comag digital sattelite receiver from lidl

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
stanND said:
Now is this SAT the same beast as ASTRA 2D?

Yes, more than one satellite positioned at 28.2 East Astra 2D being one of them. The area covered by this satellite covers the whole of the UK so you should not have any problems.

In the channel list for 28.2 East does it not list the BBC channels?
Are you trying to add them manually?
Have you tried scanning 28.2 East using the scan function?

Anyone else buy this deal and have success with the BBC channels?

stanND

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Lidl digibox SL65 & 50cm dish.
My Location
South West Wales
gameboy said:
Yes, more than one satellite positioned at 28.2 East Astra 2D being one of them. The area covered by this satellite covers the whole of the UK so you should not have any problems.

In the channel list for 28.2 East does it not list the BBC channels?
Are you trying to add them manually?
Have you tried scanning 28.2 East using the scan function?

Anyone else buy this deal and have success with the BBC channels?

Thanks gameboy, But I've done all that. Deleted the ASTRA28EAST and reinstalled and re scanned. Done restore factory settings (this does list BBC but in the wrong places) and then removed them again. A scan of the TP 10773GHz (H) finds nothing at all. A scan of some of the other relavent TPs finds the encrypted channels but no FTA.

I'm particularly eager to get this working as I can get no terrestial, digi or analogue, cos I'm stuck between Welsh hills. Beautiful they may be But...

To cap it all I can't even get broadband
icon9.gif

Thanks stanND.

testpie

Cheapskate
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Manhattan Skyline 1000 @ Astra 28.2E(ish)
My Location
North West
stanND said:
Thanks gameboy, But I've done all that. Deleted the ASTRA28EAST and reinstalled and re scanned. Done restore factory settings (this does list BBC but in the wrong places) and then removed them again. A scan of the TP 10773GHz (H) finds nothing at all. A scan of some of the other relavent TPs finds the encrypted channels but no FTA.

I'm particularly eager to get this working as I can get no terrestial, digi or analogue, cos I'm stuck between Welsh hills. Beautiful they may be But...

To cap it all I can't even get broadband
icon9.gif

Thanks stanND.
I was referred here by someone else and want to help you with this. If you go to Menu -> System Installation -> Manual Tune and then put the following details in (see below), do you get any Signal level?

Satellite - Astra28EAS
Transponder - ASTRA
Frequency MHz - 10773
Sym Rate kSps - 22000
Polarisation - Hori
Skew Values - 00
Channel Type - All
Network Search - Off

EDIT: Why the hell does that information turn into a hyperlink?
Not now I've edited it - Gameboy

stanND

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South West Wales
testpie said:
I was referred here by someone else and want to help you with this. If you go to Menu -> System Installation -> Manual Tune and then put the following details in (see below), do you get any Signal level?

Satellite - Astra28EAS
Transponder - ASTRA
Frequency MHz - 10773
Sym Rate kSps - 22000
Polarisation - Hori
Skew Values - 00
Channel Type - All
Network Search - Off

EDIT: Why the hell does that information turn into a hyperlink?
Not now I've edited it - Gameboy

Mmmm did that yesterday, signal was up in the 90%s. Scan returned nowt.

LNB 1 or 2 made no difference
Network search on/off no difference.

BUT BUT BUT....... When 'editing satellite' the frequency range max & min is 09750 to 10600 for ASTRA28EAST. There is no provision to change this and it puts the Beeb channels out of range

Stan

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
stanND said:
When 'editing satellite' the frequency range max & min is 09750 to 10600 for ASTRA28EAST.

Download the manual and in the Technical Specifications the Input frequency range is 950 MHz > 2150 MHz.

In the Menu Structure > System installation > Edit Satellite > Modifying settings of the existing satellites.

Have you tried that and see what options you have?

If you can make sure the LNB setting is set to 'universal'.

testpie

Cheapskate
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
stanND said:
Mmmm did that yesterday, signal was up in the 90%s. Scan returned nowt.

LNB 1 or 2 made no difference
Network search on/off no difference.

BUT BUT BUT....... When 'editing satellite' the frequency range max & min is 09750 to 10600 for ASTRA28EAST. There is no provision to change this and it puts the Beeb channels out of range

Stan
Hmmm. Try adding a custom satellite with a bigger range in Menu -> System Installation -> Add Satellite.

If you tinker around a bit with the LNB number, it will change the range for you.

stanND

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South West Wales
testpie said:
Hmmm. Try adding a custom satellite with a bigger range in Menu -> System Installation -> Add Satellite.

If you tinker around a bit with the LNB number, it will change the range for you.

signal level was mid 70%s, I mis remembered from the channel levels.

LNB No mmakes no diff. I have watched the scan thru' & on LNB2 it scans from and above the max freq up into the 12something Gigs. As the scan runs I have not seen 10.773G but I may have missed it.

Tried downloading software update from ASTRO2 at 19deg but message was 'no update available'. Does that mean 'off air' or that I have the latest anyway?

I really don't know where to go next. I doesn't feel like a digibox fault but how can I tell. Now if the Beeb hadn't shifted their roost the factory settings would have been OK (well, maybe).

Stan

testpie

Cheapskate
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
stanND said:
signal level was mid 70%s, I mis remembered from the channel levels.

LNB No mmakes no diff. I have watched the scan thru' & on LNB2 it scans from and above the max freq up into the 12something Gigs. As the scan runs I have not seen 10.773G but I may have missed it.

Tried downloading software update from ASTRO2 at 19deg but message was 'no update available'. Does that mean 'off air' or that I have the latest anyway?

I really don't know where to go next. I doesn't feel like a digibox fault but how can I tell. Now if the Beeb hadn't shifted their roost the factory settings would have been OK (well, maybe).

Stan
Hmm. Do you have a Universal LNB that supports 22kHz switching? Other than that, i can't think of anything i'm afraid - i'm quite new to all this myself too.

You could always get a cheap Sky digibox from a carboot and plug it into your dish. That way, if you can receive BBC1, you know it is most probably something to do with the box, and you then have something to work on.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
Last resort - they have an e-mail help option.

hotline@comag-ag.de

Or a German phone number...

+49 7161 503006 33

But if it's like any other help line and bearing in mind the offer at Lidl it may involve a long call - best to e-mail first.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
A lot of the other Comags that Lidl sold have had BBC transponders missing off the internal database.

Try this list of mine, its the fta stuff only.:

http://www.digitalsat.co.uk/astra2_28e.html

(& before anyone points out its a month out of date - I know, Ive been busy, & theres not much missing off it.)

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
testpie said:
You could always get a cheap Sky digibox from a carboot and plug it into your dish.

Maybe you can borrow a friends if you just want to check...

If you bought the package then the twin LNB will cover the range as they advertise that you could use a S*y box on the same dish.

stanND

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South West Wales
hanks All
Analoguesat said:
A lot of the other Comags that Lidl sold have had BBC transponders missing off the internal database.

Try this list of mine, its the fta stuff only.:

http://www.digitalsat.co.uk/astra2_28e.html

(& before anyone points out its a month out of date - I know, Ive been busy, & theres not much missing off it.)

Thanks everybody. I'll give it a rest for a while, sleep on it as they say. Analogsat's list is handy... saves wading thru' all the encoded stuff to find the meat & an e-mail to comag may be the nextmove. Maybe ask the boys at the local Lidl's, I can't be the only one. Sky box off ebay too thanks for the suggestion.

Bye all, and thanks StanND.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
stanND said:
Maybe ask the boys at the local Lidl's, I can't be the only one.

Now that would be my last resort....

tramp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Silvercrest LIDL receiver package
My Location
Cumbria
Im in the same boat here so I' ll watch with interest

Bananaskin

Reaction score
John Williams said:
Has anyone got one of these Comag Digital receivers from Lidl set up and running? If so what is it like? Any good. I am looking to access Astra 2D(28.2E) and Hotbird 2 (13E) using dual lnb`s on a single dish.

I would be really interested to hear from anyone with experience of this receiver from Lidl.

John

Yeah, I bought 1 about 8 mths ago, when they were doing the items (dish, receiver, finder) seperately. Moved my Motek SG2100 no probs at all. Not a hard receiver to set-up either. Think I paid £49.95 for mine.

Got a dreambox 500-S now, so I may stick the COMAG on EBay

Rgds

testpie

Cheapskate
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Bananaskin said:
Yeah, I bought 1 about 8 mths ago, when they were doing the items (dish, receiver, finder) seperately. Moved my Motek SG2100 no probs at all. Not a hard receiver to set-up either. Think I paid £49.95 for mine.

Got a dreambox 500-S now, so I may stick the COMAG on EBay

Rgds
What kind of price are you thinking of selling it for? I might just be looking to buy one if the price is right... :)

mrgentry

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
NONE
My Location
LoNDON
it does not seem to matter were i face the dish or what the sat finder says i always get no signal on the reciver. any thoughts

testpie

Cheapskate
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
mrgentry said:
it does not seem to matter were i face the dish or what the sat finder says i always get no signal on the reciver. any thoughts
I know this might sound patronising, but do you have the box switched on (both at the back and on the front), so that there is some text on the front LEDs?

mrgentry

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
NONE
My Location
LoNDON
testpie said:
I know this might sound patronising, but do you have the box switched on (both at the back and on the front), so that there is some text on the front LEDs?

i feel un-patronised, good question.
yep it is all turned on boots up fine, cable plugged into the right LNb socket, striped the cables first, followed the instructions in the book.
got a compass to find the sats.
i would like to think that i could get at least a weak signal but it says signal strength 00%, tried to scan for sats, nothing. on one of the posts it said try and make sure the LNB is set to universial - i could not find the universial setting.
I have a tree in front of me but i am 3 storeys up so it is the middle "seethrough" tree structure and sky can be recived through it.
Just thought I have missed the glaringly obvious button that says "receive signal"

testpie

Cheapskate
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
mrgentry said:
i feel un-patronised, good question.
yep it is all turned on boots up fine, cable plugged into the right LNb socket, striped the cables first, followed the instructions in the book.
got a compass to find the sats.
i would like to think that i could get at least a weak signal but it says signal strength 00%, tried to scan for sats, nothing. on one of the posts it said try and make sure the LNB is set to universial - i could not find the universial setting.
I have a tree in front of me but i am 3 storeys up so it is the middle "seethrough" tree structure and sky can be recived through it.
Just thought I have missed the glaringly obvious button that says "receive signal"
When you say "right LNB socket", do you mean the one right-most (when facing the front of the receiver), or the one to the left of the right-most one? Because the right-most LNB socket is a loop through, whereas the one to the left of this is the LNB input.

What type of dish and LNB are you using?