Lidl bit of Hispasat - alias my life todate.

Yorks

Mentally unstable.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pretend to know what I'm doing. Only the clever ones rumble me.
My Location
S. Yorks
2cvbloke said:
That was terrible!!! :p

Yes. Sorry m8.:-ohmy Bang out of order!

Remember me to Ken and Deirdre:-rofl2

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
2cvbloke said:
Bleedin' Lancasharians...:p :D
We may not be posh up here but generally people living in the county of Lancashire are referred to as Lancastrians (just to confuse the populous) O-Ha

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Topper said:
We may not be posh up here but generally people living in the county of Lancashire are referred to as Lancastrians (just to confuse the populous) O-Ha

I'm from slightly further north than Lancashire, I'm no "suvverner".... :p :-rofl2

Yorks

Mentally unstable.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
S. Yorks
2cvbloke said:
I'm from slightly further north than Lancashire, I'm no "suvverner".... :p :-rofl2

To the Pink Panther Theme tune:-

Durham,Durham,..Durham,..Durham,Durham,Durham,Durham,Durhammmmmmm,.....:p

Still waiting fer keighs fercabo.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Yorks said:
To the Pink Panther Theme tune:-

Durham,Durham,..Durham,..Durham,Durham,Durham,Durham,Durhammmmmmm,.....:p

Still waiting fer keighs fercabo.

I was waiting for that... :p

Yorks

Mentally unstable.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
S. Yorks
Hi 2cv,

Did you use the £2.99 Lidl bracket for your dish or something more substantial. It was extremely windy here yesterday and the dish was bobbling about a bit, although it didn't affect reception much. Signal is still strong today so nowts bent. But at a later date may put something more substantial up that doesn't protrude quite as far. Will see how it goes.
After all it'll have to snap completely before I shell out. I am a Yorkshoreman afterall:p.

femto

Ey up, Sither!
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3000-IP,
Manhattan Plaza ST100,
Gibertini 1m Dish,
Inverto Silver Tech 0.2,
Polar Mount,
12 Inch Actuator.
My Location
Bradford, W Yorks
Yorks said:
After all it'll have to snap completely before I shell out. I am a Yorkshoreman afterall:p.

Oh no no no no no, come on Yorks! You're letting the side down there lad. Can't you borrow some welding tackle when it busts...? ;)

Yorks

Mentally unstable.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
S. Yorks
femto said:
Oh no no no no no, come on Yorks! You're letting the side down there lad. Can't you borrow some welding tackle when it busts...? ;)

I luv the word 'borrow'.;)

By the way any joy with 26e and 7w? I can't get owt on my miniscule 88cm dish. Thought you needed in excess of 1.5m for 26E now. Our ethnic friends have some real monsters on their walls!

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Yorks said:
Hi 2cv,

Did you use the £2.99 Lidl bracket for your dish or something more substantial.

Hi!!! :D

I just used an old camera tripod, which incidentaly fell apart at the hinges, rather than those dodgy L shaped brackets, if I were you, when (sorry, IF) it snaps, get a tripod wall bracket, mush safer and stronger... :D

Yorks

Mentally unstable.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
S. Yorks
2cvbloke said:
Hi!!! :D

I just used an old camera tripod, which incidentaly fell apart at the hinges, rather than those dodgy L shaped brackets, if I were you, when (sorry, IF) it snaps, get a tripod wall bracket, mush safer and stronger... :D

Thanks for the tip m8.

Bloody hell, don't tell me I'm gonna have to start gettin' up before dinner (lunch) on Sundays to frequent car boot sales!:-rofl2

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Yorks said:
Thanks for the tip m8.

Bloody hell, don't tell me I'm gonna have to start gettin' up before dinner (lunch) on Sundays to frequent car boot sales!:-rofl2

What for? I found the tripod in a box inside a cupboard in my mum's old house, worked perfectly until it's legs gave way...:-ohmy

femto

Ey up, Sither!
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3000-IP,
Manhattan Plaza ST100,
Gibertini 1m Dish,
Inverto Silver Tech 0.2,
Polar Mount,
12 Inch Actuator.
My Location
Bradford, W Yorks
Yorks said:
I luv the word 'borrow'.;)

By the way any joy with 26e and 7w? I can't get owt on my miniscule 88cm dish. Thought you needed in excess of 1.5m for 26E now. Our ethnic friends have some real monsters on their walls!

Well, it's cheaper than buying stuff. Borrow the gear, use it, give it back. Buy a pint for whoever leant it to you.

Pint < Welding Gear.

Anyhoo, no not a sausage (or a signal) from either of those birds. Although Viasat is coming through from the Nordic beam of Sirius 5E rather nicely with no breakup.

Just posted about that in my thread with the photos of my new install in this very forum.... I dare say if it "teks oop an' siles it down" I might just possibly lose them... :D

Yorks

Mentally unstable.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
S. Yorks
2cvbloke said:
What for? I found the tripod in a box inside a cupboard in my mum's old house, worked perfectly until it's legs gave way...:-ohmy

I bet she was glad you could make good use of it. It being broken 'un all that!:-rofl2

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
my mum's old house, worked perfectly until it's legs gave way

That's no way way to speak about your mum!

;)

canine

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon and PC
My Location
East Hampshire - UK
Thanks from a southerner, fellas, for an amusing read.
canine

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
I know this thread is owd but, owd the dish cope wit t'weather over't last few days? its been very windy up here on't t'hills.

I had one of them lidl brackets up last winter.. i was scared to walk under it it was that wobbly.. took it down for the safety of my family :(

Yorks

Mentally unstable.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
S. Yorks
Sorry Yeshi,

Just stumbled accross this again while browsing other peeps pics.

I suppose the good thing is that if I had seen your post of 01/01/07 and answered it then, the answer would have been 'still standing but ducking 'n diving in the wind.'

But unfortunately the January gales changed all that. :-rofl2

The winds were that strong one particular day (my wife's account as I was at work) that the dish was buckling and springing under strong gusts. A bit like one of those tamper proof lids on jars! Probably the same gauge steel :p.

But to be fair I have lived here for seven years and have in that time not witnessed winds that strong. In fact several trees (one at the bottom of the road) were also felled by the this inclement weather.

After a couple of hours onslaught, the wall bracket finally surrendered. Obviously the same gauge steel as the jar lid, and the dish. My wife miraculously managed to grab the dish by the LNB arm as the bracket snapped, and was blown the full length of the house - dish in hand, cable still attached and being shot at by cable clips as they popped out of the wall. She came to a halt at the back gate - it was closed! Now some people will think what dedication, to risk life and limb for a £14.99 lidl dish. Alas, by her own admission, her only motivation was the likely ensuing insurance claim should the dish have crashed through someones front window.

The dish is a write-off. Even a Master Panel Beater couldn't sort out it's deformity. I've hidden it in the garage so it doesn't cause offense, but the Lnb has come through the ordeal hopefully unscathed.

At the moment I am Hispasat free (completely clean and coping with withdrawal), and just taking it one day at a time.

But I have plans.....................

Regards,

Yorks.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
a small set of t&k brackets would have worked wonders and held up against the wind

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Oh dear!!! I only just noticed the update on this thread!!! :eek:

Imagine that, a cheap dish & bracket not standing up to the forces of nature... :D

Hmm, I think I'll scrap my idea to use my Lidl dish for a 3-LNB setup, the LNBs are worth more together than the dish... :D

EDIT: I just noticed, I posted "when (sorry, IF) it snaps" in October last year... :D

Yorks

Mentally unstable.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
S. Yorks
Hehe.... Yes, if I were you I'd keep your dish indoors 2cv. And if you break wind after having a decent ruby - make sure you're nowhere near it!
It really ought to say on the box, "Not suitable for outdoor use."

I put up a new dish yesterday. Gone for a less wind resistant 80cm mesh dish.:). Easier for the wife to bring under control when it blows down - the back gate may not be shut next time.:eek:

Raven Aries dish supplied from manufacturer with bracket (2" dia.) £38.99 delivered. Damned expensive I know, but hopefully I will get more than 5 months out of this one............ Unless there's another storm brewing.

Regards,

Yorks

Attachments

• RavenAries.JPG
    RavenAries.JPG
    244 KB · Views: 47