stock

Can you buy exernal USB sat cards ?

stock

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, is the simple answer to that, Pentamedia do one, but i think it is data only. There are others made, i saw them at this years trade show, but I don't know who sells them. try www.pentamedia.com , or www.strongsat.com, i think you'll find that most of the USB modules are data only.

Rolf

S

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

My Location
scotland
i have the internal pentamedia card but did not see any external cards when i was shopping around but if you think you seen it at the trade show then it will probably be in the shops soon if not already. I fitted my own card internal without any significant problems but i like external modems. Does it have to be an external card? do you have a lack of ports in your motherboard?
i have about one slot left on my motherboard, its amazing how
they go.

rolfw

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi stock,

The PC sat cards are not particlarly good for dish alignment, as they react too slowly, you're better off with a £30 analogue meter, which will get you onto the Satellite with a reasonable degree of accuracy. The USB sat cards by the way, can be bought from Digi-Cams UK on 020 887 80194 but I think they are only data cards. Did you get any luck through the web addresses?

rolfw

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
http://www.digicams-uk.com/category14_1.htm

Above is the link to the DigiCams site and specifically the USB receiver.

Hope this is of help.

Rolf