DISEQc Problem

Rabbit

EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS x5
My Satellite Setup
System1..
Channel Master 1.8m with CM Feedhorn AZ/EL Mount. MTI AP82-TW 0.6dB LNB. Thomson Sky HD Decoder
System2..
Internet TV... Sweden's Telia Broadband service.
My Location
Hässleholm,South Sweden
RE Sirius, Thor, Astra, Hotbird. One dish, 4 LNB's

Can anyone suggest why I can pick up Sirius and nothing else one week, then when I turn on another time I pick up Thor and nothing alse? I havnt been able to receive Astra or Hotbird at all. It just seems like only 1 Sat will work.
I suspect it is the 4 way DISEQC switch not working properly, Can anyone shed some light on this???! Its driving me mad...I have a Nokia 9802 S.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well it sounds like it'll either be the switch or the receiver, I'm presuming that it has worked properly prior to this?

Can you borrow a receiver to test on your outfit? A replacement switch wouldn't break the bank either.

Rabbit

EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS x5
My Satellite Setup
System1..
Channel Master 1.8m with CM Feedhorn AZ/EL Mount. MTI AP82-TW 0.6dB LNB. Thomson Sky HD Decoder
System2..
My Location
Hässleholm,South Sweden
rolfw said:
Well it sounds like it'll either be the switch or the receiver, I'm presuming that it has worked properly prior to this?

Can you borrow a receiver to test on your outfit? A replacement switch wouldn't break the bank either.
Yes, it has been working fine up to about a month ago. Thanks for the suggestions, and I will buy a new switch tomorrow. Its been open to the elements all winter, so maybe that has damaged it somehow. I will keep you informed.

Rabbit

EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS x5
My Satellite Setup
System1..
System2..
My Location
Hässleholm,South Sweden
New switch has now replaced the old one, and I am happy to say its all working fine now. I suppose the reason why the old one misfunctioned was probably because the weather had effected it. I didnt use any self-amalgamating tape, but I will in future...I have learned my lesson!