Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi wellsy,
that's my fault for making it seem to complicated, so I'll break it up into 4 sections, which is how I should have done it:
1. Download, and unzip, Predator 3.21
_http://www.ucassupport.nl/dragonsupport/english/Software.htm

I'll leave 2 until last as the file from the above site should always be safe.

3. Programming your Card:
I'll just post the easiest way to program your Fun Card with your programmer:

Start up your Infinity programmer, in normal mode, do not switch to Phoenix.
Stick in your loader card, chip face down.
Let your programmer auto-detect your card.
It should have chosen DragonloaderCard (PIC).
Click on the folder icon, next to Ext EEprom, and navigate to C:, Unzipped, Predator3.21.dra.
Click open.
Click option 2 reverse span.
Click write
When the card has finished writing, takes a couple of minutes, remove the card and follow these instructions.

4. Loading the firmware into your Cam.
Make sure your receiver is tuned to a FTA (Free to Air, not scrambled) channel, I use BBC world, turn off your receiver.

Insert the programmed card into the Dragon module, chip face up. Insert this into your receiver and turn on the receiver.

If your cam is already in your receiver, which it usually is, tune to a FTA channel, like BBC world.
Turn off your receiver, insert loader card chip face up, and turn on your receiver.

Go to the Common interface menu on the receiver, and select the "Dragon Loader" module.
In the next menu, select "yes, Load module".

Now a menu appears indicating that loading is in progress. To see the actual progress percentage, select "refresh". There is no auto-refresh because some receivers had problems with that....

When loading is complete, a menu appears saying "Loading successful". REMOVE the loader card from the module, and switch off and turn back on the receiver.

Please post back if you have any problems.
Best wishes
Mickha

When you become more confident you should learn how to check the validity of the file, it only takes a few seconds and is of use if you're not confident of the source of the file:

2. Download, and open Dragon Cam Patcher Software DCP 09, this checks the validity of the file.

To open this you need Winrar, available from:

_http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm
Download the 3.50 trial version.
If you haven't used winrar before, after opening, highlight it and click on Extract To, and choose Desktop, the easiest. Now open up DCP09 folder and open up DCP.exe.
Ignore the left hand side, this is for more advanced users, just look at where it says Firmware Check, Select Firmwarefile(*.dra). To the right of the flashing cursor you will see a little paper symbol, click on this and navigate to C:, Unzipped, Predator3.21.dra, highlight it and click open. If your Dragon symbol is green, the file is good, if it turns red do not load the file, it will probably fake and could damage your Cam.

wellsy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fixed dish pointing at Hotbird 13 deg, using a
Technomate 1500 CI+. various spares to fall back on.
My Location
North West
Mickha said:
Hi wellsy,
that's my fault for making it seem to complicated, so I'll break it up into 4 sections, which is how I should have done it:
1. Download, and unzip, Predator 3.21

I'll leave 2 until last as the file from the above site should always be safe.

3. Programming your Card:
I'll just post the easiest way to program your Fun Card with your programmer:

Start up your Infinity programmer, in normal mode, do not switch to Phoenix.
Stick in your loader card, chip face down.
Let your programmer auto-detect your card.
It should have chosen DragonloaderCard (PIC).
Click on the folder icon, next to Ext EEprom, and navigate to C:, Unzipped, Predator3.21.dra.
Click open.
Click option 2 reverse span.
Click write
When the card has finished writing, takes a couple of minutes, remove the card and follow these instructions.

4. Loading the firmware into your Cam.
Make sure your receiver is tuned to a FTA (Free to Air, not scrambled) channel, I use BBC world, turn off your receiver.

Insert the programmed card into the Dragon module, chip face up. Insert this into your receiver and turn on the receiver.

If your cam is already in your receiver, which it usually is, tune to a FTA channel, like BBC world.
Turn off your receiver, insert loader card chip face up, and turn on your receiver.

Go to the Common interface menu on the receiver, and select the "Dragon Loader" module.
In the next menu, select "yes, Load module".

Now a menu appears indicating that loading is in progress. To see the actual progress percentage, select "refresh". There is no auto-refresh because some receivers had problems with that....

When loading is complete, a menu appears saying "Loading successful". REMOVE the loader card from the module, and switch off and turn back on the receiver.

Please post back if you have any problems.
Best wishes
Mickha

When you become more confident you should learn how to check the validity of the file, it only takes a few seconds and is of use if you're not confident of the source of the file:

2. Download, and open Dragon Cam Patcher Software DCP 09, this checks the validity of the file.

To open this you need Winrar, available from:

_http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm
Download the 3.50 trial version.
If you haven't used winrar before, after opening, highlight it and click on Extract To, and choose Desktop, the easiest. Now open up DCP09 folder and open up DCP.exe.
Ignore the left hand side, this is for more advanced users, just look at where it says Firmware Check, Select Firmwarefile(*.dra). To the right of the flashing cursor you will see a little paper symbol, click on this and navigate to C:, Unzipped, Predator3.21.dra, highlight it and click open. If your Dragon symbol is green, the file is good, if it turns red do not load the file, it will probably fake and could damage your Cam.

ok, I have tried this but obviously I am still doing something wrong. When I get to the point where I have clicked option 2 reverse span. I cannot write it because it is still in grey and wont allow me to. Ahhhh

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hi wellsy,
it usually remains grey because the programmer is not seeing the card, try taking it out and pushing it again, chip facing down. Please post back if this isn't the problem.
Best wishes
Mickha
Another user of the Infinity with a PIC card had to load the load2mb.HT file first.
select card a dragoncard pic

in the PIC box use the load2mb.HT file

in the eeprom box use the .dra file

it will say that it is too large so select reverse span

wellsy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Mickha said:
Hi wellsy,
it usually remains grey because the programmer is not seeing the card, try taking it out and pushing it again, chip facing down. Please post back if this isn't the problem.
Best wishes
Mickha

Ok, success. I think. I have loaded the card and put CAm into receiver and loaded it successfully. Now says predator 321 in the CAm information.

What should I do now. Should I be able to see channels that I couldn't before? or do I still need a smart cards? That wouldn't seem sensible or have any point.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hi wellsy,
if you can get 30W you should now be able to watch D+, Cabo etc... as well as all the usual channels on Hotbird, all without a card.
Best wishes
Mickha

wellsy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Mickha said:
Hi wellsy,
if you can get 30W you should now be able to watch D+, Cabo etc... as well as all the usual channels on Hotbird, all without a card.
Best wishes
Mickha

well I can't. I can get TPS but that seems to be about it. The other problem i have is that if I put my two smart cards in, one for s_x tv and one for ART sports, it has the effect of stopping the CAm working. If I remove the two smart cards the CAM works again. Is this someting I have to put up with?

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hi wellsy,
these problems usually occur because of compatibility issues between receiver and Cam, sometimes trying an earlier Predator version might help or try removing the SIM card and try your ART card. If you're on Hotbird you can get the SRG Swiss package by updating the keys, via the debug option. Navigate to the Dragon Cam, via your remote, and enter the debug. Find the corresponding ident and update the keys:
_http://www.turkeyforum.com/satforum/showthread.php?t=2915
Best wishes
Mickha
Also on Hotbird you should be getting Polsat, if you leave your Cam on Polsat Sport for a few minutes it should auto update the keys. Cartoon Network/TCM, part of Cyfra+, is also available if you update the keys, for a full list of channels in the packages try Lyngsat:
_http://www.lyngsat.com/

wellsy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Mickha said:
Hi wellsy,
these problems usually occur because of compatibility issues between receiver and Cam, sometimes trying an earlier Predator version might help or try removing the SIM card and try your ART card. If you're on Hotbird you can get the SRG Swiss package by updating the keys, via the debug option. Navigate to the Dragon Cam, via your remote, and enter the debug. Find the corresponding ident and update the keys:
_http://www.turkeyforum.com/satforum/showthread.php?t=2915
Best wishes
Mickha
Also on Hotbird you should be getting Polsat, if you leave your Cam on Polsat Sport for a few minutes it should auto update the keys. Cartoon Network/TCM, part of Cyfra+, is also available if you update the keys, for a full list of channels in the packages try Lyngsat:
_http://www.lyngsat.com/

Oh No, here I go again. When you navigate to the dragon Cam via the remote it appears to be asking for 3 numbers but pressing numbers does not work. What is an ident? Thanks

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hi wellsy,
I have sent you a PM.
Good luck
Mickha

latin01

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Manhattan starlight 6900 with motorised 1.2M dish.
using Dragon CAM
My Location
South West Ireland
Hello Everybody,

I have a similar problem getting Predator running but on a Manhattan starlight 6900 which I have in use for more than one year now. In the last two weeks I have purchased a Dragon CAM rev.4.1 but labelled TransGlobal Twin CAM from Germany with loader card included was a Sim for Xplus TV, etc…

I have also purchased an Infinity USB unlimited programmer.

I have loaded predator 3.21 onto the loader card successfully and also loaded this onto the CAM, the predator 3.21 welcome menu comes up once I enter the CA setup menu on the receiver I can see the following menu items, SmartCard, SIM Card, Debug, Settings, Exit.

I have now also inserted the SIM into the CAM.

With or without the SIM I cannot get the system to descramble any channels, even the subscription channels the SIM should handle do not work, eg. XplusTV on hotbird !

When I step through the menu I get the following:-Under Smart card, I see "Not Decoding" on the bottom of the screen.

Under SIM Card I find the title "Predator 3.21", sub heading "Firecrypt S IM, Serial nr : XXXXXXXXXX" followed by nothing else other than at the bottom of the screen "Make your choice" but there is no list to select from !

Has anybody tried Predator on a Manhattan Starlght 6900 receiver ?

What could possibly be the cause of the problem above, am I missing something simple ?

Can somebody give me some debug tips ?