ITV HD Humax HDCI-2000

sniffles

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI 2000 and old Sky Panasonic box.
My Location
Dublin
Many thanks, Developers. After four days of fun and frustration, I finally got sound and vision together. My original attempt was to manually change the PIDs , which produced vison only - eventually pasted the channel setting from Channnel list 03 by Magwitch and got it all.

:-worship

cymbeline

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hdci2000
My Location
suffolk
A quick question or two, where can i get the updated firmware for my hdci2000 ie v15 and also can't seem to find formula prog anywhere. Any help appreciated
regards

cymbeline

developers

Reaction score
Website
www.development.plus.com
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Solo 4k PVR using Enigma2, Motorised Triax 1.1m, fixed Orbital 80cm dish with 3 LNB 13e, 19.2e and 28.5e 4/1 way diseqc Cas 3+ Diablo 2.3 & TRex 4.6 Rover SDM2 & Satlook HD
My Location
Cheshire.
cymbeline have a look at my post 33 above - downloads are at _http://www.humaxdigital.com/hcsa/download/products/HDCI-2000.asp#f

regards
Jem

usman786

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi All,

What am I doing wrong, I have added ITV HD on my channel list but cannot see any picture, is it still up and what times does it come on if so, Am I using the wrong version i.e Predator 3.66

I have never been able to watch CH4 HD either, Any ideas and suggestions would be grateful.

Usman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI-2000, Dragon Twin CAM 4.1, DVDO HD+ scaler, Sony LCD TV
My Location
Nottingham, UK
usman786 said:
I have added ITV HD on my channel list but cannot see any picture, is it still up and what times does it come on if so, Am I using the wrong version i.e Predator 3.66

I have never been able to watch CH4 HD either
Doesn't matter what Predator version you use with ITV HD because it's not encrypted. Have you followed the procedure further up this thread, i.e. use Formula, make a copy of an existing HD channel then edit the copy, etc.?

Re Channel 4, if you can get Ch4 SD (encrypted version) with your CAM then it should be OK for Ch4 HD.

Only Humax software version 11 will get a picture on Ch4 HD.

julian_1234

Reaction score
Sorry to resurrect an old(ish) thread but I've got a couple of formula queries.

I downloaded my current list off of my hdci (which took about 20 minutes).
However, when I try to upload a list it shows the transfer on the pc ok (and it takes less than 5 seconds), but the receiver then shows "E-01" on the front display.
I tried leaving it for five minutes or so, but it stays on the same display. If I then reboot the receiver it still has the old list installed.

Also, I tried copying and editing the BBC HD to the ITV HD settings as described earlier in this thread. However when I edit the PMT to 3400 (and save it), then if I select a different channel in the list and then go back to the new ITV settings it shows the PMT value to have 10 less .... i.e. 3390.
If I repeat the same thing using a PMT of 3410 I get a value of 3400.

Any ideas ?

Update ... I've tried the editing the file on a different machine and that works ok, so it's peculiar to that machine.
This may also explain the update problem if it's not saving the file correctly ?!?

Thanks,
Julian.

nmacwarbirds

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI2000
My Location
Norfolk
Dear Jem
Thank you for the channel list, ITV HD is there ready and waiting for the big kick off this afternoon. Just slightly off topic, is there a book or any where on the net where I can learn all the Satellite jargon. I can update my cam and enter keys etc (Humax HDCI 2000). I don't understand caids and things like that. It would be nice to have a good understanding of this wonderful subject.

I am very happy with my Humax, the only draw back is that there is no hard drive or a facility to have one.
Thanks again for your help.

Regards Phil G.
PS. I have just remembered, some of the HD channels on Astra 1, say that there is a bad signal and will not work.

developers

Reaction score
Website
www.development.plus.com
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Solo 4k PVR using Enigma2, Motorised Triax 1.1m, fixed Orbital 80cm dish with 3 LNB 13e, 19.2e and 28.5e 4/1 way diseqc Cas 3+ Diablo 2.3 & TRex 4.6 Rover SDM2 & Satlook HD
My Location
Cheshire.
Hi Phil
Yes it's a good box particularly with a good screen and I like the navigation - I know some don't but I know it and can't fault it. You get the message for a bad signal when the channel has moved transponders since the list was prepared or they were wrong in the first place or the Disecq settings are wrong, assuming your getting some hotbird channels probably worth checking the frequencies etc at lyngsat.com for the missing channels.
enjoy the game!
Jem

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI-2000, Dragon Twin CAM 4.1, DVDO HD+ scaler, Sony LCD TV
My Location
Nottingham, UK
Just out of interest does anyone know the subtitle PID for ITV HD? I've tried (Sound PID + 1) as a guess but no luck.

unicorne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI2000 & Sony 32V2000. iMac G4, Powerbook G4, Mac Mini, Macbook 2.4, PS3, Wii, Foxsat HDR & Sony 40W2000, Nokia 9600 & Echostar DSB-2110 somewhere.
My Location
Great Britain
Hello All,
I have been reading all the posts in order to try & get itv hd on my Humax. I had been on version 7 of the software since buying the receiver two years ago but managed to do a manual update from Hot Bird & now am using version 15. I have downloaded the zip file for Formula & opened it however the Dell XP cannot open the Installer & I get the following error message;

16 bit Windows Subsystem
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32AUTOEXEC.NT.The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications.
Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

Any info on how to proceed? Humax customer service are taking a while to 'get back to me'

Many Thanks,

Malpas 8

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI2000
My Location
Derbyshire Dales
Could it be the satellite file is a bit odd? Check some of the web sites and you should find a copy of the Installer on there, run that and I think it should be Ok. I did and my machine is Dell XP.

unicorne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI2000 & Sony 32V2000. iMac G4, Powerbook G4, Mac Mini, Macbook 2.4, PS3, Wii, Foxsat HDR & Sony 40W2000, Nokia 9600 & Echostar DSB-2110 somewhere.
My Location
Great Britain
Thanks for the help there however I went over to Laurals and downloaded the zip file there, unzipped & basically, the same thing happened!

Close or Ignore both have the same result; Nothing!

Is this XP sevice pack 3 Dell missing something!?

developers

Reaction score
Website
www.development.plus.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cheshire.
View attachment 16346 Here is my setup directory -unzip and click on setup.exe (there are other exe files). Hope thiis helps, it was direct from Humax but I don't know if it's the latest version but it does the job!
Jem

budgie1645

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax hdci 2000
My Location
uk manchester
Hi All.
Been trying to get ITV HD since Saturday with the help of all you great people , First problem i had was the Null modem lead , the one i had was not the correct one so i ordered one of Amazon £3-50 incl postage, the second problem was the software i downloaded from Humax , hard time getting this to work , when i thought it was working it said transferring and receiving flash data , sat here ages time and time again but not worked , So as a last ditch effort i tried Jem`s softwear download ( above ) and presto it worked a treat first time , used one of the channel list suited to my setup , So a special thanks to Jem and everybody else .
Phil

unicorne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Great Britain
Thanks Developers,
Have successfully unzipped this files however the same error message as above appears;

16 bit Windows Subsystem
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32AUTOEXEC.NT.The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications.
Choose 'Close' to terminate the application

Must be something with the computer then as this is all that happens when trying to start the Install shield. Will have to try & borrow a laptop from some nice soul.

Thanks anyway.

developers

Reaction score
Website
www.development.plus.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cheshire.
Sorry it didn't help. Just remember you need a com port for the connection lead, lots of laptops only have USB - does anyone use a USB adpter to RS232 with formula programme ok?
Jem

developers

Reaction score
Website
www.development.plus.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cheshire.
Hi Unicorne
I've just had a look at the file you mention, it will open with a text editor such as notepad if you ignore nearly all the lines which are commented out (REM) all mine contains is
@echo off

REM Install CD ROM extensions
lh %SystemRoot%\system32\mscdexnt.exe

REM Install network redirector (load before dosx.exe)
lh %SystemRoot%\system32\redir

REM Install DPMI support
lh %SystemRoot%\system32\dosx

SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 P330 T3
Does that look like yours?
My System Information says service pack 2 and so far as I'm aware I'm up to date with all system updates from Microsoft.
Jem

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI2000
My Location
Kent
developers said:
Sorry it didn't help. Just remember you need a com port for the connection lead, lots of laptops only have USB - does anyone use a USB adpter to RS232 with formula programme ok?
Jem

I'm just in the process off uploading from my STB to PC using a USB to RS3232. I am using Windows Vista. Problem is Vista assigns Com7, and the program is limited to Com1 to Com4, so you need to change the ports in Vista (Device Manager). Once changed I had to reboot Vista to get it to see the USB/RS232 on Com1.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI2000
My Location
Kent
I'm running version 15 with a static sky dish. I have downloaded the zip file for ITV HD.
I have uploaded from my STB to PC okay.
I then opened the zip file and copied the ITV HD line into my config.
All looking well, I then tried downloading from PC to STB, but this takes only several seconds and wiped my config. I have tried saving the config to the PC and selecting all, but I still can not download from my PC to the STB, I'm sure it's a user error! any idea's?

Secondly, am I correct in saying I should be able to get all the free to air channels I get from sky on my Humax, except C4. Although I have a T.Rex, so can get C4? Further more, once C4 come online in October, does that mean I will no longer need my T.Rex to get C4?

Disek

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI2000
My Location
Herts. UK
Well, I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I just can't get ITV HD! BBC HD is fine but after two separate attempts, still no joy with ITV HD.

I've followed the instructions here; scanned, found & saved Brit Shorts, uploaded the settings to the PC, copied & pasted and changed to the ITV HD settings posted here, saved and downloaded back to the Humax. But when I switch to ITV HD channel I just get a blank screen, no audio or video, no error messages, just blank! :god: (Second attempt used C&P from BBC HD channel, but still no joy).

I checked it with menu(info?) from channel list mode and it confirms all the details published here: Astra 2 11426-27500 2/3 H, SID 0, VPID 4301, A PID 4302 , PCR4301 (it doesn't show PMT).

Is it something stupid like they only broadcast at certain times? I would have thought they'd have a demo loop going at least, like the BBC?

Firmware is V1.0.0.15

Any suggestions?

:lease: