2 x dreambox 500s
globalstar-m6 free to air
1 metre dish
80cm dish
60 cm dish
all via diqsec switch.
My Location
england
can i run these 2 together on the same line?will there be any conflicts.will bt vistion cut my line if i run the dreambox through the router,i have bt infienity..
does anyone have this working together.

thank you and regards

stevo

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
I`m not sure I understand the question lol

If you are asking can you run the dreambox into your router like the bt vision box, yes you can and they will not kill your connection

If you are asking can you feed the dreambox from the same coax feed as the bt vision i.e. using a tv antenna, no you cannot

stevo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreamboxhd 800 pvr
2 x dreambox 500s
1 metre dish
80cm dish
60 cm dish
all via diqsec switch.
My Location
england
I`m not sure I understand the question lol

If you are asking can you run the dreambox into your router like the bt vision box, yes you can and they will not kill your connection

If you are asking can you feed the dreambox from the same coax feed as the bt vision i.e. using a tv antenna, no you cannot

thanks smoggy,im just woried about connecting the dreambox,as somone said that they will cut me off as i use bt vision also,so it will be fine to do this??
thanks
stevo

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
thanks smoggy,im just woried about connecting the dreambox,as somone said that they will cut me off as i use bt vision also,so it will be fine to do this??
thanks
stevo

I`ve used my dreambox on BT internet before and had no problems with it but I have never used a dreambox and bt vision together though

As far as I`m aware the bt vision box only hooks upto the internet for premium channels/ondemand not sent over the freeview dtv muxes, this "should" have no effect on any other networked device

I think I can safely say you shouldnt have any bother using a bt vision box and a dreambox both on the same router, if you are still worried, get a second router of the cable broadband flavour and hook it upto a spare ethernet port on your bt hub then plug your dreambox into this second router, this way, (if I am working this out correctly) the bt hub will only see the new router and wont see the dreambox

As said though, they shouldnt cut you off, unless there is something in the bt vision terms that stop you from using a dreambox on your broadband line, if they did cut you off you could "have them" in some way or other for cutting you off, causing them to be in breach of any contract you both may or may not have entered into

stevo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreamboxhd 800 pvr
2 x dreambox 500s
1 metre dish
80cm dish
60 cm dish
all via diqsec switch.
My Location
england
thanks for the advice mate,have turned on now all seems to be fine.
thanks and regards
stevo