progdvb in linux

U

user001

My Satellite Setup
progdvb
hi people!! I have a litle question.. it's possivel to use progdvb in linux?? anyone try it? maybe it's better.. i have a skystar2..

M

maxwell80

My Satellite Setup
skystar2
My Location
portugal
I'm also trying to do the same. Have you done it? I'm thinking of using vdr, but i don't know how to use my skystar 2 with hispasat... :(

S

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

My Location
scotland
maxwell80 said:
I'm also trying to do the same. Have you done it? I'm thinking of using vdr, but i don't know how to use my skystar 2 with hispasat... :(

i tried to get my sat card going in linux but i couldnt get it to be seen by the computer so i gave up :(

Gone back to xp but im not using my sat much at the moment anyway though it would be nice to get it running in linux at some point.

B

bifferos

My Satellite Setup
1.2 Metre Dish, Channel Master H-H mount, ACME Actuator, Skystar2, PIII-600MHz
My Location
UK
user001 said:
hi people!! I have a litle question.. it's possivel to use progdvb in linux?? anyone try it? maybe it's better.. i have a skystar2..
Skystar2 works fine under Linux. If you don't want the hassle of installing vdr, then use dvbstream in combination with mplayer. It's not so good for channel-hoping, but it does work!

O

OldBen

Mad Scientist
My Satellite Setup
Triax TD110 with multi LNB 28.5E, 23.5E, 19E, 13E Inverto Black Ultra's (Black Premium on 28.5) into multiswitch. VU+ Duo. Emitor Satlook Lite meter.(Retired: Technomate 1500CI+, Moteck DG2100 DisEqC Motor, Metronic 85cm Clear Dish, Invacom 0.3db LNB
My Location
UK
maxwell80 said:
I am not using sat on the PC, yet, but am investigating and with my DVB-T cards I use Kaffiene (part of KDE suite) as this support DVB-T and also DVB-S cards as well.

Give Kaffiene a try, should do it all for you, or as bifferos suggests you can use it with mPlayer/dvbstream which is a good way to test its working!

Bifferos, do yo use DiSEqc with your SkyStar under Linux? I was going to buy a Huappauge Nova-S-Plus but the Linux driver is missing the DiSEqC code in the driver to steer a dish :(

Paul.