Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Twinhan DTV Sat-CI 1034
Raven 8ocm Dish
Moteck sg-2100A
(New)Technomate 1500CI
My Location
Netherton, West Midlands
Hello all, I am currently running twinhanDTV program and picking up all the satellites and channels I want. I would now like to use ProgDVB I have read a few threads and worked through the Idiots Guide. I have had a few problems and managed to get around them, but it keeps coming up with the Error message Device nto started. I have worked through the list of devices, some let me go abit further than others, some crash and I uninstall and re Install. I have read alittle about BDA and WMA but still don't quite get the jist.

Can anyone please advise, I did search last night and there is a member who 's running the same PC Card and ProgDVB so there must be a way.

Many thanks

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
TheBozz said:
Hello all, I am currently running twinhanDTV program and picking up all the satellites and channels I want. I would now like to use ProgDVB I have read a few threads and worked through the Idiots Guide. I have had a few problems and managed to get around them, but it keeps coming up with the Error message Device nto started. I have worked through the list of devices, some let me go abit further than others, some crash and I uninstall and re Install. I have read alittle about BDA and WMA but still don't quite get the jist.

Can anyone please advise, I did search last night and there is a member who 's running the same PC Card and ProgDVB so there must be a way.

Many thanks

Which kind of PC are you using ? Please give details.

Which version of ProgDVB did you install ?
Also, try an older version of ProgDVB ex. 4.51.3 and see if this helps

TheBozz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Twinhan DTV Sat-CI 1034
Raven 8ocm Dish
Moteck sg-2100A
(New)Technomate 1500CI
My Location
Netherton, West Midlands
I'm currently running it on a Dell Dimension 2400 (Intel Celeron 2.4Ghz) with Win XP Pro + SP2, and I have downloaded the latest ProgDVB 5 and also tried running ProgDVB 4.

dodo_sm

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
new to satellites
My Location
meddile east
i have also same problem

any body can help us

TheBozz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Twinhan DTV Sat-CI 1034
Raven 8ocm Dish
Moteck sg-2100A
(New)Technomate 1500CI
My Location
Netherton, West Midlands
Hi Guys, after downloading different versions of ProgDVB I came up with the one that recognises my Twinhan SAT-CI 1034 PC Card. ProgDVB5[1].09.2TestStd - Excellent! I'm now continuing with the rest of the Idiot's guide to installing progDVB, but unfortunately I'm on a time limit and have to keep Wife Happy, but I will update you later with my findings.

I hope this helps dodo_sm

dodi

Reaction score
i am also in the same boat .i have amd 3.8 with 1gb ram and 256 ati display card after installing the progdvb i got the message device not started skystar2, but my dvbdream is running like a dream on same pc please help me

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
dodi said:
i am also in the same boat .i have amd 3.8 with 1gb ram and 256 ati display card after installing the progdvb i got the message device not started skystar2, but my dvbdream is running like a dream on same pc please help me

You can't have both dvbdream and ProgDVB running at the same time.
Also shut down all other windows applications since the PC Card needs a lot of resources.

Assuming that you have installed the PC Card correctly:
Close dvbdream, restart your PC and open ProgDVB and if you still have the same problem, try installing other versions until you find one that works nicely on your machine.

member91040

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
Newer Version of Prog Dvb can support BDA Drivers too, But here in new version of Prog dvb there is a crashes and its not satable, If you use other Applications it could run fine, I prefer Maximum WDM Drivers, Bec...! Older version all come underplay.

Refer Old thread to Kick start the prog dvb.

dodi

Reaction score
HB13DISH said:
You can't have both dvbdream and ProgDVB running at the same time.
Also shut down all other windows applications since the PC Card needs a lot of resources.

Assuming that you have installed the PC Card correctly:
Close dvbdream, restart your PC and open ProgDVB and if you still have the same problem, try installing other versions until you find one that works nicely on your machine.

thanks my friend for the advice i will try this method too.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
dodi said:
thanks my friend for the advice i will try this method too.

Thanks. Just let us know if you get it to work OK and what was the problem.
Also, if you don't succeed, try moving the card to another available PCI slot if you have one or exchange with another PCI card.
Good Luck.:)

dodi

Reaction score
HB13DISH said:
Thanks. Just let us know if you get it to work OK and what was the problem.
Also, if you don't succeed, try moving the card to another available PCI slot if you have one or exchange with another PCI card.
Good Luck.:)

bad luck for me, i uninstall dvbdream, and install progdvb ver 5 but got the same message device not started then i put the card in another pci slot but same problem, any other idea?

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
dodi said:
bad luck for me, i uninstall dvbdream, and install progdvb ver 5 but got the same message device not started then i put the card in another pci slot but same problem, any other idea?

Hi dodi,

I didn't suggest to uninstall the dvbdream, only to close it if it is on perhaps by default for example when the PC is started after shutdown.

If you look back in this thread, you will see that I suggested in post #2 to use an older version of progDVB 4.51.3 since any other version didn't work well for me.
So version 5 might even be worse.

Try to download v4.51.3 it and install it.
If this doesn't help, then you might have a problem with the display drivers for your display card or even your machine.
Which ATI card are you using ?

dodi

Reaction score
HB13DISH said:
Hi dodi,

Try to download v4.51.3 it and install it.
If this doesn't help, then you might have a problem with the display drivers for your display card or even your machine.
Which ATI card are you using ?

Ok my friend i will do as you said,will install older ver of progdvb, i am usung radeon x-1900gt 256 Mb card and its ok working very good ,even i am using dvbdream and no problem in it

dodi

Reaction score
my friend yesterday i install progdvb ver 4,26 and 4.76 both are giving error device not started(skystar2).
So i think progdvb will not work on my machine.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
dodi said:
my friend yesterday i install progdvb ver 4,26 and 4.76 both are giving error device not started(skystar2).
So i think progdvb will not work on my machine.

This is very odd. There must be a good logical explaination.
Did you download all these versions from the ProgDVB official site and you are sure that it is the full install version ?

Here is the official download page:

http://www.progdvb.com/download_progdvb4x.html

I don't see version 4.76 that you mentioned above on this list so maybe you are getting it from another website ?

Don't give up, you will get there in the end :)

By the way, sometimes there is the option of Hardware Install or Software Install. With Hardware Install it doesn't work for me.
Did you try both options ?

Also go over the system requirements list and see if your system meets all of them.
http://www.progdvb.com/requirements.html

Hint: I don't see AMD there only Intel.

Check also the drivers page

http://www.progdvb.com/drivers.html

dodi

Reaction score
HB13DISH said:
This is very odd. There must be a good logical explaination.
Did you download all these versions from the ProgDVB official site and you are sure that it is the full install version ?

Here is the official download page:

http://www.progdvb.com/download_progdvb4x.html

I don't see version 4.76 that you mentioned above on this list so maybe you are getting it from another website ?

Don't give up, you will get there in the end :)

By the way, sometimes there is the option of Hardware Install or Software Install. With Hardware Install it doesn't work for me.
Did you try both options ?

Also go over the system requirements list and see if your system meets all of them.
http://www.progdvb.com/requirements.html

Hint: I don't see AMD there only Intel.

Check also the drivers page

http://www.progdvb.com/drivers.html

Ok my friend i will try this also

nowready

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox DM800SE;
moteck diseqc rotor 90 cm ;
analog rotor 133 cm prime focus;aston diseqc2analog rotor converter;stab mp02 rotor control;
My Location
The Hague The Nederlands
TwinhanDTV

Digital terrestrial tv , I think
Am I right ?

patmos

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
STRONG SRT-4910+,SunRay4HDse,TBS5922, 2.4M P.F Apstar7(76.5 DEGE), 120cm dish PAS 10 Ku( 68.5 DEGE),3.0M Mesh Motorised dish on arc (AM44 (11DEGW) to AM33(96.5 DEGE),150 cm dish W3C(16 DeG E)+ side LNB Ew2A(10 DEGE),90cm W4/W7 (36 DEGE)
My Location
Mauritius
Hi dodi
I got same problem as you. I have a P4 Win XP SP2 sis 645 asus motherboard P4S333, SBLIVE with three partitions all running same OS. Skystar 2 could not be installed on my first( general purpose) drive. Yellow ? in device manager. I struggle but to no avail. I changed my mind and installed it on my third drive(audio drive) it worked. I said to myself that I must see what it would do on my second drive. unlike the first drive it got installed correctly( green in device manager) but receive error message "device could not be started". The pdf manual for my skystar 2 suggest unsinstall network adapters first, shutdown then remove one jumper on the board to short two points on it. restart and install as usual. This I have not tried as it is working on one drive with both DVBviewer and progDVB 4.85( known to be stable). I do not know your card may be a similar problem.
Progdvb 5.10 crashed at start and cause my pc to restart. I uninstall it. The remote is working with DVBViewer but i cannot figure out how to do it with progDVB.

dodi

Reaction score
patmos said:
Hi dodi
I got same problem as you. I have a P4 Win XP SP2 sis 645 asus motherboard P4S333, SBLIVE with three partitions all running same OS. Skystar 2 could not be installed on my first( general purpose) drive. Yellow ? in device manager. I struggle but to no avail. I changed my mind and installed it on my third drive(audio drive) it worked. I said to myself that I must see what it would do on my second drive. unlike the first drive it got installed correctly( green in device manager) but receive error message "device could not be started". The pdf manual for my skystar 2 suggest unsinstall network adapters first, shutdown then remove one jumper on the board to short two points on it. restart and install as usual. This I have not tried as it is working on one drive with both DVBviewer and progDVB 4.85( known to be stable). I do not know your card may be a similar problem.
Progdvb 5.10 crashed at start and cause my pc to restart. I uninstall it. The remote is working with DVBViewer but i cannot figure out how to do it with progDVB.

my friend i tried hard to install progdvb but fail. now i am using dvbdream 1.4 and its running very good

patmos

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
STRONG SRT-4910+,SunRay4HDse,TBS5922, 2.4M P.F Apstar7(76.5 DEGE), 120cm dish PAS 10 Ku( 68.5 DEGE),3.0M Mesh Motorised dish on arc (AM44 (11DEGW) to AM33(96.5 DEGE),150 cm dish W3C(16 DeG E)+ side LNB Ew2A(10 DEGE),90cm W4/W7 (36 DEGE)
My Location
Mauritius
Thank you dodi. I manage to make it work on my second drive also by uninstall and reinstall. But both progdvb 4.85 and technisat dvbviewer are working ok . I have not tried DVBDream.
It still failed to install correctly on my first drive where all my softs are. Yellow mark in device manager.