My Fixed and 1m Motorised Install.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, DM800HD, DM500S, Traix 1.1M with Dark Motor. Zone 2 mini dish for 28.2E
My Location
uk
Hi folks,

Just got my fixed mini-dish and motorised dish installed.

What do you guys think of the install?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0570.jpg
    IMG_0570.jpg
    664.2 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0571.jpg
    IMG_0571.jpg
    819.3 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_0572.jpg
    IMG_0572.jpg
    709.8 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0573.jpg
    IMG_0573.jpg
    694.8 KB · Views: 99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, DM800HD, DM500S, Traix 1.1M with Dark Motor. Zone 2 mini dish for 28.2E
My Location
uk
Sorry about the pics. Don't know why they came up in incorrect angle :(

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Sorry about the pics. Don't know why they came up in incorrect angle :(

I've corrected your uploaded images and resized them.

What do you guys think of the install?

Looks a nice job.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
It's an Orbital isn't it? 1m or 80cm?

Looks good anyway.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
looks good, how far can you go east 42e ?

In windy weather just make sure you move the dish side on to the wind with it being exposed.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Nice install avatar7 :)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Robbo said:
It's an Orbital isn't it? 1m or 80cm?

Looks good anyway.

It's a 1m, and proof the K/T installs are the way to go.

A very nice installation, should get almost everything, though you should have fitted a quad (and another cable or two, just in case you need to upgrade)

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Channel Hopper said:
and proof the K/T installs are the way to go.

Would of come down a course or two but looks strong.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
satelliteman said:
Would of come down a course or two but looks strong.

The K at the top locks at least three rows together, and being halfway up a side/end wall, all courses are mortared above and below.

smiffie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800HD 500Gb X 2, Dreambox 500S X 2, VBox 2, Jaeger 99G H to H 36v, Inverto SilverTech Quad LNB 0.2dB, 95cm Maxx Digital Mesh Dish 42E-45W, Technomate TM 2600 H to H Diseqc, Inverto Ultra black LNB 0.2dB , 85cm Transparent Dish 42E-1W.
My Location
North West England, UK
Nice, Looks like the house is South facing, making it a trcky install, can you get 30West?

What material is the pole alloy or steel? Are the T&Ks painted or galvanised?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
That a nice tidy install. Well done avatar7 :)

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
Hi,

Thanks for all your replies. In response to:

Robbo - This is a 1 meter Orbital dish with an ***** dark motor.

Wod - 42E works perfectly fine.

Smiffie - 30W works fine. The pole is 2 meter alloy. The T & K brackets are painted and 18cm.

Thanks for the praises :)

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
Oops, sorry. Yes 18inch T & K :)

satelliteman said:
18inch by the look of it :)

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
Hi, The side of the house is the south facing wall. But wasn't too bad as the cable run to the lounge was hidden behind the black water pipe so nice and tidy then hole straight into the lounge once at bottom. The hard part was mounting the dish up at that height. Was scary working high up there on the ladders with the wind pulling you to one side :p

smiffie said:
Nice, Looks like the house is South facing, making it a trcky install, can you get 30West?

What material is the pole alloy or steel? Are the T&Ks painted or galvanised?

smiffie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800HD 500Gb X 2, Dreambox 500S X 2, VBox 2, Jaeger 99G H to H 36v, Inverto SilverTech Quad LNB 0.2dB, 95cm Maxx Digital Mesh Dish 42E-45W, Technomate TM 2600 H to H Diseqc, Inverto Ultra black LNB 0.2dB , 85cm Transparent Dish 42E-1W.
My Location
North West England, UK
Hi, The side of the house is the south facing wall. But wasn't too bad as the cable run to the lounge was hidden behind the black water pipe so nice and tidy then hole straight into the lounge once at bottom. The hard part was mounting the dish up at that height. Was scary working high up there on the ladders with the wind pulling you to one side :p

Surely that wall is East facing, with the front wall probably not far off true South? I'm in the same boat with my install having to be above the gutter, making access difficult and dangerous. Secret is to get the top of the ladder as high as possible and always tie the ladder onto the T&K. I always setup the Dish/Motor combo on the ground with a vertical pole, then if its 36v H2H I take the dish/motor up in one and pass it over the top of the pole. With Diseqc's I tend to take the motor up first without the dish+mounting pole and fit in situ.

I think you have definetly made the right decision going for 1M in the UK and it should give you everything you need. It would be interesting to see your SNR figures for 5E and 16E, an 85cm was always a compromise for me on 16E before I went to 1M.

Keep an eye on that alloy pole for stability, for some reason at my location I always find 30W the most susceptable to wind problems.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
Actually your right. The front of the house is true south facing wall. All other houses on my street have their mini dish's installed on the front. I've put mines on side as still clear view of angle but presentation just looks better.

I assembled the brackets and pole first. Then assembled dish and motor on ground then took up ladder then mounted onto bole and tightend the bolts up.

I'll get you my SNR figures for 5E and 16E once I get back home and post here for comparison.

smiffie said:
Surely that wall is East facing, with the front wall probably not far off true South? I'm in the same boat with my install having to be above the gutter, making access difficult and dangerous. Secret is to get the top of the ladder as high as possible and always tie the ladder onto the T&K. I always setup the Dish/Motor combo on the ground with a vertical pole, then if its 36v H2H I take the dish/motor up in one and pass it over the top of the pole. With Diseqc's I tend to take the motor up first without the dish+mounting pole and fit in situ.

I think you have definetly made the right decision going for 1M in the UK and it should give you everything you need. It would be interesting to see your SNR figures for 5E and 16E, an 85cm was always a compromise for me on 16E before I went to 1M.

Keep an eye on that alloy pole for stability, for some reason at my location I always find 30W the most susceptable to wind problems.

aileen

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 6800 HD. Now died. Protek HD 9750
Motorised 88 cm dish
Installed by Robbo
Mac computers
My Location
S E Kent
wod said:
looks good, how far can you go east 42e ?

In windy weather just make sure you move the dish side on to the wind with it being exposed.

I bow to your far superior knowledge but I was advised that its best to have wind pressure 'face on' to the dish and less to the LNB arm
to remain in focus. Not sure of the 'physics' of this one. Would appreciate views

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
Hi Smiffle,

Here are my SNR/AGC figures. I've just done them for 4.8E and 16E.

4.8E: SNR 61% / AGC 93%
16E: SNR 57% / AGC 82%

If you want me to do any more let me know...

Thanks

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
aileen said:
I bow to your far superior knowledge but I was advised that its best to have wind pressure 'face on' to the dish and less to the LNB arm
to remain in focus. Not sure of the 'physics' of this one. Would appreciate views

Now that I've gone up to a 1.2M dish I've become more concious of this problem. I'd back wod's view on this and if it looks like the wind is getting up I try and leave the dish as close to edge on to the prevailing wind direction as I can. There is a logic to having it face on as the shearing force would be equal on the dish face, but there will still be a strain put on the motor gearing and mountings. Think of your dish face as a sail. If you wanted to gain maximum speed you would trim it so that it offered as much area to the wind as possible, you want to achieve exactly the opposite effect with the dish. If you look at the OP's installation you can imagine what strain would be put on the pole and wall mounts if a strong wind was blowing 'face on' to the dish.

Luckily my dish is in a quite sheltered spot and unless it blows a severe Westerly gale I have less concerns. Still didn't stop the dish being blown around the motor stub the other week though! (My fault as the mountings needed tightening after the cold weather)