My Pace MSS 100 in trouble

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
dardruba said:
No, the remote is OK.
Button one was working until I moved Eurosport onto it.
I got no signal so I re entered the details for Eurosport and still got no signal. I couldn't see why it failed when all the details were correct, so on the off chance the button itself may have been faulty I reentered the details for Eurosport onto button five, but still no signal.
Button five was working until its analogue channel was discontinued.

Oh, you mean Channel 1/5 etc!!! Looking back at the settings you posted, the settings referring to the LNB to me don't look right:

LNB Single
LNB Band 9,750 FSS A

These should be something like this:

LNB Universal
LNB Band 9.750/10.600

Thing is some of the older Pace MSS boxes didn't have a Universal setting, so this might not be available, if I knew where my MSS300 was I'd have a look in it's menu as they're very similar... :)

dardruba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Win7/Firefox
85cm Transparent dish and 3 dual LNB's 13,19,28

One diseqc to PC and Sky Star 2, and a diseqc to
Humax Foxsat HDR
My Location
Fylde Coast in West Lancs
When I reset button one from LNB Single to LNB Universal it gave me Low Band 9.750 FSS A and High Band 10.600 BSS
But still No Signal.

When I checked button two for MTV it also read LNB Universal, as if that had changed automatically, and the picture and sound were unchanged.
So it looks like I may be one step closer.
Thanks

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Hmm, maybe try resetting Channel 1 back to "SKY ONE":

The "factory reset" will reset channel 1 only to Sky One. It will also reset the Installation menu settings. It will NOT change the rest of the channels.

On the remote, enter this sequence:

Menu, 0, Store, Right arrow, Left arrow

(Shamelessly nicked from another website!!! :D )

Then re-enter the frequency for Eurosport, and Store... :)

Hope that works... :)

dardruba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Win7/Firefox

Humax Foxsat HDR
My Location
I've tried the sequence several times but it hasnt worked.

But it did give me a clue to search on. I found an old Pace Reset Procedure page saying to do the sequence within 4-5 seconds and the onscreen confirmation will say E2 or Restore E2. I get no confirmation either on the box or on the TV screen.

I've read that when in the Menu and the TP no 11259 is flashing I can click letter F on the remote to scan current channels. That doesnt work, it just scrolls on and on. Is that relevant to my problem?

dardruba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Win7/Firefox

Humax Foxsat HDR
My Location
I've got Eurosport International back. Whoopee. Thanks to all you wonderful people who responded.
Special thanks to our friend Rolfw who gave me the clue in post8 about low band vertical.

My middle LNB for 19E Astra1 had lost its Vertical Polarity.
When I did a scan on the TM1500 for 19E, Vertical only, there were no results and this would also apply to the channels on the Pace.
Relief to find it wasnt due to me fiddling and tweaking and moving channels on the remote buttons.

I got a satellite installer to replace that LNB with my spare LNB and all is now well - just in time for the summer Ski Jumping and the Olympics.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Thats great dardruba. Thanks for the feedback. :)