help with install

pee856

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate
My Location
uk
hi have got a technomate motorized system but can,t get setup right i can get astra ok but other sats can not get quality am a bit mixed up with the settings i have got my latitude & longitude but don,t no if the angle from motor is right to dish it say,s to be 30 degrees but don,t know how to work out have been up the ladder loads of times gettin pi--ed off now:mad: bracket is level have set elevation on motor to what itsays in book plz help me

cheers

hoppo

Reaction score
There is a whole long post on this, but, if the support is true, the angle for the motor & dish are right, then find Intelsat at 1degW first, Sirius @ 5degE & go fo it from there. Hotbird,Astra 19.2, Astra 2d & Hispasat 30DegW.
Get the 1st one as near to south as poss 1st by fixing the dish to the motor in the middle of the motors pole & move the whole thing. Good luck.
Hoppo

pee856

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate
My Location
uk
hoppo said:
There is a whole long post on this, but, if the support is true, the angle for the motor & dish are right, then find Intelsat at 1degW first, Sirius @ 5degE & go fo it from there. Hotbird,Astra 19.2, Astra 2d & Hispasat 30DegW.
Get the 1st one as near to south as poss 1st by fixing the dish to the motor in the middle of the motors pole & move the whole thing. Good luck.
Hoppo

had another go can recieve only astra 1 & b but think that angle from motor to dish is wrong it is supposed to be 30 degre angle so i am told but how do you work this out also is my dish high enough it is 4ft from top of trof also on my compass i am aiming dish to south is that right plz help doin my head in now more info needed guys !!!!
cheers

llss

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500 ci super 80 c m dish diseque 1.2 superjack motorised system dragon celebro cas 3
My Location
northumberland
what type of motor hve you got

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
@pee856,

Have you looked in the "sticky threads" at the start of "Dish Setup etc,etc" as it shows you how to set up your motorised system.
Have a good read and then attempt to set your system up.

Picture below shows where you should be adjusting your dish elevation.

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
Weekend past i re aligned my motor/dish.. had enough of signals breaking up..

I set the motor to refrence with the manual and set the dish at a random angle.. plugged sat metre in and line up.. .

What motor do you own..

pee856

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate
My Location
uk
llss said:
what type of motor hve you got

disq1.2 thats all i no dish up so can,t see

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
pee856 said:
disq1.2 thats all i no dish up so can,t see

If you can't get to the dish, then that may be part of the problem.

llss

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500 ci super 80 c m dish diseque 1.2 superjack motorised system dragon celebro cas 3
My Location
northumberland
the polar mount is set to 0 on the dial forget about the degrees of motor and polar mount get dish on totally parrell with mark on polar mount , and line both motor and polar arm and dish to thor 0.8 degrees westand peak using only eleavaton . , once found , move motor back a tiny bit 1 degreethen tigen motor . you then should be on the arc , scan with motor to 28 ,2 peak east then go 30 west hippasat peak try and find happy medium between west sats and east thats the i do it hope it helps

llss

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
northumberland
make sure pole is tollay square , and lattitude set properly this is very important

pee856

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate
My Location
uk
llss said:
make sure pole is tollay square , and lattitude set properly this is very important

on the motor i have set 37 elevation got longitude latitude but it says -2.128 is that right gone off table that came with motor
will try what you said at weekend cheers for your help......

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sounds like the motor is a Moteck clone, in which case, if your latitude is 53 degrees, the angle on the dish should be set at 32.5 (that according to the moteck manual)

Then you need to get up the ladder and find 1W by moving the motor bracket on the pole and fine tuning the dish elevation. You should not be moving the motor with the receiver at this stage.

llss

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
northumberland
o kay on the disec motor lattitide setting depends on what part of the country you live in , for instance i live in newcastle lattitude is 55 , you acn find this out just looking on google it will tell u your longitude and lattitude for where you live m8 its the lat you are after .

pee856

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate
My Location
uk
rolfw said:
Sounds like the motor is a Moteck clone, in which case, if your latitude is 53 degrees, the angle on the dish should be set at 32.5 (that according to the moteck manual)

Then you need to get up the ladder and find 1W by moving the motor bracket on the pole and fine tuning the dish elevation. You should not be moving the motor with the receiver at this stage.

longitude is -2159 latitude is 53.618 ela130m .....also how do you get true suoth from a compass don,t if doin right.....

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
pee856 said:
longitude is -2159 latitude is 53.618 ela130m .....also how do you get true suoth from a compass don,t if doin right.....

Thats manchester / Rochdale/oldham is it not:??

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
Yes you live round the corner from moi.. set you motor to 37degs.. and your dish at 7degs.. in usals put your details same as mine 53,3 < lat . 0.02 long..

Same settings as mine..

pee856

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate
My Location
uk
Yeshi said:
Thats manchester / Rochdale/oldham is it not:??

yes rochdale how do you find true south with compass:confused

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
pee856 said:
yes rochdale how do you find true south with compass:confused

There is no need.

Attach all the system up turn on.. send the motor to 1w. then go back to the dish and line up on 1w..

This way when you send your dish to 0w. it will be on true south.

If you need help im off this week. just give us a shout. im bordoring with rochdale and Middleton

pee856

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate
My Location
uk
Yeshi said:
There is no need.

Attach all the system up turn on.. send the motor to 1w. then go back to the dish and line up on 1w..

This way when you send your dish to 0w. it will be on true south.

If you need help im off this week. just give us a shout. im bordoring with rochdale and Middleton

cheers do you live on queensway might take you up on offer....:)