Flash chip experts and Digital receivers!!!!Is anybody here???

J

joshuatronic

My Satellite Setup
Hello guys, is there any expert here on flash memories??? A few months ago i was brought some receivers, to be exact, the Digital 1000 and 801 models. The receivers had problem with their flash memories(HY29LV160). So i replaced them with new ones.i downloaded dump files from their site and programmed them on my flash programmer into the new flash chips. But when i soldered flash back to board and turned on the receiver it just didnt work. I did the same procedure with other models and did it many many times but with no result.
Yesterday i had a WORKING!!!! Digital 1000 receiver and just wanted to retreive its dump file. I unsoldered it and read the dump on my programmer. But when i soldered it back the receiver that worked 30 minutes ago, it didnt work!! i checked all flash contacts, they r all ok
why when a working flash chip is unsoldered and then put back without being altered the receiver does NOT WORK again??? the same when a new programme d flash is replaced?? what do i have to do to get them working??? please give me your help with these Digital receivers, i would really appreciate it!

slugworth

slugworth

My Satellite Setup
gsky v7
My Location
New England
See if the receiver has a jtag connector on the mainboard.
Sti5518 based receivers have them.
Sounds like you did a lot of needless soldering/unsoldering,
and may have damaged circuit traces.

J

joshuatronic

My Satellite Setup
Hello friend.i just checked the receiver. Yup, it has a jtag connector on the main board indeed. What is the use of it and how do i use it? Id like to say that i do the soldering and unsoldering using a hot air gun and do it carefully. So i dnt think its broken traces. Im gonna check the traces again, but what do i do if they r finally ok and contacts r ok too but receiver doesnt turn on?i must remind that the flash chip hasnt been altered, i just unsoldered and soldered it back. Thanx in advance

ps: is it possible when flash is unsoldered (in Globo Digital model receivers)receiver looses some kind of info in in a part of its circuit???

slugworth

slugworth

My Satellite Setup
gsky v7
My Location
New England
It should take the standard 20pin jtag cable, and either jkeys
with a modified .def file to match the receiver or the skymax
jtag program. It sounds like a solder short or a pin not soldered
on the flash chip. I use the simple jtag hookup. Info and diagrams
are in other threads here.

pipino

pipino

My Satellite Setup
2X Channel Master 1.20 , 1X Channel Master1.80 ,1X Channel Master 2.40, Motorized Gibertini OP150 , Motorized Fibo MF90 ,, 70cm eliptical raven ..hirschmann fibre glass 1.20m
My Location
Comunidad Valenciana..ESPAÑA
joshuatronic said:
Hello guys, is there any expert here on flash memories??? A few months ago i was brought some receivers, to be exact, the Digital 1000 and 801 models. The receivers had problem with their flash memories(HY29LV160). So i replaced them with new ones.i downloaded dump files from their site and programmed them on my flash programmer into the new flash chips. But when i soldered flash back to board and turned on the receiver it just didnt work. I did the same procedure with other models and did it many many times but with no result.
Yesterday i had a WORKING!!!! Digital 1000 receiver and just wanted to retreive its dump file. I unsoldered it and read the dump on my programmer. But when i soldered it back the receiver that worked 30 minutes ago, it didnt work!! i checked all flash contacts, they r all ok
why when a working flash chip is unsoldered and then put back without being altered the receiver does NOT WORK again??? the same when a new programme d flash is replaced?? what do i have to do to get them working??? please give me your help with these Digital receivers, i would really appreciate it!
hi,revise your way of dumping then writing back the data from the flash chips ..what hardware and software are you using to do the operation..regards

B

boxnut

My Satellite Setup
turnkey 700mhz athelon .5gb ram,120 gb,drive
j-test j-tag setup
great care is needed as not to excede temprature and esd levels.
j-taging is the easy and safe way
you can p-m me if you need help
'boxnut'