keenite

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FTA receiver
My Location
Berlin, GErmany
Tivù said:
Ouch!

I have three of those in use on my system and they were around half that price.

Useful items, though.

Even my wife understands "If no picture, press button" :-lmao
Picture was meant simply as an illustration, ordered mine through ebay.de, €8 incl. shipping.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
That's more like it.

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France

keenite

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FTA receiver
My Location
Berlin, GErmany
I know hm-sat-shop, but they do not currently stock this item.
In general, ebay.de is hard to beat for prices - don't think anyone can top €8 postage paid...

keenite

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FTA receiver
My Location
Berlin, GErmany
To add insult to injury, the second supplier has also sent me the wrong monoblock. Now have two items that need to be returned and refunded - when will the madness stop...

keenite

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FTA receiver
My Location
Berlin, GErmany
Update:
Have since received the proper monoblock and the Neli has no problem reconizing it. I'm using a simple coax switch with one cable to my TV and the other to the Neli. Not the best solution I know, but one that fits my current financial situation. I realize a decent permanent solution would require a dedicated twin LNB for Astra alone, but couldn't be bothered right now with all the extra hassle.
One downside of the manual switch option is that the Neli sometimes loses its connection with Astra after switching back and forth, in which case it needs to reboot, sometimes taking up to two minutes to readjust.
It may be that this is a function of the last channel watched on my TV tuner before switching to the Neli. This was the case on my old Optex equipped with an IF OUT jack. Only when I selected a certan channel before turning on the Optex would its connection to Astra occur automatically. Strangely enough, I had to tune my TV tuner to a Hotbird station for the Optex to immediately recognize Astra. No only that, not all Hotbird stations. I'm not sure which ones worked here, but I always used the Iranian stations "AVA Movie" or "Movie1", perhaps something to do with the polarization?
I should add that I always unplug the entire TV/receiver system every night via a floor switch, so this may also have something to do the Neli's function.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Sounds like a decent enough solution for now.