NTV International on Dreambox versus SS2

T_G

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Messages
6,651
Likes
215
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
#1
For some reason I can watch NTV international with my SS2 card but not on my Dreambox. I use the same dish and LNB (the SS2 is connected through the Dreambox), so I can see the same channels on both at the same time. it works with other channels but not this.
It does my head in as I get a reasonable reception with the computer, but the Dreambox does not get a lock. Any ideas?
 
BGonaSTICK

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Messages
5,145
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
#2
I'll check mine tomorow m8. Bit late now. ;)
 
H

haggard

Regular Member
Messages
467
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
#3
T_G said:
For some reason I can watch NTV international with my SS2 card but not on my Dreambox. I use the same dish and LNB (the SS2 is connected through the Dreambox), so I can see the same channels on both at the same time. it works with other channels but not this.
It does my head in as I get a reasonable reception with the computer, but the Dreambox does not get a lock. Any ideas?
T_G
it's just got to be DB tuner sensitivity hasn't it?
Lock is lost within 1dB with digital tuners, whereas analogue takes 2-3 dB to disappear into snow.
So it looks like your SS2 threshold is at least 1dB lower than DB. Then NTV Int is between the two thresholds, below DB and just above SS2.

But why would not getting NTV Int do your head in. . . . .
 
BGonaSTICK

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Messages
5,145
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
#4
T_G said:
For some reason I can watch NTV international with my SS2 card but not on my Dreambox. I use the same dish and LNB (the SS2 is connected through the Dreambox), so I can see the same channels on both at the same time. it works with other channels but not this.
It does my head in as I get a reasonable reception with the computer, but the Dreambox does not get a lock. Any ideas?
Sorry geezer, trying to do too many things at the same time. My channel listings are in a bit of a mess ATM. I have NTV channels on three sats, but none of them called NTV international!

What satellite and freq etc?
 
T_G

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Messages
6,651
Likes
215
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
#5
@haggard: The reason NTV int is important as it is currently the only FTA station showing the one thing that really interests me. As I suspect that TPS will at one stage disappear into a murky cloud of unbreakable encryption I got to be prepared :cool:


@ Nasti : on my SS2 I got it twice, both working on the Eurasiasat and Turksat (see screenshots)
On my digibox I got also the NTV int, but does not show. I get other channels on the Dreambox from Turk/eurasiasat.
 

Attachments

T_G

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Messages
6,651
Likes
215
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
#6
Also, here is a screenshot of the settings from the Dreambox I took with the Dreamboxedit prog.

Mazbe it has to do with the pids and videao etc, but I haven't got a clue what to put in as it seems to be different for the SS2 and the dreambox. But for that I got you expert guys to help me out!!!
 

Attachments

john_graydon

john_graydon

Regular Member
Messages
2,219
Likes
3
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
#7
T_G said:
@haggard: The reason NTV int is important as it is currently the only FTA station showing the one thing that really interests me. As I suspect that TPS will at one stage disappear into a murky cloud of unbreakable encryption I got to be prepared :cool:


@ Nasti : on my SS2 I got it twice, both working on the Eurasiasat and Turksat (see screenshots)
On my digibox I got also the NTV int, but does not show. I get other channels on the Dreambox from Turk/eurasiasat.
Im getting NTV international on DB. When the Fta matches come on it switches its beam to East. So no premier matches shown.
 
T_G

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Messages
6,651
Likes
215
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
#8
john_graydon said:
Im getting NTV international on DB. When the Fta matches come on it switches its beam to East. So no premier matches shown.
Can you make a screenshot of the settings you have for NTV or upload your settings file here?

Cheers!
 
H

haggard

Regular Member
Messages
467
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
#9
T_G said:
@haggard: The reason NTV int is important as it is currently the only FTA station showing the one thing that really interests me. As I suspect that TPS will at one stage disappear into a murky cloud of unbreakable encryption I got to be prepared :cool:

ah
that NTV

I agree the murk will come one day.
But won't the new wave of honest incorruptible EC commissioners, to be voted in or out this Wed, finally sort out sans frontiers TV and let us all buy subscriptions from whatever country as the same cost as locals? And put an end to the huge profits made by people selling on official cards? And then we wouldn't need scams and keys. But then I nominate this sentence for naff comment of the week.
 
T_G

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Messages
6,651
Likes
215
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
#10
haggard said:
T_G ah that NTV I agree the murk will come one day. But won said:
Well, I know that for many people the situation is conveniant as it allows them some clear conscience when watching encrypted TV from another country. I do believe however that many would continue to do so even if it was sudenly legal/easy to do. I must say that for many years when I was still in the UK I did not have Sky as I could not afford it, and the situation has not changed that much. Of course I could go and pay 35 squid a month, but that is money I need for other stuff. It is not a matter of life and death, those 35 quid, but it seems too much. The wife would be very upset...

So I myself probably would continue to watch ManU games on whatever station possible even if I theoretically could get it sorted otherwise as long as the prices stay sa they are (or if I hit a windfall of some sort). But also, I sort of convinced myself that if it is flying through the air, into my garden, onto my dish (that happens to be there) it is my right to try and and watch it ... ;)
 
john_graydon

john_graydon

Regular Member
Messages
2,219
Likes
3
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
#11
T_G said:
Can you make a screenshot of the settings you have for NTV or upload your settings file here?

Cheers!
Where are they stored and Ill see if i can do it.
 
T_G

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Messages
6,651
Likes
215
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
#12
@John shame on you asking that question :) !! Read the Idiot gude regarding backup of channel lists (it might be a good idea anyway, saves you having to scann for channels every time you put a new image on.) http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showpost.php?p=123374&postcount=4

Basicaly you will need to zip the following files, see a sample in this thread : http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showpost.php?p=147018&postcount=10

To make a screenshot of the channel you want to screenshot, go to the dreambox, and press the screeninfo button, then you need to connect to your computer through your webbrowser (again, see the idiot guide for how to), and get a screenshot of the TV screen...
 
john_graydon

john_graydon

Regular Member
Messages
2,219
Likes
3
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
#13
T_G said:
@John shame on you asking that question :) !! Read the Idiot gude regarding backup of channel lists (it might be a good idea anyway, saves you having to scann for channels every time you put a new image on.) http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showpost.php?p=123374&postcount=4

Basicaly you will need to zip the following files, see a sample in this thread : http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showpost.php?p=147018&postcount=10

To make a screenshot of the channel you want to screenshot, go to the dreambox, and press the screeninfo button, then you need to connect to your computer through your webbrowser (again, see the idiot guide for how to), and get a screenshot of the TV screen...
Never got around to doing that as could not get dream box edit to open so left it to come back to again. I must have moved it or done something stupid to it. Will deleat it and download again and see if i can get into it.
 
H

haggard

Regular Member
Messages
467
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
#14
T_G said:
It is not a matter of life and death, those 35 quid, but it seems too much. The wife would be very upset...

So I myself probably would continue to watch ManU games on whatever station possible even if I theoretically could get it sorted otherwise as long as the prices stay as they are ;)
I will go along with you there. Indeed in 1999 I went on radio to argue against encryption for pretty well the reasons you say.
I didnt ask them to beam their stuff into my garden. It can never be illegal for an individual to decode the stuff any more than it would be illegal to read a new book that someone tossed over the hedge. But I do get pissed off by people making money out of the situation with very little input. And making it cross border and cheaper as a result of competition is what EC/EU is supposed to be about. It all ought to be cheaper. Sky's prices are beyond belief and they stuff us through their monopoly. So if I could buy premiership foot with guaranteed ManU every game for (say) a tenner a month from Latvia, where the money is worth something, then I suspect Sky's prices might drop a bit. That's why they keep their monopoly.
 
T_G

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Messages
6,651
Likes
215
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
#15
haggard said:
I will go along with you there. Indeed in 1999 I went on radio to argue against encryption for pretty well the reasons you say.
I didnt ask them to beam their stuff into my garden. It can never be illegal for an individual to decode the stuff any more than it would be illegal to read a new book that someone tossed over the hedge. But I do get pissed off by people making money out of the situation with very little input. And making it cross border and cheaper as a result of competition is what EC/EU is supposed to be about. It all ought to be cheaper. Sky's prices are beyond belief and they stuff us through their monopoly. So if I could buy premiership foot with guaranteed ManU every game for (say) a tenner a month from Latvia, where the money is worth something, then I suspect Sky's prices might drop a bit. That's why they keep their monopoly.
Well said!!!
 
T_G

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Messages
6,651
Likes
215
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
#16
john_graydon said:
Never got around to doing that as could not get dream box edit to open so left it to come back to again. I must have moved it or done something stupid to it. Will deleat it and download again and see if i can get into it.
This may be a long shot, but here it is: I once downloaded a program (maybe it was dreambox edit, who knows) and opened it from where I downloaded it. It opened up, no problem. Then I moved the whole thing to a different directory (as I was cleaning up my desktop), and the bloody thing did not work at all anymore. I got some error messages, and solved the problem by going to the regedit something. Tell us what the error message is or what the problem is and we will try to help you out. Having Dreamboxedit or similar is a very good thing to have....
 
BGonaSTICK

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Messages
5,145
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
#17
T_G said:
Well said!!!
Yep, I'm right behind you guys. I didn't ask for this potentially cancer-inducing sh!t to be beamed onto my kids heads. At least let them watch your movies and Prem. footie while you're poisoning them!!!

... Hmmm, maybe a bit strong, but I'm 'in the mood' tonight!
 
E

easysat

Regular Member
Messages
323
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S + motorised 80cm dish, Amstrad DRX550 Digibox + fixed dish
My Location
pj::
#18
haggard said:
I didnt ask them to beam their stuff into my garden. It can never be illegal for an individual to decode the stuff any more than it would be illegal to read a new book that someone tossed over the hedge.
Well I understand the sentiment but the my home is my castle argument doesn't wash in a lot of areas. Tuning into wireless has always been controlled by the government even when broadcasts weren't encrypted. And some legal expert correct me if I a m wrong, but I think if you put a ladder up against your wall in your garden and you climbed up it to get a better view of what the neighbours are getting up to in their bedroom you'd probably be breaking some law or other and it's no good saying they should have drawn the curtains!
 
BGonaSTICK

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Messages
5,145
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
#19
I think the point being made here is one of moral rights, and not legal rights.

The legal system in this country is pathetic, but still better than most.

I just wish they would stop introducing stupid 'nannying' laws which just serve to p!ss people off. I personally just try to live by my own laws, and if they don't happen to marry up the the Government's version, then so be it. I don't even really want to know what they are.
 
T_G

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Messages
6,651
Likes
215
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
#20
easysat said:
Well I understand the sentiment but the my home is my castle argument doesn't wash in a lot of areas. Tuning into wireless has always been controlled by the government even when broadcasts weren't encrypted. And some legal expert correct me if I a m wrong, but I think if you put a ladder up against your wall in your garden and you climbed up it to get a better view of what the neighbours are getting up to in their bedroom you'd probably be breaking some law or other and it's no good saying they should have drawn the curtains!
Just put up a webcam ans start broadcasting it on the Internet :p
 
Top