Join our F1 Fantasy League 2008!

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Official Race Classification | Full Story

How did we live during the winter? F1 was back with a bang this morning in Aus, as Lewis Hamilton won a race that defines the word ‘action’.

Lap one, and already we were treated to a series of incidents; Fisichella, Piquet Button, Vettel, Webber and Davidson were involved in a crunch up at the first corner, Massa spun and Raikkonen made a great start to get up to 8th.

The safety car made several cameo appearances throughout the grand prix, with drivers failing to either deal with the loss of traction control this season, or each other.

Timo Glock made a spectacular error, going wide and destroying his car in the process. David Coulthard was a very unhappy victim of aggressive driving by Felipe Massa, as the Brazilian bumped the Scot off going through turn one. Interviewed by ITV, Coulthard’s take on the incident is best described as X-rated.

Turning our attention to the front, Hamilton was supreme and on route 1 to victory. Behind him, however, everything was up for grabs as, it seemed, everyone had their share of problems.

Finishing 2nd and 3rd, Nick Heidfeld and Nico Rosberg were the survivors in a battle of endurance. Kubica, 2nd on the grid, maintained his place for the initial period of the race before pitting, and was running in 5th with 11 laps to go when a collision with Nakajima forced him out. The Jap has subsequently been docked 10 grid slots for the Malaysian GP.

Champions Raikkonen had to battle all the way, finding himself behind Barrichello early on, then mistiming an overtaking manoeuvre for 2nd and hitting the gravel, then going on the grass, and finally repeating his qualifying crawl to retire just before the end.

Sebastien Bourdais, in his debut, slipped his way into 4th before his race was cut horribly only 3 laps short of the distance.

Fernando Alonso and Heikki Kovalainen finished 4th and 5th, but not before pure sporting brilliance in the antepenultimate lap. Passing Alonso in the closing sector, Kovalainen accidently triggered his pit speed limiter in the straight to allow the Spaniard to recapture 4th. Nakajima was awarded 6th place, owing to Barrichello’s disqualifying for passing red lights at the pit exit. This also gave Bourdais 7th and Kimi 8th.

If every race is like this, everyone will be talking about F1.

Drivers’ Championship

With Hamilton’s supposed main rivals for the title failing to score high, Australia is a dream start for the Brit.

Constructors’ Championship

The single point for Ferrari, and 14 on the board for McLaren provide a solid base for Ron Dennis’ team.

SupaLiga 2008

f1slausshortnj7.png

(Full table available in attachment)

Analoguesat leads SupaLiga for the first time ever, and he will hope that he can repeat Norm’s 2007 domination of the league. ScotBordersF1 finished 2007 in 11th, and such heights will be unfamiliar surroundings.

3 SupaLiga debutants find themselves in the top 5 – pgh13, pazinho and wod – and mrminibus’ Caravans are also in 7th. Surely a demonstration that SupaLiga shows no respect for reputations!

Team Oily, 9th in 2007, are 3rd, and rolfw’s Rubbers had a good start in 6th.

Lower down, champions F1 Aberdeen are 11th. The last 12 hours have proved disastrous across SupaLiga for Norm, as he also lost top spot in Premier League SupaLiga for the first time in the 2007/08 season.

2007 runners-up Creatures do little better, currently 8th, while 2007’s 3rd place team owner Topper will be proper tossed off to be bottom!

Norm in the Pure FF1 Cup > F1 SupaAberdeen, SupaLiga's representative in the Pure Fantasy F1 Cup, need to be placed in the top 32 after the Italian GP to qualify for the play-offs. They scored 47pts today, 18pts off 32nd place Red Racer Ultimate.

NEXT RACE > MALAYSIAN GP @ KUALA LUMPUR > MARCH 23

Attachments

• F1SL Aus Full.jpg
    F1SL Aus Full.jpg
    368.9 KB · Views: 17

Oily

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite=Motorized Triax 88cm&a DM800HD with 500gb hd.Vu+ Duo
My Location
Radcliffe
Wow,3rd place.Most likely to be the highest i'll get so i'll enjoy the moment :p

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Analoguesat said:
Woohoo - first place in the league and I would have got better points if Seb Bourdais hadnt suffered engine failure 4 laps from the end.

A far more enjoyable race with the traction control gone, but those cars are going to be a right handful in a wet race :D

I was gutted when Bourdais went off, although I reckon he felt a touch worse about it :p

Well done to all the new guys, bring on the competition I say!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
RedDevil_UK said:
actually i only joined to make Topper feel better :-rofl2

:p:p:p:cool::cool:;):-worship

Well done AS watch your back :)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
A good race - I enjoyed this one - its nice to see some new drivers coming through to replace the old hands. I reckon we could have some real upsets this year :D

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
well my choice of second driver was good Fisichella in an incident on first lap just my luck

but we shall see as the races go on

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Keep forgetting to do the qualifying side of the competition, not really sure how it works, must read more. :-lmao

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You get 5 points if you correctly predict the qual place of the driver, so theoretically its worth 15 points per race

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Analoguesat said:
You get 5 points if you correctly predict the qual place of the driver, so theoretically its worth 15 points per race

Yes, if you look on last year's thread, it does make a difference if your good a guessing, which isn't that hard once you study the form a bit.

Dawn of War

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Searching....
My Location
Portugal
Hi,

I already done my register now. :toke:

My team name is "Daw of War", we will see next race.

Good luck to all and special for me :p

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Dawn of War said:
Hi,

I already done my register now. :toke:

My team name is "Daw of War", we will see next race.

Good luck to all and special for me :p

Hi, you need to add your team to the league - see the opening post on this thread to find out how you can do that.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
DEADLINE - SATURDAY 03.00 GMT (3am) / 04.00 CET

Please make changes to your team lineup for the Petronas Malaysian Grand Prix.

To make changes, including qualifying positions which must be submitted prior to every race, access the league homepage.

Malaysian Grand Prix timetable:
Friday Practice 1 - 02.00-03.30 GMT / 03.00-04.30 CET / 10.00-11.30 Kuala Lumpur
Friday Practice 2 - 06.00-07.30 GMT / 07.00-08.30 CET / 14.00-15.30 KL
Saturday Practice - 03.00-04.00 GMT / 04.00-05.00 CET / 11.00-12.00 KL
Saturday Qualifying - 06.00 GMT / 07.00 CET / 14.00 KL
Sunday Race - 07.00 GMT / 08.00 CET / 15.00 KL

Horse's History
sigpic1166_3.gif

2007 - Only the 2nd race in, and Norm's F1 Aberdeen were already extending their lead. Linhas remained in 2nd, and up to 3rd were the Cunning Stunts.

Current league leaders, ScotBordersF1, were in a lowly 16th. Still, that's better than Team Oily who hadn't even joined the league yet!

2006 - Moving into 1st place, a position to which they would become familiar throughout the season, were RedDevil's Speedy Devils (they have just joined this year). Tom34 moved up to joint 2nd with Sir Bronking Buckos, and Honda-Williams dropped to 4th.

Analoguesat's Scots, then known as Team Carros, were joint 8th. Rather typically, I was bottom :-doh2.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
hmm just seen the practice times and was surprised with my choice button being in the top 5 after the second practice session today.

salty25 thanks for the reminder

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
no need to thank me wod, the reminders are part of the service :D looks to me like Ferrari have a reliability issue.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yorkshire
i can't get on to the website so i don't think i will be in the race as i haven't made any changes or anything

the website just wont load here.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Official Qualifying Classification

Ferrari hit back on Saturday with a front row lock out, Felipe Massa (in pole) qualifying nearly a second faster than Lewis Hamilton. Championship leader Raikkonen is 2nd on the grid.

The first and second session were less dramatic this morning than last week. Williams were the only casualities - Nakajima eliminated in Q1 (the Jap is docked 10 grid places already), Rosberg going in Q2. Alonso just survived for the final 10, but Button and Coulthard could only manage 11th and 12th.

It was in the business end of qualifying that Ferrari shone in the Kuala Lumpur sun.

McLaren were simply no match for the reds, and although it is suspected that they are running a different fuel strategy, the sheer ease with which Ferrari set their times suggests the Italians have the upper-hand.

However, that was not the end of the story.

During the end of the session, Fernando Alonso and Nick Heidfeld were on their final flying laps as almost everyone else was coming in slowly. Unfortunately for Heidfeld, he had his lap horribly disrupted by the cruising Hamilton and Kovalainen, and the German had to zig-zag to avoid them.

Following a stewards investigation into the incident, both Kovalainen and Hamilton have been pushed back 5 grid places, and so the McLaren pair are 8th and 9th on the grid, having qualified in 3rd and 4th.

This has pushed 5 drivers up the grid, in the following order: Trulli, Kubica, Heidfeld, Webber and Alonso. The other pilot to make the final session, Timo Glock, is uneffected by the penalty and remains 10th.

*** Please be aware that for the purposes of SupaLiga and Pure Fantasy F1 competition, only the official classification is considered for the qualifying predictions bonus points. Any following penalty, such as those given to McLaren, do not count.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
wod said:
i can't get on to the website so i don't think i will be in the race as i haven't made any changes or anything

the website just wont load here.

I'm experiencing similiar problem right now, but I had already made my changes.

The deadline was 3am UK time, 4am (0400) Central European time.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
The vendetta against McLaren seems to be continuing, both drivers docked 5 places on the grid, the footage I saw live this morning there were red cars and white cars as well impeding the flying laps of two cars why have they not been docked?... Looks like we are in for another engineered championship, that is a great shame I thought they had done all the blood letting last year'O'-red

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
wod said:

Your previous settings carry over if you dont make any changes, so you are still in :)

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Analoguesat said:
Your previous settings carry over if you dont make any changes, so you are still in :)

Yes wod, your team from Australia is your team until you make any changes, and who knows, not making changes might work out for the better this weekend!

It's hard not to feel aggrieved about the grid docking, I think the rationale behind it was that although quite a few cars were on go-slows, the McLaren pair were on the racing line as Heidfeld was coming, and so only them being there had a negative effect on his flying lap.

At least they are still in the race, and have a good chance at that. 4-5 years ago, it wouldn't have surprised me if they would have been forced to start from the pits.