Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
BREAKING NEWS

More controversy:

According to that final standings graphic I have been robbed of my rightful 11th place in the final table !

Sod arguments about dodgy fuel - I demand a stewards inquiry into this blatant technical infringement :-rofl2 :-lmao

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Analoguesat said:
BREAKING NEWS

More controversy:

According to that final standings graphic I have been robbed of my rightful 11th place in the final table !

Sod arguments about dodgy fuel - I demand a stewards inquiry into this blatant technical infringement :-rofl2 :-lmao

FIXED RIGHT NOW :p Sorry about that, I don't understand the tiebreaking rules, will have to ask Maverick when I next email him! By the way, well done for coming 11th, it's your highest position all season, and the perfect time to do it!

Update - I found the rules on tiebreaking (http://www.purefantasyf1.net/FantasyF1/FF1_RegelnEn.asp#Reihung), here's the important bit:

Total score (Total and leagues except race series):

The teams will be ordered according to their total score. If teams have an equal score, the team with the lower race position index will be in front. The race position index is the average of all race positions in a season. If two teams have an equal total score and an equal race position index, the team with the lower team index will be ranked higher.

Not a f***ing clue how they manage to work that out!

wolfav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
two sky+amstrad boxes
technomate5500ci+ with 80cm motarised dish irderto cam mr mrev +dragoncam blue tit numerous fun cards infinity pheonix compaq and dell on wirelessrouter
My Location
no mans land
last but not least next year i am going to employ a technical adviser !dont i get a wooden spoon for this amazing feat :-rofl2
:-doh2all my drivers are still :toke:
Keep up the good leagues salty its all a bit of fun and dont forget to pm me if you sort it next year

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
rolfw said:
I'm afraid I keep forgetting to predict the qualifying positions, think I've only done it once, does this lose a lot of points?

Salty25 said:
You simply miss the chance of guessing correctly, and every time you guess correctly you get a bonus 5 points. Unless you're really spot on, I doubt it makes much of a difference, but I will try to work out how much difference it has made over the season when I get time when the season has finished :).

Well, I've spent an hour doing a table (attached), and I've come to the conclusion that:

a) It does make a difference, but only if you're actually any good at it.

:cool: Using your team budget more effectively is far far far far.......... more important :D

Attachments

• F1SL Quali Net.zip
    30 KB · Views: 22

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Hello again, the voting closed officially at 11am today, and the results have been counted and verified (by myself!):

Vote: Do you support the motion to split the league into two divisions in the 2008 season?

14 members voted from the total of 19 (74% turnout)

a) Yes - 7 (50%)
:cool: No - 4 (29%)
c) Abstain - 3 (21%)

Therefore, Formula 1 SupaLiga will be split into two divisions in 2008, if the requirements of the motion are meet (at least 20 teams, agreements with Maverick etc).

I shall keep members up to date with the agreements situation with Maverick.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
I've spoken with Maverick, the guy who runs Pure Fantasy F1, and unfortunately he couldn't give the proposed higher division the Champions League and Cup places that were promised. He has to be fair to every league, and the minimum of 22 teams can not be negotiated as a result.

Therefore, there will now not be a split :(

Do not fret though, F1 SupaLiga will return as a single league next season as always, and I will try my upmost to get the 22 teams we need to get that Champions League place!!!

Thanks again :)