Finding Hispasat

My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500 receiver
My Location
Yorkshire
Hi.

How easy is it to find hispasat?

I need to kinda detach and re-attach my dish to get it, cos it doesn't swing around far enough at the moment I don't think.

But I am not so good at finding satellites, so I wondered how easy it is to get.

Thank you,
Jen.

Jennie,

have a look here:

http://www.analoguesat.co.uk/

to see what's broadcasting.

Maybe you can find a cheap ( < £20 ) analogue receiver, or maybe borrow one? There's no delay seeing the picture from analogue sat's & I found it much easier to get the dish close, then switch to the digital receiver & fine tune the dish.

Otherwise maybe check eBay or the web for a cheap Sat finder.

HTH,
john

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It's about the same elevation as Astra 28.2 and reasonable strength of signal, so find yourself a nice strong transponder frequency (there's one listed in the sticky thread) and go looking. :)

mark2101

My Satellite Setup
Fortec-Star Lifetime Classic Receiver with 65cm dish single LNB
My Location
London, UK
I too am wanting to pick up Hispasat at the moment i'm picking up astra 19.2, do I need to move the dish up or down in angle or just swing it to the right?

My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish &amp; jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
mark2101 said:
I too am wanting to pick up Hispasat at the moment i'm picking up astra 19.2, do I need to move the dish up or down in angle or just swing it to the right?
swing round and down a little

mark2101

My Satellite Setup
Fortec-Star Lifetime Classic Receiver with 65cm dish single LNB
My Location
London, UK
Someone told me if I get someone to look at the receiption bar on the television, there see when i pick up the satellite is this true?

wolfav

My Satellite Setup
two sky+amstrad boxes
technomate5500ci+ with 80cm motarised dish irderto cam mr mrev +dragoncam blue tit numerous fun cards infinity pheonix compaq and dell on wirelessrouter
My Location
no mans land
i found my satillites by using the signal strength bar and signal quality bar but it took a lot of patience;)

2cvbloke

Bulbs need shelter too...
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Personally, I used my MSS300 (before it died) tuned to Canal+ Spain (which has been replaced by Cuatro) and waved my dish about in the general direction till I got a picture, then locked my dish off at the best picture, then switched to my PortyII to set the skew so I got the highest quality (I get (indoors remember) 78% strength and ~70-75% quality depending on whether my cat has been swinging on my dish). Took about 15 minutes total... :D