Dream box edit only have connected??

Abednego

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 500-S
My Location
Canada
Hi I have it so I can test IP connection on dreambox edit and it says its connected. however i go to test username/password and it doesnt work. Everything is set right and allow http is checked off on my DB. What am I missing?? Thanks

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
If the password is changed then U must use that instead of dreambox.

Abednego

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 500-S
My Location
Canada
i can put 2 and 2 together, I am using the right ones although some people probably havnt so sorry cause its legit

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Abednego said:
i can put 2 and 2 together, I am using the right ones although some people probably havnt so sorry cause its legit
What on earth are you taking in your tea, please add more water to it
For the purposes of my sanity explain what you are talking about?

Your reply has no relevance to the previous post

Abednego

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 500-S
My Location
Canada
What I meant was, I'm smart enough to know that I need to use the same user name and password. But then I said how some people may NOT be smart enough to do that, therefor your reply was a realistic answer. Sorry!

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Abednego said:
What I meant was, I'm smart enough to know that I need to use the same user name and password. But then I said how some people may NOT be smart enough to do that, therefor your reply was a realistic answer. Sorry!

login : root
Password : dreambox

and they are not the same.

Abednego

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 500-S
My Location
Canada
No I meant the user name/password on the DB is the same as what I have on dreambox edit, and acually my user name is dream and password is dream so it acually is the same lol

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
and still not working ?

Can U access the dreambox from the computer using (like) 192.168.1.2 ?

v9oly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500S & 7020s. Technomate 9100 & 1500. Force frontier fixed, Raven 90 fixed, Triax 90 motorised dish. Diablo & dragon cams.
My Location
South West
Can you connect with any other program using dream/dream?
All the guides I have read are about changing the password (from dreambox), not the username root, are you sure it's not root/dream?
Apologies if you have changed it, and this is not the case, (would like to know how this is done)

Regards,
Ollie

Abednego

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 500-S
My Location
Canada
The only other program that I use is DreamUp and it works but you dont need nothing but a null modem cable for that. Like I say I can test IP and it works but its weird how user name etc isnt working. What my case is, I have my dreambox working with a program that my buddy sent me and all I do is put it on with dream up and I have TV.

What im trying to do is with that program on my box, im trying to connect it to my computer (done) and be able to edit it all on the editor. however I cant log on to my DB from my computer once I connected it. Weird. Thanks

PS what would I need the control center program for? I have it but can't see myself needing it. Thanks

"(would like to know how this is done)" --- Do you mean would I like to or you would like to? I don't know how if your wondering.

"Can U access the dreambox from the computer using (like) 192.168.1.2 ?"
^^ not sure what you mean? I can connect but not log on....

v9oly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500S & 7020s. Technomate 9100 & 1500. Force frontier fixed, Raven 90 fixed, Triax 90 motorised dish. Diablo & dragon cams.
My Location
South West
I was wondering about changing the username from 'root', I have read about changing the password from 'dreambox' to something else, the gemini image has an option to do this anyway, but not to change 'root', just interested in how this is done.
When you type in the dreamboxes ip into the browser address bar you get the log in screen for your dreambox, does entering dream/dream get you past this screen?

Regards,
Ollie

Abednego

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 500-S
My Location
Canada
No it does not let me connect through the internet browser. Mabey the program that my buddy sends me changes some stuff around. The program that he sends me has everything on it, all I do is put it on with DreamUp and watch TV. However lets say he moves away or something, I'd be skrewed. Thats why I am trying to get it going so I can do it myself and not have to depend on him. Mabey I will do a factory re-set on the box and try to connect everything without putting on that program he sends. Good idea to try? Have any other suggestions? Thanks

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Abednego said:
No it does not let me connect through the internet browser. Mabey the program that my buddy sends me changes some stuff around. The program that he sends me has everything on it, all I do is put it on with DreamUp and watch TV. However lets say he moves away or something, I'd be skrewed. Thats why I am trying to get it going so I can do it myself and not have to depend on him. Mabey I will do a factory re-set on the box and try to connect everything without putting on that program he sends. Good idea to try? Have any other suggestions? Thanks

You don't need the PC.
Install Tux commander from the Blue Button > Addons > etc. and then open the files if you know exactly in which folder it went.
You can enter edit mode and make changes.
Search the forum for this plugin. It should be in the Idiot's guide.

v9oly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South West
Just something that's puzzling me, how can you be be sure that your user name is dream and password is also dream if you cannot connect using these settings? Surely the fact that you cannot get past the log on screen means that they are something different. Have you tried different combinations like root/dream, root/ dreambox ect. Just a suggestion.

Abednego

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 500-S
My Location
Canada
Yes I have tried different names. When you go to expert, comunication setup, and then hit the blue button (mounts) it says there the user name and password. (thats what it is right?) Also what I'm trying to do is connect with my PC to edit easier AND to put new keys on when my box goes down! TY

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
What image are you using?

From your PC (connected to the same LAN as your Dreambox), can you:

1. ping your Dreambox IP address?
2. start a telnet sesssion to your Dreambox?

If you cannot telnet then either the username or password are incorrect. Have you tried changing the password:

blue panel > extras > password

I have my dreambox working with a program that my buddy sent me and all I do is put it on with dream up

If you are loading a modified image setup (for CS?), what is the password that he setup for you (not for CS, but for logging into your Dreambox)?

Abednego

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 500-S
My Location
Canada
Sorry I dont know any of that!!! However I'll try changing my password

v9oly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South West
Problem is you will need the old password first to change it.

Regards,
Ollie

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Abed, why don't you go and put in a brand spanking new Gemini image onto your box, and then get all the other stuff you need on it. As you said, your friend is moving soon, so why don't you take the step and do it all from the beginning. It won't be too difficult...

Abednego

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 500-S
My Location
Canada
Yes, thats what I was thinking to do: Factory reset the box and go from there. I can put a Gemini image on my box with DreamUp right?

Will I need to do a factory reset before this? And my friend isn't moving soon but definatly never know!!