ITV HD Humax HDCI-2000

Tony Baker

Reaction score
Hi,

Well until I read this thread this evening I thought that I was the only one still having a problem getting ITV:HD to come in on the Humax 2000!

I have done exactly as Jem instructed, and I'm pleased to say that so far it all seems to work ok! Everything has been downloaded ok via Formula to the STB, which now shows the new Chn listings,- inc's ITV:HD!

However,- the trap is that even though I now have this new Chn list showing ITV:Hd on a Freq of 11,427. It's only showing this msg:--"ITV:HD is currently unavailable"???

So what's the reason for this? Correct Freq and settings have been downloaded but still no ITV:HD Picture or Sound??

Also on a Freq's of 11.426 I have got Brit Shorts SD showing up ok.

So if anyone knows the answer to the non appearance of ITV:HD, I would be very grateful!!

Rgds, TB

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
That 'unavailable' caption is all you are going to get whilst there are no HD programmes being simulcast with the regular ITV channel.

Next confirmed HD broadcast is tomorrow's (18th) Euro2000 footie.

Llew

developers

Reaction score
Website
www.development.plus.com
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Solo 4k PVR using Enigma2, Motorised Triax 1.1m, fixed Orbital 80cm dish with 3 LNB 13e, 19.2e and 28.5e 4/1 way diseqc Cas 3+ Diablo 2.3 & TRex 4.6 Rover SDM2 & Satlook HD
My Location
Cheshire.
Disek
Dislexia rules KO!
Try SID to 0 V PID 3401 Audio 3402 PMT 3400 PCR 3401
Not SID 0, VPID 4301, A PID 4302 , PCR4301
Look at attached screen grab for PMT input
Regards
Jem

Attachments

• formula.jpg
    formula.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 154

julian_1234

Reaction score
Disek said:
Well, I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I just can't get ITV HD! BBC HD is fine but after two separate attempts, still no joy with ITV HD.

I've followed the instructions here; scanned, found & saved Brit Shorts, uploaded the settings to the PC, copied & pasted and changed to the ITV HD settings posted here, saved and downloaded back to the Humax. But when I switch to ITV HD channel I just get a blank screen, no audio or video, no error messages, just blank! :god: (Second attempt used C&P from BBC HD channel, but still no joy).

I checked it with menu(info?) from channel list mode and it confirms all the details published here: Astra 2 11426-27500 2/3 H, SID 0, VPID 4301, A PID 4302 , PCR4301 (it doesn't show PMT).

Is it something stupid like they only broadcast at certain times? I would have thought they'd have a demo loop going at least, like the BBC?

Firmware is V1.0.0.15

Any suggestions?

:lease:

I think I've replied to you in a different forum, but just in case here it is again:

I had a similar problem. Doing the Brit Shorts thing didn't work, whereas using the whole freesat list worked ok.
I eventually found the problem was due to incorrect transponder info.
If you open the freesat list in Formula. Click on the TS Info tab. Sort the list by frequency (by clicking on the frequency tab).
Go down to the 11426 Astra 2 frequency and write down all the parameters (TSID, Network ID etc).
Then open up your own ITV modified list in Formula. Go to the TS Info again, and then check/change the settings for 11426 to be the same as you've written down from the freesat list.

That worked for me anyway.

Disek

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI2000
My Location
Herts. UK
developers said:
Disek
Dislexia rules KO!
Try SID to 0 V PID 3401 Audio 3402 PMT 3400 PCR 3401
Not SID 0, VPID 4301, A PID 4302 , PCR4301
Look at attached screen grab for PMT input
Regards
Jem

Sorry developers, that was just a late night typo by yours truely! The settings were correct, i.e. as you state.

:-doh2

Disek

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI2000
My Location
Herts. UK
julian_1234 said:
I think I've replied to you in a different forum, but just in case here it is again:

I had a similar problem. Doing the Brit Shorts thing didn't work, whereas using the whole freesat list worked ok.
I eventually found the problem was due to incorrect transponder info.
If you open the freesat list in Formula. Click on the TS Info tab. Sort the list by frequency (by clicking on the frequency tab).
Go down to the 11426 Astra 2 frequency and write down all the parameters (TSID, Network ID etc).
Then open up your own ITV modified list in Formula. Go to the TS Info again, and then check/change the settings for 11426 to be the same as you've written down from the freesat list.

That worked for me anyway.

Hi julian_1234,

Well, I tried all those settings and still no joy, everything looked right for Channel and transponder details in Formula. So then, in desperation, I tried downloading the full freesat fdf file, as is. But then when I tried to boot the Humax it just said there were no channels at all! :confused

As it turns out, this may have been a blessing in disguise because I then did get it working however :), so for the benefit of anyone else who should encounter similar problems, here's the full sequence of events:

i) I effectively started from scratch (no programmed channels at all), did a 'new' search on Astra 2 for FTA, TV channels only which found all the usual culprits including, lastly, Brit Shorts.

ii) Uploaded the channel list to the PC and went first to the [TS Info] tab, and modified the last entry (TSID 2315); the only change required was to change the FAKE NID from 59 to 237 (and save!).

iii) Next I went to the [Channel Info] and found BBC HD (ch. 49 in my case) and copied & pasted it (as ch.50). I then made the basic changes as described previously (SID: 0, PMT PID: 3400, Video PID: 3401, Audio PID: 3402, PCR Pid: 3401, Sub. PID: 2330, Svc Name: ITV HD).

iv) Importantly I then used the 'right click' drop down menus to select: a) Provider: Arqiva and :cool: Transponder: 11426(=)27500, in that order. (I think this is probably where I may have messed up before).

v) Saved the channel then new file, switched off the Humax at the mains, set for "Download to STB" and switched back on.

vi) Tada! ITV HD now working! :-thumb1

The only thing I have noticed is that when you first switch to ITV HD, you get picture without sound for about 10 seconds, then the screen momentarily blanks and comes back with the sound. Odd, but not really an issue.

So, happy chappy. Thanks for all the help guys.

Malpas 8

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI2000
My Location
Derbyshire Dales
ITV HD works fine for football, all though Sunday ebvening I did get some picture break down. I have noticed that ITV HD only has two channel Dolby, where as BBC HD has full 5.1. Any reasons for this or is this as it is broadcast?

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI2000
My Location
Kent
I have downloaded the .zip file advised above. I opened this in formula and copied ITV HD to my config.
I clicked Download to STB, Booted Humax which does a download in about 10 seconds and wipes my channels. Same as Disek post.
I tried downloading again several times with the same result.
I tried the important step iv, and also selected Arqiva, but could not find Transponder: 11426(=)27500 so selected the closest I could find
Still same problem!
I have Formula ver NH1.01 20/06/06, I got this from the Humax web site. Is this the latest version, is it compatible with Vista?
Any idea's

julian_1234

Reaction score
Disek said:
Hi julian_1234,

iv) Importantly I then used the 'right click' drop down menus to select: a) Provider: Arqiva and :cool: Transponder: 11426(=)27500, in that order. (I think this is probably where I may have messed up before).

So, happy chappy. Thanks for all the help guys.

Oh yes .... sorry about that. I remember doing that as well, but it was a while ago now !

As for Michael's problem does the box automatically reboot after it's finished uploading the file ?
I had strange problems uploading and downloading using my serial port, but had no problems when I used a usb-9 pin instead.

Also, if you don't have 11426 in the transponder list, in the TS Info list try right clicking on another transponder entry, and copying and pasting it. Then highlight the new copy and change all it's settings to the correct ones for the 11426 transponder (which you should be able to copy (with a pen and pencil!) from your downloaded freesat fdf file). Then save it.
It should then be selectable to use on the ITVHD channel.

Hope that makes sense.

ray_one

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI-2000,Mult LNB Feed
My Location
East Yorkshire
Finally managed to get ITV HD working. Many thanks to all the above posts. This is how I did it:-

1/. Do a scan for required frequency (Astra 2, 11426 H 2/3 etc) this finds Brit Shorts. Store this channel.
2/. Load Formula program onto PC, connect PC to Humax Box using Null modem lead.
3/. Upload current Humax Box program settings to PC using Formula program. This takes about 20 mins but is worth doing because you don't loose all your programs.
4/. Store the new uploaded settings file and make a backup copy. You don't want to loose this file!
5/. Edit the file:- On the Channels page go to the Brit Shorts line and make a note of the Provider and the Transponder. Now delete this line. Copy the BBC HD line and add to the list.
Rename the new line ITV HD. Right click the line and set the Provider and Transponder to the ones you made a note of. Go to the top of the screen and change the settings to:
SID: 0
PMT PID: 8192
VPID: 3401
APID: 3402
PCR PID: 3401
SUBTITLE PID: 0
TELETEXT PID: 8192
Check the program has saved these settings.
6/. Save the new file (to a different file name!)
7/. Close the file and then reopen it, so that it is re-calculated.
8/. Download file to Humax Box
9/. Check ITV HD channel appears in the HD list (double click the red button). ITV HD should now work.
10/. Problems: No channels found: You or the edit progam has messed up. Download the original file (if this does not work your stuffed) to the Humax to check everything OK. Then start edit again with a new file.
I found the number of channels must be the same before and after the edit. This is why I replace the Brit Shorts channel with ITV HD.

Notes: To do Upload or Download a file: Humax Box is powered off. Program button is pressed. Waiting window appears.Humax Box is powered on. (20 mins for Upload, 30 secs for Download). On my PC I suspected
that if the PC went into sleep mode the transfer stopped, so I kept the mouse moving.
I am running ver 15 Humax software. PMT PID: 8192 stops 8sec interrupt.

developers

Reaction score
Website
www.development.plus.com
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Solo 4k PVR using Enigma2, Motorised Triax 1.1m, fixed Orbital 80cm dish with 3 LNB 13e, 19.2e and 28.5e 4/1 way diseqc Cas 3+ Diablo 2.3 & TRex 4.6 Rover SDM2 & Satlook HD
My Location
Cheshire.
michaelwgroves Hi - I think it is essential to scan for Brit Shorts first then copy and paste as described above, I don't think I have ever had a problem with matching the number of channels but I do know a motorised list shouldn't be used for a fixed installation (and vice versa probably) and that the channel must be grouped with other 28 sats not some other sat and that the box must be allowed to reboot after any download (simply leave it alone untill it says standby or a channel name on the front display before powering down - ignore the on screen complete message that's a bad joke as it only refers to the download to the box flash memory and not to the settings being loaded)

or simply use my freesat.fdf and upload it if you use 13, 19 an 28 sats, obviously if you use just 28 that list can still be used and simply delete all the other sats from the box's own channels menu where they can be selected as a group.

Jem

ray_one

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI-2000,Mult LNB Feed
My Location
East Yorkshire
I am using a motorised set up on the Humax to a Fixed set up via an 'EMP-Centauri GOTO nn Switch S.168' box. So thats probably why I need the same number of channels.

Disek

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI2000
My Location
Herts. UK
developers said:
michaelwgroves Hi - I think it is essential to scan for Brit Shorts first then copy and paste as described above, ...

In fact I didn't even need to do that, once you've found Brit Shorts (which conveniently, was the last channel to be found during the FTA, TV search on Astra 2) all you need to do is go to the existing Transponder entry #2315 (11426/27500) and edit the Fake NID entry directly and re-save it. Brit Shorts continues to work fine if you do that as well, I found.

Disek
(Typing whilst watching the footy!)

developers

Reaction score
Website
www.development.plus.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cheshire.
Hi Disek, we're saying the same thing - it is neccesary to get Brit Shots first! How you get it precisely isn't important it just saves the actual transponder into the list - then you can do the cut and paste, edit etc. (or edit Brit Shorts if you prefer but I couldn't get the channel to appear in the HD channel list without copying and pasting the BBC HD entry as a first step then it shows when you use the red button function to choose HD channels).
Does that work with your method?
Jem

Disek

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI2000
My Location
Herts. UK
developers said:
Hi Disek, we're saying the same thing - it is neccesary to get Brit Shots first! How you get it precisely isn't important it just saves the actual transponder into the list - then you can do the cut and paste, edit etc. (or edit Brit Shorts if you prefer but I couldn't get the channel to appear in the HD channel list without copying and pasting the BBC HD entry as a first step then it shows when you use the red button function to choose HD channels).
Does that work with your method?
Jem
Sorry, Jem, you are right we are! I thought you meant to C&P the transponder entry.

:-doh2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI2000
My Location
Kent
I think I may have it, lots of user error from basically not reading your posts correctly.
First mistake, I cut & Pasted the ITV HD line, but did not add the transponder. This basically corrupt my config and wiped all channels from my box.
I also thought as the upload takes 20 mins, the download should also take the same amount of time, wrong it does work in 10 seconds.

So after reading several of the posts several times, (took a long time to sink in tonight!) anyway, I copied Disek's post and used the right click method. Very simple. Pushed my new config to the STB okay.
Channel 1 is now ITV HD, so looking good, but I have a ITV HD Logo and text "This service is currently Unavailable"
Does that simply mean I have ITV HD, but they are not transmitting at this point in time?

I've also noticed all the ITV 1 channels appear to work apart from ITV 1Meridian SE, which just happens to be my region. Firstly I get "The Channel is scrambled or not available" then I get "Reference 13 - This Channel / Broadcast is currently not sending" Any idea's on this?

I also cant get Fiver, and I get the following error; "The Channel is scrambled or not available" again any idea's?

developers

Reaction score
Website
www.development.plus.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cheshire.
Well done! it's really good when it's not just that message! Yes that's all as usual but you'll need to wait for a transmission to check sound is present too. Fiver is not yet on Freesat I think, you'd need a Sly card and cam for that at the moment.

I've read elsewhere that the itv regions are being shuffled around transponders satellite beam so check with lyngsat or these forums for updates

grendawkin

Reaction score
Following all the good advice in this thread I am now receiving ITV HD, but picture only - no sound.
Also there is a message permanently superimposed over the picture "Reference 13, This channel is not currently sending".
Would be very grateful for any advice, clearly I have made a mistake somewhere.

developers

Reaction score
Website
www.development.plus.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cheshire.
Tell us a bit more about your setup and work so far
Is it motorised?
Did you upload the channel list from here or edit the settings?
Did you copy and paste BBC HD?
Have you checked all the entries are in the right boxes?
You have obviously nearly got it cracked so let's see if we can find the fault!
Jem

grendawkin

Reaction score
developers said:
Tell us a bit more about your setup and work so far
Is it motorised?
Did you upload the channel list from here or edit the settings?
Did you copy and paste BBC HD?
Have you checked all the entries are in the right boxes?
You have obviously nearly got it cracked so let's see if we can find the fault!
Jem

Many thanks for the quick reply.
Not motorised, using the Sky Dish & LNB looped though the Humax
Yes, did copy & paste the BBC HD settings
I think the entries were in the correct boxes although this was a little confusing as the entry boxes had no labels so I could not be sure they were going to the right columns. Also when I typed in 3402, for example, it looked different in the column.

Hope this is all clear, thanks again for you help.

Gren