Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB 500s
SamsungP-CI/Viaccess embedded
Irdeto CAM
SA D 9835/Powervu
My Location
Deutschland/Großbritannien
I have SA d 9835 business reciever got off the e bay.It has powervu encryption!!nd any of you guys know about getting authorisation for channels on hotbird and other EU satellites??(ofcourse i know that they only authorise to headends..but i am asking any otherways?or possibly a hack??
Cheers:)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You cant . Theres no known hacks for PowerVu - its about the most secure system out..

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
I don't understand why not European providers run PowerVu, it must be the most secure system right now.

claasi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
105 cm motor dish with 75E to 45 W - Openbox 820 CI
My Location
Germany- Munich
Likvid said:
I don't understand why not European providers run PowerVu, it must be the most secure system right now.

Don't give them such a hint or do you want to sell your CAM ;)

I would assume that the hack is not available because the channels are not really attractive to viewers. And it is not really a major encryption. Why bother with this, and there is no business involved for commercial hackers here.

frund

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
triax 1.1 tm 1500ci+ dm patch. Moteck 2100. Intel 4300 based pc . LG7500. 32" lcd
My Location
Wales. UK.
I would be interested to know about PowerVu and receivers can we purchase the necessary package here in the UK. We may have to do this before tooo long anyway.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
frund said:
I would be interested to know about PowerVu and receivers can we purchase the necessary package here in the UK. We may have to do this before tooo long anyway.

Its an professional grade ultra secure system used mainly for broadcaster head ends. There arent any packages as such, just a few channels scattered around the orbital arc using it. The biggest users are AFN on 13E

Just about the only supply of receivers are secondhand off ebay - and almost all of them have been deactivated for the service they were authorised for. The one or two that turn up go for silly money - the last working AFN one offered was starting at 400 quid.

And no you cant buy the AFN package. - You have to be in the Yankee war machine to get hold of one.

lloyd21

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fibo 90cm-Maybe the only one in Japan!!!
My Location
Japan
Analoguesat is right...I have one for AFN. There is a UA and TID number for each receiver and is directly linked to a "chip" inside your box and activated in Atlanta, Georgia USA by Scientific Atlanta, the only way to get authorization for AFN (most popular) is to have affiliation with the US military...or clone a authorized chip.
If you have affiliation with the US military subscription is $25 a month for ~10 channels and a few radio stations

cologne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB 500s
Irdeto CAM
SA D 9835/Powervu
My Location
lloyd21 said:
Analoguesat is right...I have one for AFN. There is a UA and TID number for each receiver and is directly linked to a "chip" inside your box and activated in Atlanta, Georgia USA by Scientific Atlanta, the only way to get authorization for AFN (most popular) is to have affiliation with the US military...or clone a authorized chip.
If you have affiliation with the US military subscription is $25 a month for ~10 channels and a few radio stations

Are you sure you have to pay.. if you are a military personnel??I dont think so..
_https://pvconnect.net/"]https://pvconnect.net/
this is where you authorise for AFRTS.Also, it is not authorised bu SA, but by Broadcast Center in California, at DSN 312-348-1339 or commercial at 951.413.2339.
Regards
:)

lloyd21

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Japan
Im positive, I have had it for ~2 years...and that's what I pay every month. A new provision has been put in place since November 2005 to make it free....but as of today I still pay....let me re-phrase that we do in Japan on NSS6.
I did'nt go through that PVconnect, I had it before the "Talking Turtle" or whatever that thing is on the commercial.

cologne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB 500s
Irdeto CAM
SA D 9835/Powervu
My Location
No i wasent saying that you are wrong buddy..but i thought it was like that..Plz forgive me as i am not a native english speaker( speaking only for 3 yrs now), i am really deutsch:)

lloyd21

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Japan
Oh no, no problem I did'nt take it that way....Im not a person to take things seriously off a internet forum....I was just sharing with my experience....some may people infact be getting AFRTS free, I can only tell your from my expereince.

giver

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Let me add couple things about powervu.
It is wrong to say it is only used by just a few channels in the arc.
In the domestic sats in the american continent there might be around 1500 channels using powervu.
Just check Lyngsat.
I agree it is not for the end user,but commercial purposes.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Yes my SA was apparently authorised for some US cable channels, but not having access to them here, I couldn't check on its validity.

Llew

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
giver said:
Let me add couple things about powervu.
It is wrong to say it is only used by just a few channels in the arc.
In the domestic sats in the american continent there might be around 1500 channels using powervu.
Just check Lyngsat.
I agree it is not for the end user,but commercial purposes.

I was referring to the European part of the arc.

Above Europe there must be 2 or 3 dozen or so channels using PowerVu..

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
I had a couple of old Orbit receivers made made by SA. Orbit was power vu ,dont know if they still are.Could anything be done to them?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
zorba said:
I had a couple of old Orbit receivers made made by SA. Orbit was power vu ,dont know if they still are.Could anything be done to them?

Fill them with concrete and use them as door stops? ;)

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
:-rofl2 aahah you crack me up.Actually they're big heavy sods anyway.I could put them under my wheels when i park on a hill :D

EgyptDUDE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
have a 2.40 m Amercian monster + truman Gold starsat + NeotionBox3000 + Mvision + DragonX
My Location
Egypt
zorba said:

yeah they were funny old ones
u mean the PV analouge orbit ?

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
egyptstud said:
yeah they were funny old ones
u mean the PV analouge orbit ?

No,digital

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
I have a old Scientific Atlanta B-Mac decoder i used back in 1988 for AFN on 1West in C-band.