Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Come on folks - we only have 12 entries so far - the season starts next week.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Oooh - I LIKE the honda - thats different!

The renault is a just a mess - wtf are those things with ELF printed on them - are they the wing mirrors?

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Analoguesat said:
Oooh - I LIKE the honda - thats different!

The renault is a just a mess - wtf are those things with ELF printed on them - are they the wing mirrors?

The honda really has divided opinion, a bit like Marmite on wheels! I've sent out PM's again, and I'm sure I'll send out more before Saturday comes :D

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Ive tagged a poll onto the thread - do you like the Honda Earth colourscheme?

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
You can find a comprehensive list of Formula One broadcasters here at Wikipedia.

--------------------------------------

Analoguesat said:
Ive tagged a poll onto the thread - do you like the Honda Earth colourscheme?

Hopefully that won't be the only big talking point this season :p. Nice to see Lancelot has joined up with his Smegs (TSU - The Smeg Ups), not up to 13 members. C'mon people, let's get 20+ members!

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Enrolled again. team name Johnnys Delights

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
DEADLINE - SATURDAY 12.00 GMT (Midnight)/ 01.00 CET

Please make changes to your team lineup by Saturday midnight for the ING Australian Grand Prix.

ANYONE ELSE WHO WOULD LIKE TO JOIN, AND WE WOULD LOVE TO WELCOME YOU, NEEDS TO JOIN BY THAT TIME.

Australian Grand Prix timetable:
Friday Practice 1 - Thursday 23.00-00.30 GMT / 00.00-01.30 CET / 10.00-11.30 Melbourne
Friday Practice 2 - 03.00-04.30 GMT / 04.00-05.30 CET / 14.00-15.30 Mel
Saturday Practice - 00.00-01.00 GMT / 01.00-02.00 CET / 11.00-12.00 Mel
Saturday Qualifying - 03.00 GMT / 04.00 CET / 14.00 Mel
Sunday Race - 03.00 GMT / 04.00 CET / 14.00 Mel

Notices
I have a feeling 'Emerson Fitipaldi' :-rofl2 is mhku, but could you just confirm that for me?! On a more serious note, could whoever 'pitbull' is please confirm their identity before Friday night otherwise I might have to suspend you from the league, which I don't want to do.

Other News

BBC Sport Form guide, Raikkonen: I have a team mate?, Hamilton: I hope I am fast enough, Alonso: Bring it on bitches, Sky Sports Australian (& Season) Preview, ...and finally to cut the crap, nobody thinks anyone has a tyre advantage, which most probably means someone does!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
john_graydon said:
Johnnys Delights

Does he? how often? shouldn't be allowed!!:-rofl2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
P4 laptop
P4 desktop
Panasonic Sky IRD
My Location
Yate
enrolled as the cunning stunts

tough to build even a vaguely decent team with an £80m budget

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Ferrari say the same thing all the time :-rofl2

L.:D

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Official Qualifying Results

New season, new driver line-ups, but Ferrari red still leads the pack in qualifying, as Kimi Raikkonen took pole in an entertaining opening. Its been clear throughout the winter that Ferrari have the edge, and it showed with Kimi taking top spot, and he may well have been joined by team mate Felipe Massa, but the Brazilian suffered a gearbox problems failure and is 16th on the grid.

The most engaging duel was that between the McLaren pair, world champion Fernando Alonso and new boy on the block Lewis Hamilton. Hamilton took Q1, two hundredths of second faster, but Alonso would not accept the same outcome in Q2, beating the young Englishmen by the same margin, and in the top 10 shootout both fought it out, Hamilton setting the target in the final minute, but the Spaniard beat him for 2nd.

Unfortunately, and perhaps rather cruelly for Hamilton, the BMW Saubers looked quick and proved their early season hype with Heidfeld taking 3rd. Kubica was 5th, whilst Renault looked out of sorts, with Giancarlo Fisichella in 6th and Kovalainen still finding his feet, his 13th on the grid.

The biggest surprise was the stunning performance of the Super Aguri’s, using Honda 2006 engines, were able not only able to out-qualify the factory Honda’s of Button (14th) and Barrichello (17th), but Sato got into the final session, although any further progress was halted there – the Jap is 10th in the grid, Briton Davidson is 11th. Also stark was the difference between the Red Bulls, with Coulthard (17th) knocked out in Q1, but Webber is in the upper echelons at 7th.

A minor curiosity to note is that the Brits qualified in opposite order of their respective experience – youth wins on this occasion it seems.

SupaLiga 2007 Entry List

F1 Aberdeen (last season - 5th) - Norm
Tom34 (ls – 6th) – Tom34
HondaWilliams (ls – 7th) – kleefarr
Super 25 (ls – 9th) – Salty25
Burnin’ Rubber (ls – 10th) – rolfw
Johnnys Delights (ls – 11th as ‘Jose`s Marinos’) – john_graydon
ScotBordersF1 (ls – 12th as ‘Team Carros’) – AnalougeSat
wolfs bangers (ls – 14th) – wolfav
TSU ‘The Smeg Ups’ (ls- 15th) – Lancelot
Toppers Tossers (NEW) – Topper
Slowhand Racing (NEW) – chris
Linhas BMW (NEW) – linhas
Kreacher-Creatures (NEW) – kreacher
Patience my arse (NEW) – mhku
Spanish Armada (NEW) – AlexBellisBrown
The Cunning Stunts (NEW) – dangermouse1977

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Oh good - Im continuing my stellar performance regime from last season :D

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Official Race Result | Full Story

Dominant from the start, Kimi Raikkonen has set a marker for the others to follow by taking victory in Melbourne. Not once was the Finn even threatened, his mastery in the race evidenced by recording the fastest lap.

However, the man of the day is Lewis Hamilton, the first British debutant to achieve a podium finish on his debut since the 60’s. Starting 4th, he was able to overtake a distracted Alonso on the first corner, and lead the world champion for much of the race, and at one point led the race when Raikkonen pitted. However, the differing strategies of the McLaren’s favoured Alonso, and the Spaniard went to take 2nd, Hamilton 11 seconds behind. This particular duel is sure to entertain all season it seems.

Heidfeld ended in an impressive 4th in his BMW, and team mate Kubica could well have enjoyed similar success but for a gearbox fault. Fisichella brought his Renault home in 5th, fighting off the chasing Massa (6th) towards the end. Nico Rosberg (7th) and Ralf Schumacher (8th) took the other points paying postitions.

On Brit watch, Button (15th) had in his own words a ‘rubbish’ race, Davidson was unable to recover from a poor start and finished 16th, while David Coulthard’s endeavour in attempting to overtake Alexander Wurz into turn 3 saw him fly over the Austrian’s car, missing Wurz’s by inches!

Drivers’ Championship

Raikkonen takes the early lead, but this is just the beginning of a whole new post-Schumi era.

Constructers’ Championship

A 2-3 by Alonso and Hamilton sees McLaren (14pts) lead the pack, with Ferrari a point behind.

SupaLiga 2007

UPDATED TABLE

Norm and his F1 Aberdeen team, the highest placed 2006 entrant in SupaLiga 2007, heads the league after round 1 with 101, but Linhas BMW are only 1 point behind.

Other 2006 entrants had differing fortunes, with Super 25 (12th – 61pts), Tom34 (13th – 55pts) and ScotBordersF1 (16th – 30pts) struggling, but Burnin’ Rubber (3rd – 91pts), wolfs bangers (5th – 82pts) and HondaWilliams (6th – 80pts) got off to good starts.

For the statisticians amongst us, there’s a prefect 50/50 split between 2006 and new entrants in both halves of the table.

NEXT RACE > MALAYSIAN GRAND PRIX @ SEPANG INTERNATIONAL CIRCUIT > APRIL 8

Attachments

• austableje9.png
    austableje9.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 21

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
DEADLINE - SATURDAY 04.00 GMT (4am)/ 05.00 CET

Please make changes to your team lineup for the Petronas Malaysian Grand Prix.

To make changes, including qualifying position which must be submitted prior to every race, can be made at the league homepage. Team budget is now 82 mil.

Australian Grand Prix timetable:
Friday Practice 1 - Thursday 03.00-04.30 GMT / 04.00-05.30 CET / 10.00-11.30 Kuala Lumpur
Friday Practice 2 - 07.00-08.30 GMT / 08.00-09.30 CET / 14.00-15.30 KL
Saturday Practice - 04.00-05.00 GMT / 05.00-06.00 CET / 11.00-12.00 KL
Saturday Qualifying (live on ITV3 in the UK) - 07.00 GMT / 08.00 CET / 14.00 Mel
Sunday Race - 08.00 GMT / 09.00 CET / 15.00 Mel

Update Entry List

Speedy Devils (last season - CHAMPIONS) - RedDevil_UK
Draconigen (ls - 13th) - MattJ

Malaysia Qualifying Report

Unfortunately, I'm off to Calais tomorrow with the old man, so I won't be here to do it, but if someone else would like to volunteer that would be great (send me a PM just to let me know), otherwise we'll just skip it to the race.

Other News

Go-faster strips in Malaysia, Traction out from 08, Ferrari shaken all about with engine worries, Hamilton grounded, and F1 enters the twilight zone.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Salty25 said:
Malaysia Qualifying Report
Unfortunately, I'm off to Calais tomorrow with the old man, so I won't be here to do it, but if someone else would like to volunteer that would be great (send me a PM just to let me know), otherwise we'll just skip it to the race.

Correction - Saturday, obviously! I can't imagine anyone could entertain themselves for three days in Calais, nice as it is :-rofl2

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Official Race Result | Full Story | In Vision (All in Spanish, Telecinco)Race Start/Hamilton vs Ferrari/Last Lap/Podium

McLaren struck back today, as Alonso took the top step on the podium in Sepang on a day where, yet again, Lewis Hamilton surprised all.

The race, the hottest climatically on the F1 calendar, set off to a buzzing start as Alonso overtook pole sitter Massa on the first corner. Hamilton, starting in 4th, saw the advantage before him presented by a distracted Raikkonen and Massa, and passed both on the Ferraris going into turn 2.

From there, Alonso was able to shoot off into the distance as Hamilton served his team duties by holding up the Ferrari pair, and eventually forcing Massa to make several mistakes, the last of which would cost him 2nd place and any chance of a podium finish.

The Brazilian would finish 5th behind a workmanlike Heidfeld, who capped another great weekend for BMW with 4th.

Back to the top of the action, Hamilton briefly led the race during the first set of pit stops, but Alonso never looked under serious threat, and won with more than a 17 second lead.

The finish for Hamilton was not so comfortable, as he struggled in the closing 10 laps, and by the last Raikkonen was right behind him, but the Finn had left it too late. Hamilton took 2nd in only his 2nd race, whilst a clearly disconsolate Raikkonen made do with 3rd.

Fisichella, Trulli, and Kovalainen were 6th, 7th, and 8th respectively, though one feels for Niko Rosberg who was sure of a points paying position before retirement in lap 42.

On Brit watch, Button brought home his Honda in 12th in a thoroughly disappointing weekend, Davidson was 16th in his Aguri, and finally Coulthard suffered a brake failure a little over half way through.

Drivers’ Championship

The champion is back on top, Kimi is only 2pts behind, and rookie Hamilton is another 2pts away.

Constructers’ Championship

McLaren (32pts) now have an early lead, leading 9pts from Ferrari (23pts).

SupaLiga 2007

UPDATED SHORT TABLE

(Full table available in attachment)

F1 Aberdeen extent their early lead at the top, now on 214pts to 2nd place Linhas’s 201pts. Aberdeen are also 10th overall in the Pure Fantasy F1 Championship, well done to Norm, you’re doing us proud!

Creatures jump up 4 places to 4th, Stunts move up 1 to 3rd - the top 3 now have a 20pt lead on the chasing pack, as Burnin’ Rubber fall 3 places to 7th.

Also of note is the belated entry to the league of the 2006 champions, Speedy Devils…. who are placed last after Malaysia, but being one race behind, this is hardly a surprise.

NEXT RACE > BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX @ BAHRAIN INTERNATIONAL CIRCUIT > APRIL 15

Attachments

• malayf1slcondtableqn6.png
    malayf1slcondtableqn6.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 23