Cheekykid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wave Frontier T90
Dreambox 7020S-Gemini 4.10
8 lnb's
My Location
London
These guys have no terms and conditions on their webpage and they are trying to rip me off after sending to me an order which I cancelled 3 weeks ago!!! Now they want to surcharge me 20% restocking fee for sending the item back to them:mad:

AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS!!!

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I would keep the item until such time as the other issues are resolved.

Did you keep proof of cancellation, why did you cancel, and how did you pay initially for the goods ?

zulfi_78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Buyer
My Location
London, UK
:-gnome
Hi Cheekykid

I have been buying satellite boxes for my friends and family since 1995 from _http://www.dreamboxshop.co.uk They have always given the best to the customers all thier invoices states at the bottom. For faultness goods returned or cancelled, refunds surcharged by 20%. if you look at your invoice you will find it

if you with credit card they have to pay 3% to the credit card company and when they refund the payment back to you thorugh credit card they again pay 3% to the credit card company. and post and packages which is another 10% of the refund cost labour to repack the item, testing and reselfing or restoring will also cost 4%. that makes 20%. Some companies charge 29% + shipping charges. I thing you have very good deal out of that.
they are fair and nice people to do business with
best regards

zulfi

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Fair enough if the goods were delivered and then the purchaser decided that he didn't want them, but this wasn't the case, they tried it on by sending the goods even though the purchaser had previously cancelled. Has the odour of sharp practice to me.

PS. How long have you worked for them. ;)

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Some companies charge 29% + shipping charges.

But most charge nothing.

zulfi_78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Buyer
My Location
London, UK
I am not there worker I am just tere customer with fair opnion.

Happy new year

Zulfi

:-rofl2

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, yes of course you are and you joined up specifically to put your totally independent case.;)

I'm sure there aren't many customers who can state in such detail the operational percentages of a company from which they purchase. ;)

satseeker3

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1cm Triax eliptical dish to a Jaeger 36v motor. A V box Mk2 positioner to a TM 1500CI Multicrypt decoder.
My Location
Dorset U.K.
Cheekykid said:
These guys have no terms and conditions on their webpage and they are trying to rip me off after sending to me an order which I cancelled 3 weeks ago!!! Now they want to surcharge me 20% restocking fee for sending the item back to them:mad:

AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS!!!
A couple of years ago this firm delivered a decoder different to the one I ordered then tried to tell me it was better & faster than the original. This was b.....ks, so I notified Visa and after 2 months got my money back...but it still cost me £7 in postage costs. Steer clear is good advice.
Satseeker3.

paul2u

Reaction score
My Location
LINCOLN
i agree dont use sms
i got a dm8000 and told them
The box sometimes refuses to boot and the box locks up when a cam is inserted i.e. my zeta cam or Diablo cam is inserted when put in one other dm8000 it works fine also inside the chips looked burned
i asked for replacement and showed the pic and was told everyone is happy with the dm8000?
i again asked for a replacement again they said they had no probblems with the dm8000 ? are they reading my emails i send or what ??
again i said this time i want a full refund only to be told to take the chip out and send it to dream media ?
ya what about the board !!!
so now contacted trading standeds and sent a email again to sms 6th email wanting a full refund
there reply is after i sent a copy to them about what the trading standeds said
Dear Paul,
The box is needed to be sent to us. Have you send your box to dream multimedia in Germany? Before we refund we need to know where are those boxes.

There is no need to jump the gun. We are here to look after you and to make you a happy man.
Where is the box boss?
Best Regards,
dreamboxshop.co.uk 19th feb 2009

1.The trader must sort out your problem, not the manufacturer Remember, if you are entitled to a refund, replacement, repair or compensation, it is the trader who must sort out your problem. The trader cannot tell you to go back to the manufacturer,

If you discover a fault on an electrical item within the first few months of purchase you should go back to the retailer who sold you the item (not the manufacturer).

Attachments

• media1.jpeg
    media1.jpeg
    47.4 KB · Views: 80

RO-Sat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85cm dish
Motor
(No Receiver as yet)

Toshiba Laptop
My Location
London
I wish I had found this thread before parting with my hard earned cash.

I did some searching around and ordered a dreambox 800HD from these cowboys - which I didnt know at the time.

Unit arrived 3 days later so I thought great im now going to be able to watch some sat tv. On opening the package and the box I noticed that the dreambox itself had little marks all over it so I go to get the leads out to notice they have all been used, open from the plastic :eek:

I get on the phone to them and they dont understand English I am explaining that the box has all little scratch marks over it and they say its only a box, he thinks I am complaining about the outer black box the thing comes in!! I ask about the leads and he tells me they test the units before shipping and this is why the leads are open, surely they have a set of leads they test with and not open every single package and send to customers....

So I am thumbing though the book only to spot a large tea/coffee stain on the rear, "OMG there is a large coffee / tea stain on the back of the manual"

"Yes sir this is where we test the units and maybe the engineer spilt coffee"

I then notice hand writting in one of the pages.

"And your engineers also write in the manuals!?"

"He might have made some notes"
'O'-red)(-red

"Erm there also seems to be no remote control, Im not happy with this please send me a NEW unit not a 2nd hand one what this clearly is"

"We have 1000's of them units and maybe its got mixed up, please send it back and we will investigate and send you a replacement"

"No, please send me what I paid for and get this one collected, you can carry out your investigation in your own time"

"We cant do that until we have that unit back and investigated it"

"I am the customer and I brought a £400 unit off you and I expect new this is not my mistake, you have sent me a 2nd hand one. Please get your people to send me a NEW unit and collect this at the same time ie swap over"

I had to keep repeating myself over and over again getting no where so I asked to speak with the manager a number of times with no joy in the end they said the manager was in Switzerland. Well call him and get this matter resolved.

I get a phone call back 20 mins later and wait for it...........

"I have spoken with the manager and he said you have swapped over the box and they wont accept it back now"

I have contacted Visa and told them to put a charge back on the payment..

So my advise is anyone thinking of buying a dreambox from SMS look elsewhere this type of scum should not be in business!

Nolia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Moterk 2100A motor on Cyfra+ 80cm dish,45'E-37.5W Technomate 6800 HD receiver(Normal).
Windows 7 and Linux.
My Location
Buckinghamshire(H.Wyc)
I had a problem with puresat.co.uk. the kn*bs sent me a used box which kept resetin all the time. Finally got a new one but lost £8 for sending it bk to them. They didnt even bother to tell me the box would be delayed for delivery and this is me waiting @ home for the courier thinkin parcel will be delivered!!

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
One thing that surprises me: I work for a German mail order company. The law states that when you (retail customer) buy from an online shop you can send the item back to the seller no questions asked within a 14 day period. If the item is over 40 Euro the SHOP has to cover the return shipping, not the retail customer. This is not our company policy, this is the LAW. Now I am surprised that in the UK no such consumer protection exists...if I was you guys I'd buy in Germany :)

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
T_G said:
< snip > ...if I was you guys I'd buy in Germany :)

I have bought stuff from the German Company DVB-Shop 24 in the past and they have good prices, reasonable shipping costs and lightning fast delivery :)

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
It seems that, like with most online sellers, people have had mixed experience with this retailer. I have only had good service from them and have, on many occasions, been given a box to test before I buy. I had a DM100 on test which I did not buy in the end as I wanted a Linux based box. I also had the DM800 on test before I bought it. I bought the DM500HD outright based on the spec of the box. I live local to them, so it is convenient to buy from them. I have bought all my dreamboxes from them (of which I now have several) and have never had any problems. I had a DM7025 that blew up its power supply and the shop got it fixed by DreamMultimedia for me without any charge. I had modified the backplate to accept the new power supply (which was reported to be more reliable) after which I discovered the motherboard was blown when the power supply went, but all got repaired free of charge. If anybody has a problem with this retailer, feel free to PM me with the details and I will talk to the owner and try to sort it out for you. Please note that I DO NOT work for them, but I have been their customer for several years now and do know the owner and I am local to their shop.

zulfi_78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Buyer
My Location
London, UK
shumifan50@ I agree with you, many of my friends had a great good experience with SMS, They had changed of management since 2007. They are providing good customer service to me and my friends. Many times it happened that we manage to get free bizz from then along with the good we buy. I brought all of my dreamboxes from them, I have just picked up Dreambox DM500HD and tested it today. Best dreambox Dream Multimedia has made. What the great box!
I am quite surprise a comment was posted by Cheekykid in 2005, it's strange it's still continued against a good company which we all use and provide the best service. In all fairness I think the management of our forum should remove it. It's not fair. I do know them as a customer. When you meet them they always offer you a tea or coffee to start with. Their staff is professional and friendly. They provide really good service.
I will recommend everyone to use their service.
Regards

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Posts #9 and #10 say otherwise zulfi_78.

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo 250gig/ DreamElite BH 1.3.2 Multiboot

Dreambox 500s-(clone) / DM-600

Relook 400s 160 Gig-/SifTeam 1.93 e enigma

Foretec 90cm Dish with Nikkai Diseqc Motor- 2 sky+ receivers fixed 28.2 east.
My Location
Newtownabbey, near Belfast, Northern Ireland
zulfi_78 you have had good customer experience with the company but Im sure the OP whose post you say should be removed did not just make his story up outta spite. He had a bad experience and is justified to report it to potential customers. I bought a DM600 from them for my sister about 16 months back. Completely fuss free transaction for me and would use them again.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Zulfi cannot be relied on for an independent review, as he is either related to, friends with, or works for the business owner, his location in his profile says London, but his IP address says Camberley/Guildford, not mere coincidence that he joined and made a post on the same day in defence of this shop.;)

mjamil

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
satellite
My Location
glasgow
I am the first person in Scotland to recieve Dreambox 500 HD and i am using them since 5 years all my dreambox's came from them. I am sad to see that somebody is carrying on just because of the eagle. i think it should be resolved that makes he world go round.
I am happy with the service of sms dream surrey thanx for the guys of sms that provided the original dream box's in the UK.

A nonymous

Reaction score
Tivù said:
I have bought stuff from the German Company DVB-Shop 24 in the past and they have good prices, reasonable shipping costs and lightning fast delivery :)

Have to agree with you on this one Tivu, DVB-shop are well worth buying from.

Hassle free and lightning fast turnround. Never had a bad item from them :D

I can also compliment Ian at Southern Satellite. We had a bit of a shaky start, although this was caused by another supplier, but the next time everything was done proffessionally and i was very pleased with the service. So much so i would definately use him again if i couldn't source the stuff locally :D

Its just a pity that nobody ever posts to praise a company only to complain. From what i have read i certainly won't be buying anything from SMS in the near future.

:-beer

Nano

Status
Not open for further replies.