Advice Needed On a new actuator please

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hi, Jaeger actuators, anything as good out there please without breaking the bank, also a good place to source genuine Jaeger actuators cheaper than the known sources please.

gibertini

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HDSE SIM 2.10 80CM ORBITAL FIXED@28.2E
My Location
53.6N 2.4W
hm-sat sell the genuine artical(i have one here from them) and so do sss but add the usual 30% to the price. if its to push the 1.8m you might be better off getting the heavy duty version but not cheap

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
I bought a couple from HM Sat but they were SuperPowerJacks not Jaeger (I suspect these don't exist for the same reason 1224 motors don't exist). No issues with them though. A 24" heavy duty jack is freaking massive! It's bigger than a normal 36" one. I suspect it might be a bit of an overkill but might be best to over engineer here.

Last edited:

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
The guy I use for supplies over here has a 24" heavy duty actuator for €68 and a 36" for €74

Code:
http://www.2galli.fr/verins,fr,3,211.cfm

Last edited by a moderator:

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
I have 36" heavy duty actuator, unpacked but never been installed. Do dot remember how much did I pay for that, but if there is urgent need for you Martin I could sell it to you for same money. You think about shipment method.
add: Found the picture

Attachments

• 2actuators.JPG
    2actuators.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 64

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
I have 36" heavy duty actuator, unpacked but never been installed. Do dot remember how much did I pay for that, but if there is urgent need for you Martin I could sell it to you for same money. You think about shipment method.
add: Found the picture

Thank you Rimants, but i will get one from a shop as i will have some warrenty that way, but many thanks for the kind offer :).
It will be a 36 inch heavy duty type i will be getting, ive read about so many clones about, i might get one from satellitesuperstore they claim to sell genuine ones ?.

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
A

Archive-8

The 18" jack I have came from hisat, it was advertised as a power jack. But when it turns up it was a superpower jack.

A 24" jack heavy duty on Hisat is £98.40 inc vat.

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Blimey Martin, not exactly cheap are they?

No not cheap Pete, but I have had two clones now and they are noisy and have play in them:(.

The 18" jack I have came from hisat, it was advertised as a power jack. But when it turns up it was a superpower jack.

A 24" jack heavy duty on Hisat is £98.40 inc vat.

That's the problem I have had in the past Chris, I don't mind paying the right price for a genuine item. but not the right price for a clone :eek:.

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
I don't mind paying the right price for a genuine item. but not the right price for a clone
I would be very interested to get know how to differentiate original actuator from clone. I think that sometimes it is possible to get clone from any shop. Perhaps, they are not producing original products anymore and all products we are getting today are at same quality :-doh
Perhaps, best way to get original, good quality product is tu get second-hand and renovate it.

zorbua

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD
Dreambox 800se
Dreambox 900UHD
Clark Tech 5000 HD
Numerous other receivers (Retired)
Dish Gibertini 1.5 M
Dishes Gibertini 1.2 x2
Dish Gibertini 1 M
My Location
Malta
No not cheap Pete, but I have had two clones now and they are noisy and have play in them:(.

That's the problem I have had in the past Chris, I don't mind paying the right price for a genuine item. but not the right price for a clone :eek:.

Martin just thought of telling you in May I bought a 24'' Superjack from satellitesuperstore costed me 69.95 quid plus shipping to Malta another 45 quid -
cause I wanted a genuine one (I have another SuperJack which is a clone bought locally) This Genuine one has from the start making an awful noise although it works Ok whilst the clone one works rather smoothly. Another thing with the Genuine one is that when I give it a command to go from one Sat to another it takes about 10 secs to get the signal processed and then starts moving, reason being unknown. Just be careful mate.

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
when I give it a command to go from one Sat to another it takes about 10 secs to get the signal processed and then starts moving, reason being unknown
Are you sure it is actuator's problem not positioner?

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Martin just thought of telling you in May I bought a 24'' Superjack from satellitesuperstore costed me 69.95 quid plus shipping to Malta another 45 quid -
cause I wanted a genuine one (I have another SuperJack which is a clone bought locally) This Genuine one has from the start making an awful noise although it works Ok whilst the clone one works rather smoothly. Another thing with the Genuine one is that when I give it a command to go from one Sat to another it takes about 10 secs to get the signal processed and then starts moving, reason being unknown. Just be careful mate.

Thank you zorbua, anyone used the types below, how they perform/any clones of this type please.
http://catalog.vincor.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VE-MAXI
http://catalog.vincor.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=TS-7822239

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
At least 5x more expensive, should be original! But, will they last 5x longer.... I do not think so. Question of noisiness is also questionable.
Joke again:
In one big party you can drink much less than in two small parties :-rofl2

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
I think a 36" HD is a real overkill for a 1.8m dish. It will be absolutely massive and longer than 36" (my 24" HD is longer than a standard 36"). 36" are for dishes .. really over 3 metres or so. Just don't want you spending money on something you don't necessarily need.

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
I think a 36" HD is a real overkill for a 1.8m dish. It will be absolutely massive and longer than 36" (my 24" HD is longer than a standard 36"). 36" are for dishes .. really over 3 metres or so. Just don't want you spending money on something you don't necessarily need.

Thank you Alex, but I will be getting a 36inch, just in case I do end up with a clone,

I am unsure if you have tried to hit the full arc with a 24inch clone, after so much travel out it just goes daft and moves an inch at a time, I am unable to lock 60W due to this without putting the actuator on the other side, then I cant get 62E for the same reason, the clones are a load of crap when you have a big arc :(.

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
Martin! Perhaps, fact you are not getting 62*E-60*W arc on 24" actuator, does not mean it is impossible. I would say it is possible even with 18"actuator. Question here is about adjusting actuator to the proper holes on mount and dish.
With 18-incher I hit arc 30*W-90*E easily and could go to 45*W-96,5*E if I had not obstacles on the horizon.
Of course, with 36" actuator you will be able to get H-H and with more strength reserve. Take in account 36-incher goes from one end to other in ~2 minutes.

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Martin! Perhaps, fact you are not getting 62*E-60*W arc on 24" actuator, does not mean it is impossible. I would say it is possible even with 18"actuator. Question here is about adjusting actuator to the proper holes on mount and dish.
With 18-incher I hit arc 30*W-90*E easily and could go to 45*W-96,5*E if I had not obstacles on the horizon.
Of course, with 36" actuator you will be able to get H-H and with more strength reserve. Take in account 36-incher goes from one end to other in ~2 minutes.

Thank you Rimants, we have had this discussion in the past, along with me wanting a 36 inch actuator, I wont change my mind to what I want but many thanks for your input,

Thank you zorbua, anyone used the types below, how they perform/any clones of this type please.
http://catalog.vincor.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VE-MAXI
http://catalog.vincor.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=TS-7822239

Anyone used the above types please.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga