... on a small dish ..... without the fear of the local police turning-up on your doorstep. :rolleyes:

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No, absolute waste of time, until broadband packages can support decent upload speeds. 256k or 512k are not enough to support any type of reasonable TV viewing, every one would need a subscription, dish, digibox and broadband connection in another country, with exclusive use of the same, by the time that all added up, you may as well get a decent sized dish. ;)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
paulkelly said:
1 europe and world wide rules reguarding rebroadcasting a tv channel states that if you want to stop anyone rebroadcasting your channel you must encrypt if you dont use encryption you are giving permission for others to rebroadcast your channel

Which immediately blows any hopes of rebroadcasting C4 or C5 right out of the water - they are encrypted :-rofl2

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
Not for long analogue. We all know Channel 4 can't wait to go FTA. Can't remember how long 'five' still has on their sat contract.

Which makes me think - why are we assuming the source for this service will be satellite sourced. One poster said it would be based in the UK?

Maybe they have circa ten DVB-T boxes in a garage going into a MUX'er.

Uuuum, maybe that's why 2CVbloke was looking into two way antennas :eek: LOL.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
five are not in the slightest bit interested in going fta - simply because they are not transmitted on 2D.

According to their warped logic they are already fta - in that you dont have a subscription to view them.......

C4 are in an odd situation - they want to go fta but as they dont transmit on 2D they dont have a chance of going fta either.

Four are encrypted till around 2008, five till 2009 ish.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I really think that that is yet another red herring, I don't for one minute believe that Europe or any other international body would make a law which says that you can legitimately retransmit anything you want, as long as it is transmitted originally free to air.

Sounds more like someone's wishful thinking to me.

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
Analoguesat said:
five are not in the slightest bit interested in going fta - simply because they are not transmitted on 2D.

According to their warped logic they are already fta - in that you dont have a subscription to view them......

.... Yet, lol. Warped logic or not, FTV does not necessarily require subscription. :D

Analoguesat said:
C4 are in an odd situation - they want to go fta but as they dont transmit on 2D they dont have a chance of going fta either..

True. Channel 4 is on a highband transponder - so too is one other Channel Four experiment. The rest, including e$ (sorry, E4, - considered a PSB channel by some) is on 2D. If channel4 could squeeze onto tps 42 they would do.

I reckon they will dump the +1 channels and squeeze their six region feeds onto tps 42 eventually. Like, who needs a +1 channel in a PVR world? Its just so 2003.;)

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
rolfw said:
I really think that that is yet another red herring, I don't for one minute believe that Europe or any other international body would make a law which says that you can legitimately retransmit anything you want, as long as it is transmitted originally free to air.

Sounds more like someone's wishful thinking to me.

Absolutely. As I implied earlier - the whole thing gives me goose bumps - and I hope that nobody ends up out of pocket and/or banged-up; simply for watching telly. As someone who is really fringe reception - I can understand the lust for receivable service (if that makes sense).

Can't think of the english phrase: early starter? early adopter? whatever, I would certainly hang-around on the sidelines (if I were there) and wait, wait, wait - LOL.

Typically, isn't the case that these folks charge an arm and a leg for such a service (even the microwave option, or a plain old standard SKY setup, etc)?

kareem777

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skymaster DX15

My Location
egypt
you made me sad !!! Analogue

farside

Reaction score
Acouple of things make me doubt this Ukrainecom character.
He quotes 40 k for a modulator. I would have thought that was peanuts compared to the 1.5 million p.a. for a transponder and even then that's only 8-10 channels.

He also says he will broadcast to Canada. I may have missed something but when did they join the EU?

antantant1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky pace box
My Location
spain
ok i'm starting to see the light with the idea of bbc and itv going out on other satellites i've been watching bb1 bb2 itv and c4 direct of the internet now for 3 days with no problems picture is fine a few years ago this kind of service would of been turned off with in hours but it's legal and spot on

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
antantant1 said:
i've been watching bb1 bb2 itv and c4 direct of the internet now for 3 days

Instant woody:eek:

Nice content - internet - pray antantant1 please tell us (me at least) how this feast was bestowed onto you: i.e. a link to this paradise would be nice.

Your new best friend, BarMoo.:D

antantant1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky pace box
My Location
spain
i cant advertise on this site sorry if admin say i can then i will direct you all to this service! i can invite you via e-mail thank you

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
You are more than welcome to PM (Private Message) me. Its up in the User CP.

Thanks in advance ..