Best Image for dream 500hd

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
@oldfart: Even though the presentation of images are the same, the underlying versions may not be the same. This will affect the stability of the system. The newest DreamElite images now seem unstable, but they have the new OE1.6 drivers etc, and this is most likely what destabilised the image.
So, even if all images do the same things, they are definitely not the same, mostly based on which version of Enigma and which version of drivers are being used.

OpenPli does a nightly build which is bleeding edge as it has the latest versions of ALL the softwares that make up the image in every nightly build. Most other images will take snapshots at a point in time that they think the software is fairly stable, and carry on with it until the next perceived major update(s). Please also be aware that the latest is not the greatest as it may introduce brand new bugs.

I still run DreamElite 1.0 on my DM500HD as it is bullet proof and I have it configured exactly as I want it. I will upgrade when there is significant benefit in a new release.