MyTheatre 2.70, 2.71 and 2.76

MickH

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
North East
Oh well, thanks for your help anyway Rolf - it is appreciated. I'm just downloading v2.76 via the link on this site to see if that's any better although I suspect that maybe the Nova might not have been supported then (not much software does - I should've bought an SS2!). I'll also try to get my hands on v3.12 as well. It just seems strange that it knows what the card is. I do also have a PCI Nova T (terrestrial) card but it does distinguish between them and I've also tried disabling that one. If I have any success I'll post the results just in case others come across the problem.

MickH

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
North East
This seems to be a problem similar to an old one with the original ProgDVB Nova driver. It is only the scanning that isn't working. I tried v2.76 and there was no Nova support at all. So I downloaded v3.12 but that had exactly the same problem as v3.08. But then I noticed that the satellites I was scanning (Astra 1B/C/D etc) weren't in the list on the right of the screen. Hotbirds were, however, so I pointed my dish at those, and confirmed with ProgDVB that everything was OK. But still "NO SIGNAL" when scanning with My Theatre. I then decided to concede defeat but suddenly noticed that this time there were two level meters in the bottom right of the screen - 75% and 100%. From my ProgDVB experience, I presume that they are signal level and quality respectively so it would seem that the LNB is being powered after all. But no matter which channel I select (FTA) I get no display so I now have a new problem - why no display?

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
I dont know if this will help but i had a similar problem with progdvb i think and i had to go into the diseqe menu and choose the Lnb and then choose the satellite i wanted to scan then go back out and channel search so maybe this is similar???

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Try changing the graphs, but also make sure that the viedeo is toggled to on, should have a tick by it.

MickH

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
North East
Thanks for all the suggestions - they were all very much appreciated. But I'm afraid I still haven't had any success at all. I suspect that the driver is the problem, not least because the level/quality meters fluctuate between real and stupidly low values for no apparent reason. And it is totally impossible to scan channels despite quality of 100% and level of >80% on Astra 1B-H. It's clear this software works very well with other cards but it certainly doesn't seem to like the Nova despite the claims of the authors. It's definitely a case of "better the devil you know" (ProgDV:cool: which is not the most reliable piece of software I've ever used either but at least it does work with the Nova - something that MyTheatre doesn't seem to do unfortunately. But I'd love someone to prove me wrong!

interman4151

Reaction score
My Location
leicestershire ,england
i think if you go into progdvb directory
find elecard register icon
double click it
try that m8

interman4151

Reaction score
My Location
leicestershire ,england
just read your problem
i had same prob with my theatre 3.12
i changed to v 2.76 it now works fine

K

kalamar

my MT 2.76 only uses 5-9 % of processor power so I thing it will run on any computer that has win 2000 or Xp on it.
by the way........... MT 2.76 is so far the best I have found .

I am experimenting with Multidec 9.35 beta patched and the Aladin.dll package,its supposed to decrypt Aladin N2 ........ so far having trouble with getting Multidec up and going completely. crappy prog so far but think it will shine when configured proper.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
kalamar said:
my MT 2.76 only uses 5-9 % of processor power so I thing it will run on any computer that has win 2000 or Xp on it.
by the way........... MT 2.76 is so far the best I have found .

I am experimenting with Multidec 9.35 beta patched and the Aladin.dll package,its supposed to decrypt Aladin N2 ........ so far having trouble with getting Multidec up and going completely. crappy prog so far but think it will shine when configured proper.

How's 9.35 going? Must say, I'm sceptical about your dll, but I've been surprised before!

Had any luck with the via2 plugin? Many have reported it working, but it kills my MT 2.76. Still waiting for the 08 key, but it should 'half work'!

It's on the via 1&2 section on TCD if you don't have it yet.

If your Aladin.dll is MD compliant, it should work in MT.

K

kalamar

I have put 9.35 on the back burner never could find any channel list to click and help is non existant for multidec it seems.

colbit

Reaction score
I have it running pretty well any questions let me know and I 'll send all the files I'm using and instructions.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
adasil2002 said:
Is there a way of adding a new satellite to the preset list of myheatre? Let's say, I would like to include Pas7/10...I tryied to find it on the preset list witout success....
Regards,
Sure, just type the azimuth and satellite name in the boxes at bottom left of the window, and click "Add".

Then just select the new satellite on the left and add the transponder details at bottom right in a similar way, and your done.

Easy when you know how ;)

adasil2002

Reaction score
BGonaSTICK said:
Sure, just type the azimuth and satellite name in the boxes at bottom left of the window, and click "Add".

Then just select the new satellite on the left and add the transponder details at bottom right in a similar way, and your done.

Easy when you know how ;)
Nice to talk to you again...Just check how it opens!!! I cann't see the box that you are talking about...O-Ha

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Right-click the main window (left hand side, not the channel list) then choose "LNB/DiSEqC settings & Scan".

A whole new world of things to break!

adasil2002

Reaction score
Lol.....ridiculous my question!!!!? SORRY...I would never imagine being this way....that why USER MANUAL is always needed.....lol....lol....lol....

roboamo

Reaction score
This plugin (CAPI_Sample.dll)
stevenpc said:
can anyone help me ive just installed ss2 card with latest drivers have been trying to use prg dvb but get[ error filter not found elecard mpeg2 ideo decoder]chan opens pik freezes sound 4 couple secs then no sound.links for my theatre not working

kalamar

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
How does this new plug "CAPI" work? anyone gottum de details?