Nokia dbox help(no satellite)

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
2cvbloke said:
The dbox is quite old by today's standards, and probably would do no better than as a Freesat box would. The DVB2000 software used to be able to open a lot of channels, but as time has progressed and providers increased the encryption of their channels, it's become less able to do anything due to the slow power of the box, so it's not really worth the money... :)

That is all assuming it is the satellite version, if it is a c*ble version, it's a no go on this forum... :)

Hello 2cvbloke,
It is interesting what you wrote that DVB2000 software used to be able to open a lot of channels.
Do you remember how this was done?
Cheers :)

Low Profile

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HD, DM7000 80GB HD with Asus WL330 wifi + 2GB usb drive, Skystar2.3, 2.2m Kinhuge Dish with Inverto LNB and Invacom ADF-120 feedhorn. Pace 1.3.25 and 80cm for Sky.
My Location
Lot, Dordogne, Correze border.
HB13DISH said:
Hello 2cvbloke,
It is interesting what you wrote that DVB2000 software used to be able to open a lot of channels.
Do you remember how this was done?
Cheers :)

The original Dboxes were often fitted with Amon cams (I think 5.4 was the last version). With a correctly programmed Funcard (4 from recollection) with the latest keys, these could open various channels. TPS and Multivision were popular in the day - before they changed their encryption.
There were subsequent projects such as Samantha and Wanissa that continued to develop emulation using titanium cards, these may still open one or two bouquets (but I can't confirm that).

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Low Profile said:
The original Dboxes were often fitted with Amon cams (I think 5.4 was the last version). With a correctly programmed Funcard (4 from recollection) with the latest keys, these could open various channels. TPS and Multivision were popular in the day - before they changed their encryption.
There were subsequent projects such as Samantha and Wanissa that continued to develop emulation using titanium cards, these may still open one or two bouquets (but I can't confirm that).

Thanks Low Profile. :)
Was thinking of testing Nokia 9200S which has DVB2000, but it is not really worth if it involves CAMs and cards.

Low Profile

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HD, DM7000 80GB HD with Asus WL330 wifi + 2GB usb drive, Skystar2.3, 2.2m Kinhuge Dish with Inverto LNB and Invacom ADF-120 feedhorn. Pace 1.3.25 and 80cm for Sky.
My Location
Lot, Dordogne, Correze border.
Some 9200's (or should that be 9500's) had a very sensitive receiver, and could pull in signals that other receivers couldn't. For unencrypted 4:2:0 feeds they might still do a job.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Low Profile said:
Some 9200's (or should that be 9500's) had a very sensitive receiver, and could pull in signals that other receivers couldn't. For unencrypted 4:2:0 feeds they might still do a job.

Thanks for tip Low Profile. :)
I am not sure what is a 4:2:0 feeds. Are there any on Hot Bird satellite?