For Echostar 3000 users

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
Have you checked for Jeramey Beagle and the youv'e been framed camera? lol
I Have tried putting my aston with sec* in slot 2 with dragon in slot 1 and your not on your own mine does the same as yours so the good news is its not the echostar it must be the cam or card, having said that my card is inactive cos I dont know what to do with it, but it must be the cam or card software...

orchard

Reaction score
Analoguesat said:
If you re scanning Hotbird channels, your dish HAS to be picking signals up from 13E

Hi
Thanks for ur info i have got hotbird without any prob, but when i tried to scan hispast that when i picked up part of hotbird, i am not getting hispasat as indicated on ly---sat, i got a totally different channel predominately hotbird as hotbird is on 13E and hispasat on 30W that were the confusion is,
I did a rescan again today on both hotbird and hispasat , i got the same prob

Gregorian universal LNB,
Dragon cam 401,
Magic Cam
Elvis Multiprog
infinity USB unlimited
many Thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You will need to check whether your dish is moving to 30w when searching that satellite, doesn't sound like it is, what type of motor do you have?

orchard

Reaction score
thanks for ur reply,

yes the dish did move to 30 degrees, a jaeger motor, i did get hispasat before , i lost it when i did an update on my pc for the new software which is 1000,for my echostar 3000ivp.i have to do a reset and set the parameter.
otherwise all the channel are perfect now except for hispasat.
any ideas
Thanks

lampiao

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 3000 IP, Magic, SS1
Hi guys,
Nice to see so many fans of the 3000 IP machine.
I have one too, the black one with no conditional access, only two CI ports.
It's working with a 1,80 metter motorised dish and an LNB with polorotor, I also use a magic cam and a portuguese TV C@bo nagravision cam with it.
I can say that it's working in my installation since 1999, it's a great machine, I don't have any other home appliance that stand in place working without beeing outdated for so much years.
It outlasted the dish motor that got stuck one year ago, and some days ago I found out that the small cap on the feed horn some how went to space and some bees loved that hole to make their nest :p.
Regards to all,
Lampião da Estrela.

orchard

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
How come i have never been able to get Kiosk with my 3000ivpi, using dragon cam 410

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
Hi there, I seem to of fox on 13* is it keys in need ?
Many thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, well at least for the foreseeable future.

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
spice is back on hispas*t
for those of you who enjoy it...
(with a dragon anyway)

kwame

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Can somebody help? I just migrated to Adelaide in S. Australia from London. My problem is I have an Echostar AD3000VIP with a 90cm dish driven by a 36v supermount motor which worked when I was in the UK. Now the receiver wouldn't even move the dish to set the E-W limits past 1000 for both east and west. Does anybody know what I am doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance for your help

Kwame

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
If you're not getting "Motor Error" it suggests motor /positioner are OK.

You need to reprogram the positioner from scratch. A motor value of 5000 is needed before starting, so I think you need to do a receiver reset to start the installation procedure again.

Llew

kwame

Reaction score
Thanks Llew I have reset the receiver, I do get the " Motor Error" message but strangely I don't get the 5000 motor value after the receiver reset. What do I do next?

Thanks

Kwame

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
Could be one of several things.

First, the obvious - check your motor/ pulse connections are correct. The positioner must sense a motor connection before you can set the limits. Does the dish try to move? May be parked on the East limit. Do the relays 'click' when trying to move the dish? If 'Motor Error' shows, this points to bad motor connection.

A factory reset should have erased any position data, but you could go to Motorised dish setting / Erase position data to make sure. If it still shows 1000 on the East Limit it must be your motor / pulse connections or possibly a fault in the positioner circuitry.

Llew

kwame

Reaction score
Thanks LLew, I'll try it when I get the chance, 'cos I am away at the moment, then I'll let you know what happens. Thanks again for the help very much appreciated

Kwame

kwame

Reaction score
LLew

Sorry I haven't written earlier. Thanks for your help I have been able to set the east and west limits for the receiver by resetting the motor settings to the defualt factory settings.The motor now moves the dish but can't pick any birds. any help?

Kwame

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hi Kwame

I don't know which satellites you can receive at your location, of course it will depend on whether your Echostar is pre-programmed to receive them too. If not, you can add them via the advanced installation menu. A list of satellites for your area can be found at _www.lyngsat.com.

Your dish must be correctly aligned on the arc - I don't know the make of dish / motor you are using, if you still have the instructions for setting these up, this is your first priority.

The manual for your receiver will explain how to program the positions of the satellites - if you haven't got one, you can download one from _www.echostar-int.com.

Hope this helps

Llew

dries

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
? next vision ?
I just bought a echostar 3000 ip and i would like to know wich remote key i should use to watch for channels like tps, multivision, nbatv,...
Please help me:)

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Afraid you're out of luck, dries - you need a cam module with the 3000ip. Something like a Dragon or Matrix. And a programmer.

Llew