Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
SatGal85 said:
ok. well i can only get channel 5 everything else says - signal not found. but how come people in malta are getting channel 4 and itv ?? :confused are you using these freq as in post172? uffff how come i cant get any :(

There are 4 satellites with at least 8 different transmission beams. Your equipment is different to everyone else, it may not be quite as well matched, or your dish may be very slightly misaligned. In extreme fringe reception conditions just because someone a couple of miles away is getting a channel theres no guarantee whatsoever you can get it with different equipment

zorbua

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD
Dreambox 800se
Dreambox 900UHD
Clark Tech 5000 HD
Numerous other receivers (Retired)
Dish Gibertini 1.5 M
Dishes Gibertini 1.2 x2
Dish Gibertini 1 M
My Location
Malta
deejay said:
Hi All. In response to Ladybug and other Malta/Gozo members I have ITV on all day (if it rains I loose ITV) with a 1.2m dish. Channel 4 is not good though as I only get it in the morning 8 to 10 and the evening 6 to 9. My system is at its optimum with a quad Invacom LNB and a Panasonic DSB30. If you want to get these channels 24/7 365 days a year you will need a 1.5m dish with the quad Invacom LNB and a fringe reception box (Panasonic DSB30). .
Hope this helps:)

Funny thing....I can get channel 4 and 4+1 on freq 12480 V just viewable almost all day, barring rain, but no ITV...with a well aligned 1.2 Dish and a 0.3 db normal LNB.There is of course channel 4HD on 11798H and this with a very strong signal strength. @DEEJAY out of curiosity can you tell me the Frequency please of the Itv channel you are Rx.

milestone 11

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.25m dish, sky+ HD digibox, Amstrad DRX890z, Sony vaio VGN-NR11Z/S
My Location
Corralejo
Baxter Boy said:
I've just lost and gained some more channels in Fuerteventura.

Lost:

121 Virgin 1
122 Virgin 1 +1
413 Motors TV
502 Bloomberg
505 CNBC

Gained

129 Sci-Fi
510 CCTV-9
513 France 24
514 Al Jazeera English
530 History +1

Is this more beam changes?
I'm in Fuerteventura Baxter Boy, still have the channels you appear to have lost and don't have those that you have gained.

SatGal85

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky box standard box. 1.5 m dish.
My Location
malta
zorbua said:
Funny thing....I can get channel 4 and 4+1 on freq 12480 V just viewable almost all day, barring rain, but no ITV...with a well aligned 1.2 Dish and a 0.3 db normal LNB.There is of course channel 4HD on 11798H and this with a very strong signal strength. @DEEJAY out of curiosity can you tell me the Frequency please of the Itv channel you are Rx.

hi.. can you please direct to who aligned your satellite please? as i am still waiting for the new card to work :( and maybe if it does i can align the satellite better

dave dee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky sat hd
My Location
malta, birzebbuga.
hi, what a great forum, can anyone in Malta confirm they are still viewing itv/4 on sky box in other channels before i wreck my whole reception trying to re-align the dish.

SatGal85

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
malta
yup.. i agree with the previous post :) ... i will just sleep better once i get this issue solved with.
also from previous posts... i don't think its the size of the dish.. either realignment or else something is messed up...
but i used to get itv and c4 in july and part of aug.. then poof.. they vanished.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
SatGal85 said:
but i used to get itv and c4 in july and part of aug.. then poof.. they vanished.

There was a beam change in mid August and ITV & C4 moved onto a beam that is far weaker in Malta than previously.

If your dish is too small or marginally misaligned you wont get it any longer.

Its possible its just marginal dish misalignment as you have a 1.5m dish - bigger dishes need to be aligned more accurately. Or its possible the lnb isnt matched to the dish very well and causing losses, the dish could be warped, the cable could be damaged, full of water, or otherwise unsuitable...... etc etc.

zorbua

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD
Dreambox 800se
Dreambox 900UHD
Clark Tech 5000 HD
Dish Gibertini 1.5 M
Dishes Gibertini 1.2 x2
Dish Gibertini 1 M
My Location
Malta
SatGal85 said:
hi.. can you please direct to who aligned your satellite please? as i am still waiting for the new card to work :( and maybe if it does i can align the satellite better

Actually I setup my own systems from Dish to Receivers to Firm wares...but I don't do any private installations....this is just my hobby...but sadly to say in Malta very few Installers bother to make a proper decent installation.....this I concluded quite some time ago from problems encountered by Maltese members in Maltese Forums.

zorbua

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD
Dreambox 800se
Dreambox 900UHD
Clark Tech 5000 HD
Dish Gibertini 1.5 M
Dishes Gibertini 1.2 x2
Dish Gibertini 1 M
My Location
Malta
Analoguesat said:
There was a beam change in mid August and ITV & C4 moved onto a beam that is far weaker in Malta than previously.

If your dish is too small or marginally misaligned you wont get it any longer.

Its possible its just marginal dish misalignment as you have a 1.5m dish - bigger dishes need to be aligned more accurately. Or its possible the lnb isnt matched to the dish very well and causing losses, the dish could be warped, the cable could be damaged, full of water, or otherwise unsuitable...... etc etc.

Hit the nail right on the head...although in Malta I would say its Dish misalignment.... my gosh with a 1.5m Dish in Malta (properly aligned) what would'nt you get.

skyblueboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.8 mtr dish
normal lnb
amstad 280 pvr 3
My Location
malta
i have a 1.8 dish
70% strength and 50% quality on both inputs 1 and 2
no itv or channel 4
a friend from zebbug can get both on his box with a 1.2 dish with 40% strength and 10% quality.
brought it round to my place and no signal but both strength and quality better than hes ever seen?

deejay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m dish, Ivacom quad lnb 3db, Grundig 300?, Panasonic DB30 sky box for fringe reception
My Location
Gozo, Malta
Hi All. Sorry i havent responded until now. If you have a 1.5m offset dish you can get ITV/Channel 4 in Malta/Gozo but you need a very good LNB (Invacom quad 0.3db is best I've found) and a fringe reception box ie a Panasonic DB30. When you have these then you need to allign the dish to its maximum (mm perfect) for channel 4. Before moving your dish set up your box next to the satellite dish with a TV. Mark exactly the position off the dish so you can go back to that position easily. If you have Channel 4 in other channels, great, select that, if not you will need to set the default transponder to 12480v where channel 4 is. To do this enter services 401 select into your sky remote, choose default transponder and change it to 12480v and press select. Disconnect the power from the box and reconnect, 12480v should stay as the default transponder. Choose Channel 4 from other channels (no satellite signal being received will display on the banner or go to the default transponder services 401, select, 2, where it should show signal strentgh/quality etc. Loosen the bolts to move from side to side. Move very slowly in mm movements leaving 5 to 10 seconds between moves, if no picture displays or no signal quality appears then move back to original position and tighten bolts, now undo bolts so you can move dish forward or backwords. Move very slowly in mm movements leaving 5 to 10 seconds between moves. If you dont get the signal quality then you need to move from side to side in mm movements and forward/backward in mm movements. Not easy but if your box already has a default transponder/time date/and some sky cahnnels before you start, then you are not very far away from the optimum position for channel 4. Now when you have a picture for channel 4 you need to set the skew on the lnb (this is very important to get the best possible picture). To do this turn the lnb to the left until the picture starts to pixillate, mark the lnb, now move to the right until the picture comes back and then starts to pixillate again, mark this point. The centre of these two marks is the optimum position of the lnb. Once you have channel 4 with the box/dish/lnb stated above then you will have ITV as well (12402v) It sounds complecated but do it step by step and in very small movements leaving 5 to 10 seconds between each move so your sky box can start reading from the Channel 4 transponder.:)

SatGal85

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
malta
hi, i am quite new at this and have got no idea or clue what all the above means! :)
would it be possible for those that live in malta to please contact me maybe via email?
I getto the point where it states sky dish and box and everything else is japanese :S

deejay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m dish, Ivacom quad lnb 3db, Grundig 300?, Panasonic DB30 sky box for fringe reception
My Location
Gozo, Malta
Hi send me a private message if you need help. I am on Gozo.:)

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
deejay and SatGal85

I'm afraid thatneither have enough posts to be able to send private messages yet.

If you want to contact each other then you will have to enable your Vcard in your profile.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
PaulR said:
deejay and SatGal85

I'm afraid thatneither have enough posts to be able to send private messages yet.

If you want to contact each other then you will have to enable your Vcard in your profile.

Don't think vcard is visable for those without PM privileges.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
satelliteman said:
Don't think vcard is visable for those without PM privileges.

No it isnt - theres a bug in the forum software.

SatGal85

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
malta
hey deejay.. thnks for your offer :)

may i ask what are you doing to get channel 4 and itv please?

or whom you contacted to help you out ...

cheers!!

zorbua

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD
Dreambox 800se
Dreambox 900UHD
Clark Tech 5000 HD
Dish Gibertini 1.5 M
Dishes Gibertini 1.2 x2
Dish Gibertini 1 M
My Location
Malta
@Deejay...I think my friend what you have forgotten to add in a case like this (i.e. a very weak signal) is that whoever is going to tamper with his Dish must first make sure that his Pole is really straight (plumb line with a Spirt level or better still with an Inclinometer) and that his Motor co-ordinates are really correct....otherwise it won't be of any use just to set the Azimuth and Elevation of the Dish....because the Sats Arc still won't be followed correctly...just thought of saying this so as to start from here first and then proceed to the rest.

Xaghra

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.8 mtr dish
My Location
gozo
For some reason the C4 Channels are now Ok from 21.00hrs for 12 hours. ITV is there but breaking up badly.
No-one has yet adequately explained why when these channels were switched onto transponders 'with less power' they simultaneously became 'stronger' in the east Med ( Cyprus etc).

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Xaghra said:
For some reason the C4 Channels are now Ok from 21.00hrs for 12 hours. ITV is there but breaking up badly.
No-one has yet adequately explained why when these channels were switched onto transponders 'with less power' they simultaneously became 'stronger' in the east Med ( Cyprus etc).

Because the EIRP available at any location doesn't just depend upon the nominal output of the Source TP, but also what the precise Footprint of that TP happens to be - and even that can vary in time due to the Satellite that carries that Transponder wobbling in its 3-D space box.