Heavy duty polar mount for Primesat 1.8m dish C/M modifiation

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Good luck sourcing a Jaeger 1224... SSS have them for £300 but that's a little too much. Though cheaper than a full blown mount.

nelson_b

Contributor
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Strong 4375 driving a 2.4 m Channel Master dual focus offset + Invcom Quad C120 K/U l.n.b. + BSC 421 and Zinwell C band l.n.b.,s - DR HD F15 - TM5302 - Octagon SX88+Optima - GT Media V7 - HD receivers. + other dishes currently in use - Antique 3.0 m Prodelin P.F. - Channel Master 1.8 m offset - Channel Master. 1.2 m.
My Location
North West Yorkshire - near Lancashire & Cumbria borders.
Could you point me to some pictures of you dish please nelson, yes there is plenty of options to play with it I guess, It will have to be all singing and dancing C band dual axis and a tracking system when I get the funds :)

there will be some pictures dotted around on this site somewhere . i will try and find where thy are -- failing that i have some pics on my p.c. of various stages of development.
later -------------

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
I bought mine from eBay for £130.. which included a 90cm prime focus dish and mounting brackets with a 3" pole. But it was still expensive. Don't regret it though - it's a quality bit of kit

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
I bought mine from eBay for £130.. which included a 90cm prime focus dish and mounting brackets with a 3" pole. But it was still expensive. Don't regret it though - it's a quality bit of kit
I think the pole for the 1.8 is over 4inch, after seeing the dish I would never consider putting it on a 1.2 mount:eek:

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
The sat superstore mount can be made in a 3 inch mount I believe to make it easier to instal as 3 inch pole is still pretty beefy, if you get a 5mm walled galvanised.

How do you get away with all the dishes, isn't your other half going mad ?

The jaeger smr 1224 motor is well built but I think a cm 1.8 will be too heavy for it.

There's another company you could get a mount from, well get a price apexsat.

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
My Gibby 1.25 is on a 3m 3" 5mm thick Galvanised and i would never mount a 1.8m on it, as suggested the Norm appears to be the 4" mount for the 1.8 especially with this weather we have been having LOL

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
The sat superstore mount can be made in a 3 inch mount I believe to make it easier to instal as 3 inch pole is still pretty beefy, if you get a 5mm walled galvanised.

How do you get away with all the dishes, isn't your other half going mad ?

The jaeger smr 1224 motor is well built but I think a cm 1.8 will be too heavy for it.

There's another company you could get a mount from, well get a price apexsat.

Thanks Wod, whatever it needs it will have I am not going to fit anything that is un safe and not up for the job, I will check apexsat out thank you,

My wife has no problems with my dishes we have been together nearly 30 years now and don't bicker to much :rolleyes: and she does get some viewing from my hobby from time to time she loves sport more than me. I will stick with actuators then wod thanks again:).

My Gibby 1.25 is on a 3m 3" 5mm thick Galvanised and i would never mount a 1.8m on it, as suggested the Norm appears to be the 4" mount for the 1.8 especially with this weather we have been having LOL
Thanks digi, now I have seen the dish it will have to be mounted on what it takes to keep it there you would not want that flying around:eek:.

Last edited:

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I've worked on a 1.2 CM mount adapted for a 1.8m and it is not stable enough, unless in a very sheltered position.

What he said.