Manhatttan H-H Motor

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ 1.1Mtr motorized dish
My Location
Kings Lynn Norfolk
I have a 1 Mtr dish attached to a Manhattan HtoH motor connected to a Technomate TM-8000MC CI receiver. The Whole installation is only 15 months old. The person that installed the equipment has moved and no longer available. The only two local companies are not willing to service motorised installations. The dish motor no longer moves and the receiver display says low or no signal.
I am non technical and a pensioner!. Can someone please advise how I can test the motor without dismantling it.
I live in Kings Lynn and would appreciate any info. on anyone in the area that may be able to help. Thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Does the motor move when you change satellite?

There are several potential answers to your problem, the first is that the motor is broken (doesn't/won't move), the second is that the motor has moved on the pole and it won't matter how much you move to different satellites, you won't get a signal, the third is a possible bad connection or damaged cable, the fourth is that the motor has got lost and you need to go into the satellite menu and reset to zero or reference satellite.

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
it might also be a good idea to ask a neighbour or friend to have a look at it.with the help of this forum we could get it sorted for you.

TWAG

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Kings Lynn gets quite windy. Is the dish on the ground, on the wall or on the roof ?

H

Happy-Buddah

Silly question perhaps, have you moved your box and the co-ax has pulled out of the back?
H-B

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Hi Nerothefiddler
I have the same system in the kitchen as yourself. The Motor is sealed and no buttons on it to move it manually. I will go into the receiver menu later and get the info you need to move the motor manually, If you come back to this thread. Another thing you could check is the cable from motor to the LNB. Check that cable connections are not caked or corroded, maybe bad insulation tape was used.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kings Lynn Norfolk
Channel Hopper said:
Kings Lynn gets quite windy. Is the dish on the ground, on the wall or on the roof ?

Thanks for your reply. The dish is mounted on a pole above a corner of a bungalow. I have tried moving the dish by hand but its rigid!. Is there any way of checking that there is a signal from the receiver to the motor. (multimeter?).

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kings Lynn Norfolk
john_graydon said:
Hi Nerothefiddler
I have the same system in the kitchen as yourself. The Motor is sealed and no buttons on it to move it manually. I will go into the receiver menu later and get the info you need to move the motor manually, If you come back to this thread. Another thing you could check is the cable from motor to the LNB. Check that cable connections are not caked or corroded, maybe bad insulation tape was used.

Thanks for your reply. Looking forward to your info.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kings Lynn Norfolk
Happy-Buddah said:
Silly question perhaps, have you moved your box and the co-ax has pulled out of the back?
H-B
Thanks for the suggestion. If only life were that simple!.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kings Lynn Norfolk
rolfw said:
Does the motor move when you change satellite?

There are several potential answers to your problem, the first is that the motor is broken (doesn't/won't move), the second is that the motor has moved on the pole and it won't matter how much you move to different satellites, you won't get a signal, the third is a possible bad connection or damaged cable, the fourth is that the motor has got lost and you need to go into the satellite menu and reset to zero or reference satellite.

Thanks for your suggestions. The motor does not move the dish. As far as I can see it hasn't moved on the pole and cables and connections seem OK.I assume thr motor has seized, but would like to be able to check if it is receiving a signal or not without dismantling the dish.
'

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
You can check the voltage at the end of the coax with a voltmeter, should be between 13-18v.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
nerothefiddler said:
Thanks for your reply. Looking forward to your info.

Ok Here you go
Hit Menu Button > On Edit Channels, hit the button right of OK > Then down to Satellite set up & press ok > Then down to Satellite System Set up &
Press OK > Then down onto Motor Settings & Press OK > You should have Diseqc 1.2 on the Top Of your screen, if not press the button right of OK till you get Diseqc 1.2 and press ok. Now you should have a page with the Motor controls on it. Scroll down to Move motor. Then use the buttons left & Right of the OK button to move the dish left or right. When you get the quality signal as far as you can, go down to Motor control & scroll across with the button right of the OK get save highlighted and press ok. These are the settings I use to find sats MANUALLY. If the motor moves you know its ok, Generally these motors are good and havent given me any trouble Yet.

satpaul

Reaction score
nerothefiddler said:
I have a 1 Mtr dish attached to a Manhattan HtoH motor connected to a Technomate TM-8000MC CI receiver. The Whole installation is only 15 months old. The person that installed the equipment has moved and no longer available. The only two local companies are not willing to service motorised installations. The dish motor no longer moves and the receiver display says low or no signal.
I am non technical and a pensioner!. Can someone please advise how I can test the motor without dismantling it.
I live in Kings Lynn and would appreciate any info. on anyone in the area that may be able to help. Thanks

Contact me on 01522 696533 Lincoln all I do is motorised

iceburn

Reaction score
I got the same motor that was install last year, and like you my "sometimes" freeze up. Esp if it rains heavely. But than it sort itself later on like maybe moisture got into the cable and than whenthe sun comes out, it dries it out and it than works. I am thinking of when putting a bigger dish, to change the motor to a Moteck digipower DG 2100, the decoder to either a Technomate 1500ci patched or Dreambox 5000/7000 Sharp LNB and new cable. Anyway if you haven't got anyone around yet, you can try the following. When it is a good sunny day next time, try and get it to move to say hotbird (what I normally do) and hopefully it will pick itself up.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
iceburn said:
I got the same motor that was install last year, and like you my "sometimes" freeze up. Esp if it rains heavely. But than it sort itself later on like maybe moisture got into the cable and than whenthe sun comes out, it dries it out and it than works. I am thinking of when putting a bigger dish, to change the motor to a Moteck digipower DG 2100, the decoder to either a Technomate 1500ci patched or Dreambox 5000/7000 Sharp LNB and new cable. Anyway if you haven't got anyone around yet, you can try the following. When it is a good sunny day next time, try and get it to move to say hotbird (what I normally do) and hopefully it will pick itself up.

Maybe your cable is split along the line, It should work at any time.

iceburn

Reaction score
Yes that is what I think is the problem, the cable is damage, since he used the old one here if I remember correctly. Since I might upgrade it soon I might just live with it and change the cable to a higher quality one at the same time.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kings Lynn Norfolk
john_graydon said:
Ok Here you go
Hit Menu Button > On Edit Channels, hit the button right of OK > Then down to Satellite set up & press ok > Then down to Satellite System Set up &
Press OK > Then down onto Motor Settings & Press OK > You should have Diseqc 1.2 on the Top Of your screen, if not press the button right of OK till you get Diseqc 1.2 and press ok. Now you should have a page with the Motor controls on it. Scroll down to Move motor. Then use the buttons left & Right of the OK button to move the dish left or right. When you get the quality signal as far as you can, go down to Motor control & scroll across with the button right of the OK get save highlighted and press ok. These are the settings I use to find sats MANUALLY. If the motor moves you know its ok, Generally these motors are good and havent given me any trouble Yet.

Followed your instructions down to Sat Systems Set up item 4 Motor Settings. ( In brackets on Rt of Motor Settings it says None , Is this relevent?) When I press button on Rt of motor settings nothing happens, ie Diseqc 1.2 does not come up. Instead I get a block with "Do you want to save "OK or Cancel."
Item 3 above Motor Settings on the Sat System Set up, Diseqc switching 1/2/3/4 , in brackets on the right it says" Disable", any help?.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
nerothefiddler said:
Followed your instructions down to Sat Systems Set up item 4 Motor Settings. ( In brackets on Rt of Motor Settings it says None , Is this relevent?) When I press button on Rt of motor settings nothing happens, ie Diseqc 1.2 does not come up. Instead I get a block with "Do you want to save "OK or Cancel."
Item 3 above Motor Settings on the Sat System Set up, Diseqc switching 1/2/3/4 , in brackets on the right it says" Disable", any help?.

Disable diseqc switching & press ok. Go back into motor settings and press the right or left button again, On None highlighted you can go left for usals or right for diseqc. You must press ok to get out of the motor settings. If the one highlighted is not the one you want then press the right or left button again and this will change it. This is why your motor wont move because the box cant send a signal to the motor. Are you sure it has diseqc 1.2 . It should have as my one has it but there may be a software problem with it. If its new bring it back and get a new one. Thell them there is no diseq installed. lets know how you get on.

A & S

Reaction score
HI THERE, nerothefiddler,

I AM A PROFESIONAL INSTALLER, IF YOU LIVED UP HERE IN SUNNY SCOTLAND I WOULD FIX YOUR PROBLEM IN ABOUT A HOUR OR SO.
I THINK IT IS SAD THAT INSTALLERS IN YOUR AREA, ARE UNABLE TO ASSIST YOU. THEY ARE PROBLIBY JUST "SKY DISH DONKEYS".
I CAN HELP YOU VIA A TELEPHONE. CALL MY WORK NO- 077XXXXXXXX
REGARDS
Aerials & Satellites

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
@A+S

Earlier in the thread Satpaul offered local 'profesional' help.