HUMAX HDCI-2000 thread

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Ah, it's back on song. Thanks Shahid.

Shahid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sony KLV26HG2 LCD TV, Humax HD-CI 2000 on a Fixed Sky/Astra/Hotbird.
Cerebro Card. Infinity USB Phonix. Dragon Cam v4.1 w/Firecrypt & Loader Card.
My Location
London UK
Llew said:
Ah, it's back on song. Thanks Shahid.

proof just incase :)

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
Who knocked the TV over in the last picture? :-doh!

Llew

nautivago

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax hdci2000,Kaon
Astra,Hotb,Hisp
My Location
Porto, Portugal
Perhaps, a rooney´s fun was sleeping on the game ...

good2talk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nothing at the moment until I find a receiver.
My Location
yookay
After reading so much about Humax HDCI-2000, I bought it but completely disappointed with its performance.

I was using a Samsung A300W with component cable that gave me excellent picture quality (all SD channels were so clear near enough to HD channles). The Humax is nowhere near to that quality. The only benefit I am having from Humax is I can watch BBC HD. Otherwise it is a cr*p receiver. I have decided to go back to Samsung A300W becuase those SD channels are more important to me than just the BBC HD channel.

What I could not understand also:

There is channel called Cee(i)TV on Hotbird 11727V 27500 3/4 that is free to air. The Humax can't view the picture for some reason it plays just the audio only where I tried with Technomate, Samsung & Echostar they all clear Video & Audio.

I believe the Humax has a bug in the new software. Any body else having similar problem.

One more thing to mention:

Buying an expensive HDMI cable for this Humax is as good as binning your money. The image will be much worst than Component cables.

Is it worth complaining all these to the manufacturer? If yes, how?

Thanks to all reading my message and suggesting to overcome the hassles I have.
:-bash :-bash :-bash

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well I've looked at a couple of Humax and Pace receivers and the difference between SD and HD is not small, is your TV HD as well?

good2talk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yookay
Yes, my TV is HD ready. I get very crisp image even from built-in Freeview. Its a brillant TV. As I mentioned earlier Samsung gives excellent image but not Humax.

I have sent an email to Humax. Lets hope they will reply.

johnsattuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 5800 Echostar3000,DB7000, Relook 400S, Humax HDC2000, 55cm Fibo Gregorian dish with waveguide and Motek 2100 mod, 90cm Fibo Gregorian dish, 120cm Fibo Gregorian dish on a 1224 motor with waveguide
My Location
West Mids, UK
I recently bought a Humax to dabble in HD, and am also a little dissapointed. :mad:

The HDMI into my Proj. is quite good, but I find that the SD pic. is not as good a pic. as my Topfield 5800, or my Dreambox or Relook.

I am feeding my panasonic plasma with the YUV signal, same as all my other devices, and find that the SD pic is over saturated colourwise, looking a bit poster paint. The HD pic fed to the pana is better than SD, even though the pana is not HD.
I dont want to mess with the settings on the pana, because that would upset the other sources, which are OK. :(

good2talk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yookay
:-shh johnsattuk, Please complain to:

tech-info:-shhhumax-digital.co.uk

Unless many customers complain, they are not going to release a new software to fix it.

They released BBC HD software only after many users complained about it.

good2talk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yookay
jagost02 said:
Good2talk,

Trust me you will be impressed with, and find the HDCI-2000 a good investment even at the current prices. Dont forget to get a Dragon/T-rex for the extra bonuses ;) . When I was looking up info on the Humax I coudn't find enough pictures of it. Once I get a chance I'll upload some.

Regards,
Jagost02

Sadly it is not a good investment. I was happy with my previous Samsung receiver. Humax is useless for me. Money wasted and I am taking U turn now.

jagost02

Single
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Yamaha YZF-R1
My Location
North of the Tejo & South of the Thames
good2talk said:
Sadly it is not a good investment. I was happy with my previous Samsung receiver. Humax is useless for me. Money wasted and I am taking U turn now.

To each his own. I am like many others who are happy with their HDCI-2000. I did mention in my other post which we discussed deeply the differences of black levels between the HDMi and component outputs. It could be your TV inputs. I know that my 40" Samsung LCD TV handles its inputs differently depending on the connector HDMI vs. Component. Like I have said before the picture quality is amazing.

If you were happy with your SD channels then the HDCI-2000 wasn't going to do it for you unless you were really into the HD thing. I still say that the Humax is the best HD receiver that I have seen available at the moment (Quali-TV1080 & Pace).

Maybe your hopes were too high or a bad receiver... I don't know. Like I said I have had many receivers including the Dreambeox 7000s, 500s, Samsung SCI-702C etc... and am happy with this one.

Aside from BBC HD did you see any of the other HD channels? Did you try the TRex or Cerebro in it?

By the way Humax is a good comapny and they will release firmwares to correct/improve the outstanding issues on this receiver as they have done with others in the past.

Regards,
Jagost02

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Anyone tried the new settings list yet? (Formula v.1.01)

Llew

jagost02

Single
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Yamaha YZF-R1
My Location
North of the Tejo & South of the Thames
Llew,

I'll be trying it when I get home.

Regards,
Jagost02

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
OK Jagost02, will try myself later. Apparently it clears some bugs, like allocating the TP's to the correct sats after uploading.

Llew

good2talk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yookay
Llew said:
Anyone tried the new settings list yet? (Formula v.1.01)

Llew

Where can I get this from?
:confused

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
It's available over on satdudez (HD receiver section)

Llew

B

beintot

Shahid said:
Here is the .fdf file which you need to upload to your box using The Official Humax Sat Editor named 'Formula NH'

To get the .fdf file

www.fileden.com/files/29802/HDCI2000final.rar
NOTE: The above link is not a key or hack code. Its just a file to get the Premier Direckt Channels stored in the Humax HDCI 2000.
Right Click Save as

Do a System Restore and Scan Astra 1 Only
Here are full instructions on what do .
Set The Humax HDCI2000 on Astra 1. Switch of the HumaxHDCI2000 at the back.
Connect a null modem cable betwen serial port PC and serial port of the Humax HDCI2000.
Start the software "formula for NEO ver NH1.00" then load channellist HDCI2000final.
click on "Download to STB" and switch on Humax HDCI2000 at the back.

Be Paintent, wait a few seconds. Till is starts loading the file to the Humax HDCI 2000

Now you are ready to scan the other satellites (if you have them)

Now you should have the additional Premier Direckt Channels in the Humax HDCI2000. If you had a Celebro Card working prior to Premier Package, then it will clear these Premiere direct Channels too. Hope that clears things up.

If you are wondering what is Celebro Card. go here.
http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?p=381803#post381803

Regards
Shahid.

thanks sahid,your file worked fine on my box,i just use a monoblock for astra and hotbird,for ages i hadn't even been able to run the updating tool [oak something],kept getting win xp auto exec errors,managed to fix that problem today and your file opened all the channels i couldn't find,even before when i clicked on unknown channel they weren't there,now they are all clearly labelled.
hard to tell which diseqc version i'm using,the monoblock is brand new,all i can say is it works on a system that isn't motorised.

good2talk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yookay
Llew said:
OK Jagost02, will try myself later. Apparently it clears some bugs, like allocating the TP's to the correct sats after uploading.

Llew

Please help me if you can.

There is channel called Cee(i)TV on Hotbird 11727V 27500 3/4 that is free to air. The Humax can't view the picture for some reason it plays just the audio only where I tried with Technomate, Samsung & Echostar they all clear Video & Audio.

Could you, kindly try to clear this with new formula and let me know?

Thank you.

B

beintot

to follow on from what i said yesterday,the file worked fine at first,then i realised i could only get astra and not switch back to hotbird,pressed the remote and it wouldn' let me back to hotbird,also it thought i was using a motorised set up and tried to move the dish.
So i edited the channels myself with the humax formula software,just added the 20+ premiere channels individually to all my hotbird and astra channels that i uploaded from my reciever,process took a while to upload all the channels to the computer via the r232 cable,around half an hour,but the editing was easy enough,just used all sahid's figures in the editing and it's working fine now,as all the settings are personalised for my own box.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
good2talk said:
Please help me if you can.

Could you, kindly try to clear this with new formula and let me know?

Thank you.

Can't offer any clue as to why this channel doesn't clear, good2talk.

Checking the idents with Formula against those on my Triple Dragon, which clears that channel, all are correct, i.e. -

SID: 35BB
PMT PID: 0113
VPID: 0B2D
APID: 0B2E
PCRPID: 0B2C

A mystery indeed.

Llew