My vu+ solo has arrived. Can someone please give me some pointers

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
I tried to send you a PM with a link for the Blackhole cams as its for another forum and so i dont know if you break the rules by posting it here.

You need your PM's activating

Discoseeker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu + solo
B sky B package on squarial
My Location
Derbyshire
Struggling to find how to enable pm's. I'll hunt around.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Click on the username and you'll see it.

Discoseeker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu + solo
My Location
Derbyshire
Clicked on username, been through every b****** setting and can't see how to enable pm's.
Installed a softcam, can't get any channels to open. Grr. Installed my config file as per vix. Grrrr...

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, right sorry, just looked at your post count and assumed you'd been a member for more than a month, have now enabled.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
PM's are available via this setting. Yours may not be available yet as we have a time restriction for new members due to persistent misuse of pm facilities by spammers.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 60

Discoseeker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu + solo
My Location
Derbyshire
rolfw said:
LOL, right sorry, just looked at your post count and assumed you'd been a member for more than a month, have now enabled.

thanks. i seem to have it (cccam) working now. just cant stick these cannel lists, could do with a simple to use HD included 28.2e list. anyone tell me how to get one and how to install it.

thanks for all the help tonight

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
Here is SGTFlipFlop Enigma2 28.2° east list only, you can upload this with Dreamboxedit, Dreamset or one of the VU+ utility uploaders hope this is Ok to have as an attachement

This list will probably get updated again in the next few days.

Discoseeker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu + solo
My Location
Derbyshire
Thanks digi, I shall upload it forthwith....

Discoseeker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu + solo
My Location
Derbyshire
digi, sorry if i'm being stupid here, i'm using vuCC. is there a directory i should install to or am i using the wrong software

*ok, i think i found the folder.
/etc/enigma2

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
Discoseeker said:
digi, sorry if i'm being stupid here, i'm using vuCC. is there a directory i should install to or am i using the wrong software

when you download VUCC its a Zipped file with all the relevant software inside and a VUCC.exe program which is the frontend, all i do is unzip to C: drive or where ever you want, remember all the files and folders have to stay within that folder. Then all i do is right click the VUCC.exe and send to desktop create shortcut.

Just double click the shortcut login with your ip adress and use the channel uploader facility on VUCC

if you really get stuck here's the video guide to help you out a bit
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJA3LvBp9mE

Discoseeker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu + solo
My Location
Derbyshire
Oh dear, should've waited for advice me thinks. Just pasted all the files into the etc/enigma2 folder and now it won't turn back on :(

Discoseeker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu + solo
My Location
Derbyshire
Cheers digi, I was wrong about it not rebooting, simply rebooted restarted tv on wrong channel. Doh!

Thanks for your help, channel list up and running. J will watch the demo though. Thanks so very much for all your patient help

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
No worries you got there in the end, and you where in the correct folder anyway. The good thing about the channel editors is they will delete your old bouquets by default if you set it up in the settings so no danger of any over lap.

Discoseeker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu + solo
My Location
Derbyshire
greetings this fine evening peeps... tonight i'd like to sort out my webinterface. it asks me for username and password. tried 'root' and blank, tried root and dreambox, tried dvb dvb, cant get it to get passed authentication. any ideas?

(and i've tried googling through three pages of results)

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Not 100% sure if you mean accessing your VU+ with Filezilla, but root and password, dreambox has just worked for me. When you say webinterface do you mean the VU+ control panel? This opens in your browser by using the address of your VU+ on your network. (E.G.192.168.1.10/)

Discoseeker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu + solo
My Location
Derbyshire
Vucc works fine, when I access the vu+ box, either via vucc(web interface button) or the http address through my network, I'm requested to enter a password and username. So I'm guessing that my settings are farouked up, however I've not altered access on the solo or changed default settings, the login for the vucc works (root - blank) but not web interface.