How To Get Hotbird In India

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehra

SATELLITE SNIFFER
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dish Tv Zenega STBs | 1 DM 800 HD Clone | 180 cm TX Rx Fibre offset Dish Antenna |
My Location
india
DEAR SIR,
I M IN INDIA AT LAT 30.11 ANDE LONG 75 DEGREES IN INDIA. CURRENTLY I OWN A ALUMINIUM 6' DISH WITH HOLES OF MESH MEASURING PRETTY LESS THAN QUARTER OF INCH. I TESTED IT ON NSS6 FOR DISH TV DTH SIGNALS AND I GOT ABT 65% WITHOUT ANY EFFORTS. I HOPE THE FIGURE MAY GET BETTER IF I MOUNT LNB PROPERLY(I JUST PUT IT IN C BAND FEEDHORN WAVEGUIDE FOR TESTING). NOW I WISH TO WATCH HOTBIRD (ANY EROTIC STUFF) WITH COSHIP "CDVB2000B" DIGITAL RECEIVER (C & Ku BAND COMPATIBLE), CALCULATIONS SHOW A REQUIREMENT OF TUNING THE DISH TO 13 DEGREE EAST AND 15 DEGREE ELEVATION. SO PLZ TELL ME WHETHER MY STATISTICS ALLW ME TO C HOTBIRD ???
THANX IN ADVANCE
MUKESH MEHRA

amxson

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have one 12ft dish mesh
one 6ft solid and a 90cm ku band .My computer system with p4 , receivers eurostar, coship,and starsat
My Location
india
This is not very eassy to get it is acc to your place where you installed

gunakarrout

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OPNEBOX
My Location
India
Dear mukesh
I am in delhi can you tell me your location & which type of dish you have

bokya

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dish tv network and FTA receiver
My Location
Mumbai (India)
Dear Mukesh

It is very hard to receive hotbird in India

Its important that you should have Large dish i.e 9to 10 feet near North India to receive eroctic stuff from hotbird

but mr sharaf form south india is receiving hotbird on 6 feet offset dish and yesh form delhi is receiving hotbird 2 on 90 cm dish

so try your luck because many of our members in India is looking to catch hotbird

so Best of Luck

:-Cbigsmil

mehra

SATELLITE SNIFFER
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dish Tv Zenega STBs | 1 DM 800 HD Clone | 180 cm TX Rx Fibre offset Dish Antenna |
My Location
india
gunakarrout said:
Dear mukesh
I am in delhi can you tell me your location & which type of dish you have

THANX FOR REPLYINH BROTHER.I RESIDE IN BATHINDA, PUNJAB, INDIA. GOD KNOWS WHETHER I M LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET HOTBIRD OR NOT. WHAT DO U SAY ???:-Cbigsmil :-Cbigsmil

mehra

SATELLITE SNIFFER
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
india
THANKS AMXSON, GUNAKARROUT AND BOKYA FOR YOUR PRECIOUS RESPONSES. PLZ KEEP THE BALL ROLLING SO THAT ALL OF US ARE BENEFITED.I M TRYING TO CONVERT MY DISH TO SOLID ONE, MAYBE THEN I GET A BIT OF HOTBIRD.
THANKS BUDDIES ONCE AGAIN.:-HoHo :-HoHo :-bigsanta :-bigsanta

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Let me point out that just because its reported possible to receiver for example Hottie2 in Delhi on a 90cm dish doesnt mean that its possible all over India - fringe reception is very much a "black art" and you can get some very strange things happening in extreme fringe areas. You get "hot spots" where the signal is stronger than expected and "cold spots" where it is weaker. These differences can occur over just a few miles.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
mehra said:
THANKS AMXSON, GUNAKARROUT AND BOKYA FOR YOUR PRECIOUS RESPONSES. PLZ KEEP THE BALL ROLLING SO THAT ALL OF US ARE BENEFITED.I M TRYING TO CONVERT MY DISH TO SOLID ONE, MAYBE THEN I GET A BIT OF HOTBIRD.

From your description I reckon you have a C-band dish

At Ku band satellite frequencies the wavelengths of the downlinks from the satellite are in the order of a millimeter. So your dish will have to be accurately converted with extreme precision.

Remember that you are looking at extremely weak signals - to be honest the results are unlikely to be good, but its an interesting project.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Let me also point out 2 more important things to remember:

1) the free to air "erotic" channels are little more than scantily clad tarts writhing and pouting in front of the camera. Not erotic at all. There little to no actual s_x action fta.

2) Hottie 2 will be taken out of service in around 2 years. At this point India will more or less lose 13E reception - the newer satellites dont seem to cover India as well.

mehra

SATELLITE SNIFFER
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
india
Thanx Analogue for ur guidance. You have been extremely careful and helpful to me. As I can conclude frm discussions :
We will get no / extreme weak reception, and moreover even if I succeed the stuff may not suffice to satisfy me. On the other hand expenses and consumption of efforts is very sure. So I think I should drop the idea. Actually I posted a PM to Vehlajatt (frm faridkot; very near to bathinda), but unfortunately I didnt get a reply. May b he could tell a bit better coz he has experimented on this topic. Anyway buddies still the hope is live but I'll go in for a bit of more research. I'll regularly keep on posting, and expect all of u to do so....Bye.:-HoHo :-HoHo :-santa3 :-santa3

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If you want a big Ku band dish then to be honest you are better off saving your rupees and buying one. Remember though - big dishes are NOT cheap.

gunakarrout

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OPNEBOX
My Location
India
Dear mukesh,

if you change your dish to solid or fiber then you able to get hotbird over 300
+ channel.It Will better to get 240cm solid dish for hotbird
I am in delhi having 120cm dish getting over 150+ channel

Best Regards
Gunakar

mehra

SATELLITE SNIFFER
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
india
gunakarrout said:
Dear mukesh,

Best Regards
Gunakar

Actually I will just tear off mesh and fix plain aluminium sheet on my existing 6' dish. I hope it will do. to b framk I dont want to spend when results are unconfirmed. What do u say ?? And yes do u have any inputs about how to fix Ku band LNB on this dish. How to detect the focus point of dish. It's a spherical one.

Waiting:-HoHo

bokya

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dish tv network and FTA receiver
My Location
Mumbai (India)
gunakarrout said:
Dear mukesh,

Best Regards
Gunakar

Hi gunakarrout

Plese tell me which hotbird you are receiving currently

i mean hotbird 2 4 7a or 8

and tell me about the signal rate in delhi of Hotbird

thanks

* Mehra

6 feet solid dish can also receive hotbird in south india
and in Punjab you can easily access hotbird
try to contact Jams orbit for dish or spacelink is the other option

:-snowman:-snowman

mehra

SATELLITE SNIFFER
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
india
bokya said:
Hi gunakarrout

Plese tell me which hotbird you are receiving currently

i mean hotbird 2 4 7a or 8

and tell me about the signal rate in delhi of Hotbird

thanks

* Mehra

6 feet solid dish can also receive hotbird in south india
and in Punjab you can easily access hotbird
try to contact Jams orbit for dish or spacelink is the other option

:-snowman:-snowman

Dear friends,
I m working for this project. But I have to b a bit careful so that I dont spend money "uselessly".
Thanks for replying. Plz keep it up.
Bye:-sugar

D

deleted

mehra said:
Actually I will just tear off mesh and fix plain aluminium sheet on my existing 6' dish. I hope it will do. to b framk I dont want to spend when results are unconfirmed. What do u say ?? And yes do u have any inputs about how to fix Ku band LNB on this dish. How to detect the focus point of dish. It's a spherical one.

If you are going to replace the mesh with aliminium sheets be careful, sometimes the dish would warp. Also I have heard that there is little to no improvement in doing so. Why not put a ku lnbf first before trying to replace the mesh?

mehra

SATELLITE SNIFFER
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
india
omkar said:
If you are going to replace the mesh with aliminium sheets be careful, sometimes the dish would warp. Also I have heard that there is little to no improvement in doing so. Why not put a ku lnbf first before trying to replace the mesh?

Yes Omkar bhai I have already checked it on NSS6. It worked for about 65% signal without any fine tuning. I fixed the Ku band LNB inside the feedhorn waveguide of C band lnb. So it picked the signals. But I think when we are considering for Hotbird signals then, we should take care of every single bit of signal...So wat's ur idea ???:-googly :-googly

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
mehra said:

It probably wont work very well for very weak signals. The dish you requires precision engineeering. It might work for strong signals like NSS6 as any old rubbish dish works for strong signals - (Ive proved that enough times with my bent and warped dishes here on strong signals..)

Cutting mesh off then welding aluminium sheet on is not precision engineering....!:D

Point the dish at the sun, and see which point it focusses the sunlight. You may get enough reflection to work out where the focal point is.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
It would be useful if folks receiving Hotbird channels in India would post which frequencies they can get so we can work out the rough coverage areas of each satellite.

I know Hotbird 2 wide beam is available in parts of India but I have seen any confirmed reports of 6, 7A or 8 yet.

mehra

SATELLITE SNIFFER
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
india
Analoguesat said:
It would be useful if folks receiving Hotbird channels in India would post which frequencies they can get so we can work out the rough coverage areas of each satellite.

I know Hotbird 2 wide beam is available in parts of India but I have seen any confirmed reports of 6, 7A or 8 yet.

Thanx Analogue for ur valuble comments. I think we need some more guys giving their idea about reception of Hotbirds in India:-HoHo :-HoHo Anybody there ..!!!
And dont worry Analogue, Whatever I do I'll first discuss it with u for sure. Only then I'll proceed.
Thanx n Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.