Join our Barclays Premier League Fantasy League 2008/2009!

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Following today's victories for Tottenham and Manchester City, Mucho Calor Huy have gone back into 1st and will hope make it two weeks at the top come Wednesday night. mhku will have do well in the remaining games, as he is fending off a chasing pack that goes as low as malcolm's Toontastic, 27pts behind as of tonight.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Really? Blimey!

I got up too late on Saturday to change my team.. I had planned to buy Kranjcar as Portsmouth play twice this week, plus I have a Wigan player who don't even play this week. And Rooney is injured? I'm dust...

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Well, I still got 7 players that will play this gameweek, so there is still hope to regain the top :)
It is really tight at the top - I just hope I stay in the top 5 at the end

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Transfer Deadline – Saturday 11:30am BST

Fantasy PL Homepage | Rules of the Game | Live TV

Gameweek 34 - 5 GWs to go!

Saturday (3:00pm unless stated):
Bolton v Aston Villa
Everton v Man City
Fulham v Stoke City
Hull City v Liverpool (Setanta Ireland)
West Brom v Sunderland
West Ham v Chelsea
Man Utd v Tottenham (5:30pm, Setanta Sports 1)
Sunday:
Arsenal v Middlesbrough (1:30pm, Sky Sports 1)
Blackburn v Wigan (4:00pm, Sky Sports 1)
Monday:
Newcastle v Portsmouth (8:00pm, Setanta Sports 1)

April Manager of the Month will be announced at the end of the week at the very latest.

SupaLiga Preview

69 and 75 points for Mucho Calor Huy and Satellites RED respectively means that they have opened up a lead on the rest, but they must repeat the feat if they are to make this a two-horse race going into May. The Huys are 11pts in front.

While the top 3 remain as they were - mhku and T_G followed by T_G junior - Norm's Donkeytown look like being the most likely candidate to join them, as they are now in 4th and with good form on their side. The fight for the final Champions League place is still red hot, with more than a hand-full of managers hoping to be able to find the right selections to get the points when it really matters.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
A terrific fightback by United against Spurs, ending in a 5-2 result, as well as an away win for Liverpool at Hull were two of the seven matches played today in the Premier League.

As a result of those games, Satellites RED are the new leaders, with T_G guiding his team to 63pts so far this weekend. Mucho Calor Huy fall to 2nd while RED United stay in 3rd.

The fight for the other two Champions League places continues, with tomthebomb1968 and rolfw currently occupying 4th and 5th with their teams, Badm******s and Satellite Screwballs. Badm******s have scored 74pts, and will be awarded more through substitutions, which means that Tom may yet be able to launch an 11th hour bid for the title! As it stands, Donkeytown have dropped out of the top 5, now sitting as they do in 6th.

Three games remain to be played this Gameweek, including Arsenal versus Middlesbrough.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
UniSat Champions League
Transfer Deadline – Tuesday 7:30pm BST

Fantasy UCL Home | Rules of the Game | Live TV

Free transfers this deadline - 6
Maximum players from a single club - 6

Semi Finals, 1st Leg
Tuesday:
Barcelona v Chelsea
Wednesday:
Man. United v Arsenal

For those not in this season's UniSat Champions League, remember - Top 5 this season in PL SupaLiga is your passport to UCL 2009/10!

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
attachment.php

(Weekly scores can be found in the attached full table)

Macheda, Ashavin and a little help from Howard Webb have given Manchester United the edge over Liverpool which, but for a disaster in the month of May, should see the Red Devils defend their Premier League crown.

Thankfully, the destination of the PL SupaLiga crown is by no means any more certain than it was at the start of April, but this month's manager of the month has put himself in the best position going into the final run-in.

Current leader T_G had an amazing month, scoring 263pts and incurring no transfer penalties in the process. Satellites RED hit the 70's in three of the four Gameweeks, achieving the top score of 75pts in GW33.

T_G led after the first weekend of the month, but it was mhku with his team, Mucho Calor Huy, who was at the top following the other two. Not completing the month in #1 will be a bitter pill to swallow for mhku, especially as he has yet to win a monthly award, but with a deficit to make up of just 3pts there is (almost) nothing to seperate him and T_G.

In 3rd are former leaders RED United. Their manager, T_G's younger son, will be hoping to recapture his form straight away if he is to be in the fight for the title on the last day.

Occupying 4th and 5th are Badm******s and Donkeytown. tomthebomb1968 hasn't been in the Champions League places since Christmas week, while current Champions League leader Norm will be hoping he can fight off a mean looking group of Champions League contenders. Chief amongst those are Toontastic and Screwballs, both having fallen out of the top 5 but still within touching distance.

And finally, if you're looking for a surprise package in May to gatecrash the top 5, look no further than pazinho. The Portugese appeared to be superglued in 13th, occupying that place for nearly 3 months, but a dramatic boost in form by Dragoes do Blackburn sees them into 9th and looking like the darkest of horses!

Manager of the Month Awards so far...
August - kreacher, Creatures
September - tanman, Scumdee
October - malcolm, Toontastic
November - tomthebomb1968, Badm******s
December - Tom34, Rainbow Warriors
January - T_G the Younger, RED United
February - stuzeeuk, Paraletic Athletic
March - rolfw, Satellite Screwballs
April - T_G, Satellites RED
May - ???

Attachments

• PLSL April Short Table.png
    PLSL April Short Table.png
    50.3 KB · Views: 89
  • PLSL April Full Table.png
    PLSL April Full Table.png
    62.3 KB · Views: 11
  • PLSL April Graph.png
    PLSL April Graph.png
    29.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Den League April Table.png
    Den League April Table.png
    25 KB · Views: 20

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex

Gameweek 35 - 4 GWs to go!
Middlesbrough v Man Utd (12:45pm, Sky Sports 1)
Chelsea v Fulham (Setanta Ireland)
Man City v Blackburn
Portsmouth v Arsenal
Stoke City v West Ham
Tottenham v West Brom
Wigan v Bolton
Sunday:
Liverpool v Newcastle (1:30pm, Setanta Sports 1)
Sunderland v Everton (4:00pm, Sky Sports 1)
Monday:
Aston Villa v Hull City (8:00pm, Sky Sports 1)

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
attachment.php

The semis ended delicately posed, with a goalless draw between Barca and Chelsea, and only a John O'Shea goal seperated United and Arsenal. The drama continues with the 2nd legs next week.

Despite just the single goal from two games, Norm was still able to clock in a score of 54 points and extend Donkeytown's lead. Current PL SupaLiga leaders Satellites RED secured 41pts and stay in 2nd, but manager T_G will have to score big next week if he is to close the gap ahead of the final in Rome. The deficit stands at 36pts.

Dynamo Sol hold on to 3rd place, but AFPL champions Rasta Boys fought back this week and now sit in 4th and only 2 points behind my team.

PS. Apologies for the inaccuracies in the quarter-finals 2nd leg update, I do double-check everything before I go 'to print', but errors are inevitable :)

Attachments

• UCL SF1st Table.png
    UCL SF1st Table.png
    73.4 KB · Views: 83

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
UniSat Champions League
Transfer Deadline – Tuesday 7:30pm BST

Fantasy UCL Home | Rules of the Game | Live TV

Free transfers this deadline - 1
Maximum players from a single club - 6

Semi Finals, 2nd Leg
Tuesday:
Arsenal (0) v Man. United (1)
Wednesday:
Chelsea (0) v Barcelona (0)

For those not in this season's UniSat Champions League, remember - Top 5 this season in PL SupaLiga is your passport to UCL 2009/10!

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex

Gameweek 36 - 3 GWs to go!
Teams playing TWICE - Man Utd, Wigan
Blackburn v Portsmouth
Bolton v Sunderland (Setanta Ireland)
Everton v Tottenham
Fulham v Aston Villa
Hull City v Stoke City
West Brom v Wigan
West Ham v Liverpool (5:30pm, Setanta Sports 1)
Sunday:
Man Utd v Man City (1:30pm, Sky Sports 1)
Arsenal v Chelsea (4:00pm, Sky Sports 1)
Monday:
Newcastle v Middlesbrough (8:00pm, Setanta Sports 1)
Wednesday:
Wigan v Man Utd (8:00pm, Sky Sports 1)

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
attachment.php

United brushed Arsenal aside to reach the final in Rome and perhaps become the first champions to defend the European Cup in the UEFA Champions League era. They will face Barcelona in the Italian capital after the Catalans overcame Chelsea in a game that is best described in three words: Tom Henning Øvrebø.

Meanwhile, it looks as though it is all for Norm to lose now as Donkeytown have a commanding 26pt lead with only the final to go. T_G's Satellites RED, despite scoring 53pt in midweek, will have to pull a fair few rabbits out of the hat to steal the Champions League crown from the Scots.

Top scorer this round was Toontastic, who go into 5th. If malcolm can make the 15pt gap between him and AFPL champion bmarley and his Rasta Boys team, SupaLiga will end the competition occupying the top 4 places.

Attachments

• UCL SF2leg Table.png
    UCL SF2leg Table.png
    73.4 KB · Views: 64

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex

Look >>> Europe/Relegation Scenarios

Gameweek 37 - 2 GWs to go!
Man Utd v Arsenal (12:45pm, Sky Sports 1)
Bolton v Hull City
Everton v West Ham
Middlesbrough v Aston Villa
Newcastle v Fulham (Setanta Ireland)
Stoke City v Wigan
Tottenham v Man City
Sunday:
West Brom v Liverpool (1:30pm, Sky Sports 1)
Chelsea v Blackburn (4:00pm, Sky Sports 1)
Monday:
Portsmouth v Sunderland (8:00pm, Setanta Sports 1)

SupaLiga Preview

attachment.php

With the penultimate weekend approaching, the battlelines are clear now:

1. The Two Horse Race (and the Pony!) - mhku (Mucho Calor Huy) takes a 17pts advantage into GW37 but, as he knows all too well, it will only take a great weekend for T_G and his Satellites RED team to narrow the gap and make the final day an incredible 'every point matters' fight to the final whistle.

RED United is, but for an unbelievable week, out of the title race but more or less safe for the UniSat Champions League spot.

2. The Musical Chairs of 4th and 5th - Since February, there have been eight different occupants of 4th and 5th, but the possible candidates are dwindling.

Currently, malcolm (Toontastic) and Norm (Donkeytown) are sitting in those all-important Champions League places, but just 49pts seperate the Toon from 10th place B.P. Scolari, managed by john_graydon.

On current form, Toontastic and Creatures look like they could be the ones, but for now we can only guess - the stars of the Premier League, and the skill of the SupaLiga managers, will determine who finishes where...

Attachments

• PLSL Top 10 May14th.png
    PLSL Top 10 May14th.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 56

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Transfer Deadline – Sunday 11:30am BST

Look >>> Europe/Relegation Scenarios

Gameweek 38 - THE FINAL DAY!
Sunday (all 4:00pm):
Arsenal v Stoke City
Aston Villa v Newcastle (Sky Sports 1)
Blackburn v West Brom
Fulham v Everton
Hull City v Man Utd (Sky Sports 3)
Liverpool v Tottenham (Setanta Ireland)
Man City v Bolton
Sunderland v Chelsea (Sky Sports Interactive)
West Ham v Middlesbrough (Setanta Sports 1)
Wigan v Portsmouth

SupaLiga Preview coming Saturday night...

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
attachment.php

... for the title

attachment.php

Despite the drama of the early months of this calendar year, mhku has guided Mucho Calor Huy to the brink of championship, and only a disaster on the final day will deny him the glory. Satellites RED and their manager T_G, should that catastrophe occur, lie in wait to steal the title.

... for UniSat Champions League qualification

attachment.php

While qualification should be a formality for RED United, the fight is well and truly on for the two remaining spots in next season's competition.

The current occupants are malcolm's Toontastic and Norm's Donkeytown, both of whom are competiting in this season's UCL. Indeed, Donkeytown are the Champions League leaders and odds-on favourites going into Wednesday's final, but they would not be able to defend that title should tomorrow not go according to plan.

Creatures, Badm******s and Satellites Screwballs are all threatening to strike at the 11th hour, and with just 34pts seperating 4th from 8th, the time is now for a Super Sunday and avoid termination.

Attachments

• PLSL - 2008-2009 - final day advert mini.jpg
    PLSL - 2008-2009 - final day advert mini.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 41
  • PLSL Top 2 Pre-Final Day.png
    PLSL Top 2 Pre-Final Day.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 42
  • PLSL 3 to 8 Pre-Final Day.png
    PLSL 3 to 8 Pre-Final Day.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 46

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Click on the attachment to download this special poster!

Attachments

• Last Day 3rd-8th line-ups.jpg
    Last Day 3rd-8th line-ups.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 27

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Well done Mark H and his Mucho Calor Hoy team! If only Ronaldo and Rooney had a better start to the season, and not so many 1:0 by the red devils I believe I would have taken first :)

Nevertheless, the best team won! Still happy with 2cd, and junior got the third spot so the family honour has somewhat been retained (we will not speak about another family member who almost got relegated (by a single point!!)

Special thanks to our funky chicken who organised the league - sterling job Salty!!!!

p:s where are the badges?

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Thanks T_G :D

The final standings will be confirmed 24 hours after* the games, so that is when I shall post the report and be handing out the badges! I think it is safe, however, to say that mhku is the champion.

* Here is why it's 24 hours after the games - http://fantasy.premierleague.com/M/help.mc?category=assists

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Tell you one thing which needs changing in this league, it needs to have a deputy captain choice, as I've been knackered on several occasions by my captain not playing.

Nonetheless, great job of organisation Salty.:)

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
I think this is the first thing I can remember winning (if I do), I'm so glad I went for a beer last weekend with a Man U fan who said they'd play a 2nd team today.

Today I had no captain and 10 players. Really expected to be lower down.

Top job Salty!!