Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Salty25 said:
Amazing really, these guys are trusted with multi-million budgets!

Doesn't say a lot for the wives either if you think about it :cool::cool:

mine would not have done it OMDB she would have said

Oh you have not a SWMBO so I will translate Over My Dead Body

What were they thinking of Humping:toke:;)

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Topper said:
Doesn't say a lot for the wives either if you think about it :cool::cool:

mine would not have done it OMDB she would have said

Oh you have not a SWMBO so I will translate Over My Dead Body

What were they thinking of Humping:toke:;)

Haha, does make you wonder exactly why they needed to photocopy it and how the conversation between the Coughlan's led to her bringing it to the shop?!

I'm confident of getting in the top 4, but I somehow doubt I'll be able to make up 99 pts, but damn it I'll try my best :)

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Salty25 said:
I'm confident of getting in the top 4, but I somehow doubt I'll be able to make up 99 pts, but damn it I'll try my best :)

Well do-able over 4 races I would have said, a top six finish makes me happy being a rookie.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Official Qualifying Result

The F1 circus moved from the courtroom to the track, and Ferrari take the advantage into the race, locking out the front row for only the second time this season.

Kimi Raikkonen set the fastest time in Q3, just ahead of Felipe Massa and nearly a second quicker the 3rd place Fernando Alonso. Lewis Hamilton is 4th on the grid, and tomorrow should be interesting to see how much extra fuel McLaren are carrying, and just how much faster the Ferraris are in Spa.

As we've come to expect, a BMW is 5th, Kubica's to be precise, but team mate Heidfeld was only able to take 7th on the grid, with Williams pilot Rosberg in the BMW-Sauber sandwich.

Mark Webber will be 8th on the grid, but the Aussie should feel lucky to be - Red Bull send him out too late to in the 2nd session, and was lucky not to be knocked at that point. Trulli and Kovailanen are 9th and 10th respectively.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Official Race Result | Full Story

Ferrari delivered a comprehensive performance today, with race winner Kimi Raikkonen over 14 seconds ahead of 3rd place Fernando Alonso at the end.

The McLaren pair settled their battle early, Fernando Alonso guarding 3rd place, forcing Hamilton into the run-off area as the Brit attempted to challenge after a better launch off the grid.

That would be the only business of note from the top 4, with the Ferrari having far superior pace and Hamilton having an off-day by all accounts. Massa was 2nd, Hamilton 4th.

The battle for points lower down was far move exciting, though. Heikki Kovalainen, on a one-stop strategy, took the bull by the horns at the start, moving from a grid slot of 9th to 6th. However, Kova’s dream start was cut very short in the very next lap when Mark Webber overtook him, as did Nick Heidfeld on lap 5.

Kovalainen would eventually finish 8th, while Heidfeld’s short final stint strategy and faster pace paid off, going out in front of Rosberg and Webber after the first round of stops and finishing 5th after gaining time following Rosberg and Webber’s earlier stops. Rosberg came in 6th, Webber 7th.

Drivers’ Championship

Alonso chipped a further point off Hamilton’s lead, and Raikkonen could yet mount a late challenge, now 13pts off the pace.

Constructors’ Championship

With McLaren banned,
Ferrari were able to secure the team title for the first time in 3 years today.

SupaLiga 2007

UPDATED SHORT TABLE
(Full table available in attachment)

Having now secured the European Cup, Norm will be supremely confident of winning the Asia & Americas Cup and, of course, SupaLiga itself. F1 Aberdeen’s score of 137pts in Belgium has raises Norm up to 4th overall in Pure Fantasy F1 – he could yet be world champion! Presently, he is 17pts off 1st place Alex Elder and team Gollum.

Reigning champion Speedy Devils move up 1 to 10th, dropping TSU out the top 10 for the first time this season. Patience and ScotBordersF1, and the Delights and Slowhand Racing also swap places.

Copa SupaLiga 2007, Quarter Finals, 2nd Leg

Burnin’ Rubber 104-79 Team Oily – Burnin’ Rubber win 211-194 on aggregate
Super 25 104-102 Toppers Tossers – Super 25 win 237-215 agg.
F1 Aberdeen 137-93 HondaWilliams – F1 Aberdeen win 271-200 agg.
Speedy Devils 87-59 ScotBordersF1 – Speedy Devils win 173-155 agg.

Speedy Devils overturned a first leg deficit to come through, whilst my own Super 25 knocked out Toppers Tossers to advance.

Semi Final Draw

F1 Aberdeen vs. Burnin’ Rubber
Super 25 vs. Speedy Devils

NEXT RACE > JAPANESE GRAND PRIX @ FUJI SPEEDWAY > SEPTEMBER 30

Attachments

• F1SL Post-Bel Full Table.jpg
    F1SL Post-Bel Full Table.jpg
    422.3 KB · Views: 16
  • f1slpostbeltableic4.png
    f1slpostbeltableic4.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 13

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
DEADLINE - SATURDAY 03.00 GMT (3am) / 04.00 CET

Please make changes to your team lineup for the Fuji Television Japanese Grand Prix.

To make changes, including qualifying position which must be submitted prior to every race, access the league homepage.

F1 SupaLiga webpage | Pure Fantasy F1 Full Rules | Rules on Points Scoring
Rules on Team Selection | List of TV Broadcasters
(All PFF1 pages are also visible in German)

Japanese Grand Prix timetable:
Friday Practice 1 - 02.00-03.30 GMT / 03.00-04.30 CET / 10.00-11.30 Fuji
Friday Practice 2 - 06.00-07.30 GMT / 07.00-08.30 CET / 14.00-15.30 Fuji
Saturday Practice - 03.00-04.00 GMT / 04.00-5.00 CET / 11.00-12.00 Fuji
Saturday Qualifying - 06.00 GMT / 07.00 CET / 14.00 Fuji
Sunday Race - 05.30 GMT / 06.30 CET / 13.30 Fuji

Other News

Why go Dutch when you can go Indian?, Alonso holds the key... or at least all the seats, 2008, rejigged

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Official Qualifying Result

Mount Fuji, in all its grandiose magnificence, was the setting for today's qualifying which looks to have set up a thrilling race tomorrow.

Lewis Hamilton, outspoken earlier in the week about team mate Fernando's Alonso standing within the McLaren team, was superior in all three sessions and sits in pole ahead of his Spanish colleague.

Row two is occupied exclusively by Ferrari, with Raikkonen heading Massa.

The remainder of the top 10 is a rather mixed bag, with the ever consistent Nick Heidfeld in 5th, sitting just ahead of compatriot Nico Rosberg. Jenson Button dusted off his tired Honda to put in an impressive performance, the Brit is 7th on the grid - Barrichello, by contrast, didn't even manage to get through the first session, Rubens qualifying 17th.

Mark Webber shares row 4 with Button, and behind him is the fast learning Sebastian Vettel who done exceedingly well to outpace Robert Kubica in the final session.

Renault pair Fisichella and Kovalainen need to improve in the race, 11th and 12th respectively, whilst Ralf Schumacher came a cropper in Q1. Having already set a time quick enough to qualify for Q2, the Toyota pilot locked his brakes and went straight into the back of Yamamoto.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex

Epic.

That is the only word that can in any way describe the 2007 Japanese Grand Prix, rain-soaked and dripping wet with incident.

With heavy rain and mist falling on the Mount Fuji circuit, the race began behind the safety car, and it looked for a time that the race would be abandoned.

Ferrari suffered most, with Felipe Massa pitting in lap 2, followed a lap later by Raikkonen for full wets – Ferrari’s gamble on conditions proved ludicrously optimistic at that early stage… but the red arrows would return later.

Lap 20 saw the first lap of actual racing, with the safety car finally in, Lewis Hamilton was leading the race. In the following laps, Wurz momentarily knocked Massa off the track, Mark Webber vomited in his helmet, Button lost his front wing, just about everyone nipped into the pits to fill up their tanks until the end, and Sebastian Vettel led the race!

McLaren team tactics failed Fernando Alonso, the Spaniard came out from his stop behind the chasing pack whilst Hamilton reappeared ahead of it. To lap 34, and Alonso was overtaken by Heidfeld for 7th, but more dramatically Hamilton was bumped into a spin by BMW’s Robert Kubica.

The McLarens continued to lose places in the following lap, and it seemed that the big two teams would fail to get on the podium at all!

But the big moment was yet to come – Fernando Alonso crashed out spectacularly on lap 41! Spinning and rebounding off the wall at turn 5, and champion was out.

And shortly after, tragedy would befall Sebastian Vettel. For a time both leading the race, Vettel went into the back of sister Red Bull organisation pilot Mark Webber, both retiring from the Fuji race. Some time later Vettel was seen crying in the Toro Rosso garage, struck with guilt for the incident – but this fine young German will have far brighter days, no doubt.

Following the shakedown from the Alonso incident, the return of the safety car, and more refuelling, Hamilton was again in the lead. Heikki Kovalainen was now 2nd, and amazingly Felipe Massa was 3rd having survived where others had fallen.

Raikkonen made a pass for 4th over David Coulthard, but the surprises kept coming when Massa made a shock visit to the pits – the Brazilian didn’t, in fact, have the fuel to make it to the end and came out to the track in 7th.

Hamilton pulled away from the rest and won the race, whilst Kovalainen held off an aggressive Raikkonen for 2nd. And if only to prove he would not be beaten, Felipe Massa took 6th place in the final lap following a wheel-to-wheel, corner-for-corner tussle with Robert Kubica.

Drivers’ Championship

With Raikkonen unable to take victory in Japan, and Alonso destroying his machine, Hamilton really has it all to lose now with just two GP’s to go.

Constructors’ Championship

Ferrari are champions!

SupaLiga 2007

UPDATED SHORT TABLE

(Full table available in attachment)

Kreacher was big in Japan, scoring a personal best of 140pts, but he makes little imprint on Norm’s mammoth lead.

The big headline in SupaLiga today was the dismal performance of the Stunts, who picked up just 69pts, and drop out of the top 5 for the first time. As a result, Linhas BMW return to the top 5, and my own Super 25 are up to an all-time high of 4th.

TSU also fall two places, Patience and ScotBordersF1 moving the other way, and chris and john_graydon swap places for the third race in succession.

Copa SupaLiga 2007, Semi Finals, 1st Leg

Burnin’ Rubber 105-127 F1 Aberdeen
Speedy Devils 97-115 Super 25

NEXT RACE > CHINESE GRAND PRIX @ SHANGHAI INTERNATIONAL CIRCUIT > OCTOBER 7

Attachments

• F1SL Post-Japan Full Table.jpg
    F1SL Post-Japan Full Table.jpg
    455.6 KB · Views: 12
  • f1slpostjapanshorttablehv4.png
    f1slpostjapanshorttablehv4.png
    23.4 KB · Views: 18

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Salty25 said:

Epic.

That is the only word that can in any way describe the 2007 Japanese Grand Prix, rain-soaked and dripping wet with incident.

With heavy rain and mist falling on the Mount Fuji circuit, the race began behind the safety car, and it looked for a time that the race would be abandoned.

Ferrari suffered most, with Felipe Massa pitting in lap 2, followed a lap later by Raikkonen for full wets – Ferrari’s gamble on conditions proved ludicrously optimistic at that early stage… but the red arrows would return later.

Ferrari gamble?? All teams were ordered to start on full wets by Charlie Whiting (race director) and Ferrari chose to ignore that order. They should have been black flagged and disqualified for a major safety violation

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I'm afraid I keep forgetting to predict the qualifying positions, think I've only done it once, does this lose a lot of points?

Oily

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite=Motorized Triax 88cm&a DM800HD with 500gb hd.Vu+ Duo
My Location
Radcliffe
Analoguesat said:
Ferrari gamble?? All teams were ordered to start on full wets by Charlie Whiting (race director) and Ferrari chose to ignore that order. They should have been black flagged and disqualified for a major safety violation

Exactly.The other teams should have put in an official complaint )(-red

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
rolfw said:
I'm afraid I keep forgetting to predict the qualifying positions, think I've only done it once, does this lose a lot of points?

You simply miss the chance of guessing correctly, and every time you guess correctly you get a bonus 5 points. Unless you're really spot on, I doubt it makes much of a difference, but I will try to work out how much difference it has made over the season when I get time when the season has finished :).

Analoguesat said:

The official story is that Ferrari didn't get the communication in time, and so weren't aware of it - http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2007/10/6908.html

I agree though, Ferrari have a nack of being conveniently misinformed.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
DEADLINE - SATURDAY 04.00 GMT (4am) / 05.00 CET

Please make changes to your team lineup for the Sinopec Chinese Grand Prix.

To make changes, including qualifying position which must be submitted prior to every race, access the league homepage.

F1 SupaLiga webpage | Pure Fantasy F1 Full Rules | Rules on Points Scoring
Rules on Team Selection | List of TV Broadcasters
(All PFF1 pages are also visible in German)

Chinese Grand Prix timetable:
Friday Practice 1 - 03.00-04.30 GMT / 04.00-05.30 CET / 10.00-11.30 Shanghai
Friday Practice 2 - 07.00-08.30 GMT / 08.00-09.30 CET / 14.00-15.30 Sha
Saturday Practice - 04.00-05.00 GMT / 05.00-06.00 CET / 11.00-12.00 Sha
Saturday Qualifying - 07.00 GMT / 08.00 CET / 14.00 Sha
Sunday Race - 07.00 GMT / 08.00 CET / 14.30 Sha

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders

Oily

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite=Motorized Triax 88cm&a DM800HD with 500gb hd.Vu+ Duo
My Location
Radcliffe
Even the commentators knew to start on full wets :confused

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Analoguesat said:
Hans up everyone who think Ferrari are a bunch of cheating tossers :D
:-ohcrap:-df Just Hans nobody else:rolleyes::-wow
Of course that was an intentional pun AS as we all know about such security devices now.

Yes they must think the general public are stupid, well I suppose they are, the ones that pay to go to watch synchronised lapping and orchestrated pit stops and simulated power losses, at least Hamilton has brought back proper racing Fingers up to team orders that's my boy Humping he may be a :-newb but he's one hell of a talent

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Mark Webber's Red Bull and Sebastian Vettel's Toro Rosso collision.

Not sure what to make of this, don't know enough abut the rules.:)

Can't see why Hamilton going wide should cause Vettel to brake so dramatically.

[TUBE]y3fjf35DJzE[/TUBE]

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
agreed...

on the normal road, that would be 3 points on his license for driving without due care and attention!! as is the norm now for rear end smashes...

a quote to bare in mind is this though (taken from BBC Sport webby)
German driver Vettel echoed Webber's comments in criticising Hamilton.

"It was my fault, but it is clear the rhythm was not there," he said. "We are all sitting in the same boat. At the point [of the crash) I was distracted, looking to the right.

"I was sure Hamilton was retiring, he seemed to have no power any longer, but by the time I looked back, I was already in Mark's rear end."

Sounds like hes admitting to being a dozy sod to me :D

with conditions as they were, you think he would have his eyes firmly on the road ahead.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Well I am glad to say sense has prevailed and there is no penalty for Hamilton having to avoid the pace car which could not go round a corner. If they had taken action most people would have had a go at Charlie Whiting as the conditions at that point were too dangerous to allow the race to continue. I am disappointed that Vettel was so slow to react as I was on for a 123 finish.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Well he's answered with his driving pole position again. :)