Help - Mount for motor

N

nezbit

My Satellite Setup
DM5620-S Gemini 3.10, 80cm Dish on Moteck SG2100A, MRev2.25, Sky+, Sagem dBox2, DM500c Neutrino dPlus V2.01
My Location
Manchester
I am a relative newcomer to the world of satellites haviong bought a cheap(ish) setup mainly from ebay over the past 6 months.

I currently have an 80cm fixed at 13e and fancy mounting it on a Moteck 2100 disceq motor. I understand that the 'pole' on which the motor and dish are mounted need to be absolutely vertical and every setup I have seen on the web seems to be a scaffold pole bolted to the wall by 2 or more brackets. When I had my dish installed by a professional engineer he used an S shaped bracket (picture attached), will this be suitable for a motoried dish?

Cheers
Neil

Attachments

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You could possibly get away with the existing mount, but they are difficult to get perfectly plumb and a little too flimsy for motorised operation. You may also find that the mount needs to be higher to get the eastern satellites past 19.2 from the look of the picture.

N

nezbit

My Satellite Setup
DM5620-S Gemini 3.10, 80cm Dish on Moteck SG2100A, MRev2.25, Sky+, Sagem dBox2, DM500c Neutrino dPlus V2.01
My Location
Manchester
Thanks rolfw, I had a hunch that would be the case. I am living in a rented house at the moment so have to be a little careful how much I start bolting to the wall. With the layout of the other houses around me you can only really see the dish from my garden and I wouldn't mind keeping it like that even though it will, as you rightly point out, cost me everything east of 19.2. Can you recommend a 'tidy' bracket which would occupy the same wallspace as my current one but offer a stable enough platform for the motor.

Cheers
Neil