programming cards using a vxmulti

radioscanner

Reaction score
Well, one good thing.... I will be able to use the VxCardmaster software when I get the upgrade.

I will post a report when I have tested it.

thanks again to everyone.

radioscanner.

p.s.

whats the best website for codes?

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
This is excellent here

Thanks Tirosh, I suppose whatever works well is good. Interesting subject programming because there's nothing totally definitive about it.

rwabyr

Reaction score
Website
www.lycos.com
My Location
bedford.england
re vxmulti.
first tab fuses and use radio buttons to click on xt (external) & unprotected. Then tab eeprom & click on the second
text icon beneath edit. this brings up the saved hex files. first
program the eeprom file then click again on the text icon beneath
edit and program the pic file. All this is done having first set the
VxMulti on 8. I use the software that came with the VxM.
There is a window at the top right which shows you the
pic & eeprom combination. hope I am not too late with the posting.

radioscanner

Reaction score
Its never too late......

Anyway... I got the upgrade for my vxmulti yesterday so now I just use mode 7 for all types of card, it also now works with vxcardmaster software...well worth the 14 pounds.

radioscanner.

tirosh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3600IPVA
Channel Master 1.2M
VxMulti, MM1.04
My Location
Essex
Originally posted by radioscanner
Its never too late......

Anyway... I got the upgrade for my vxmulti yesterday so now I just use mode 7 for all types of card, it also now works with vxcardmaster software...well worth the 14 pounds.

radioscanner.

I did say it was going to make life a lot easier. Glad to see that you agree.

Tirosh.

B

BazelAd

Hi Guys,
I would love to make my life a bit easier with my vx multi, having just purchased a upgrade kit (version 6), but I just can not get it to register the licence.

I have sent and received e mails to the vx multi support team but appear to be getting nowhere with them. Basically when I try to register it keeps bouncing back to me invalid licence, I have tried everything I can from the help sections of the programmer but all to no avail, it seems to me there might be a problem with the software involved and the fact that my operating system is windows xp.

I was wondering if anyone else has had the same or a similar problem with trying to go the upgrade route?

The spooky thing is if I use the programmer through the vx multi software as opposed to the cardmaster software it works just fine, I programmed a gold card last night just to see if it was still working with the new chip in place, and all was well.:confused :confused :confused

Any help or advice desperately required as I am getting quite frustrated with it, to make matters worse when I removed the old chip I bent all the legs on it so returning the new chip for a refund is no longer an option.:(

tirosh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3600IPVA
Channel Master 1.2M
VxMulti, MM1.04
My Location
Essex
My registration for the upgrade went through without any problems (this was about 6 months ago).

XP is a red herring because I am also running XP.

The only thing I can suggest is to keep hassling Vx support.

Tirosh.

radioscanner

Reaction score
The Registration server has moved.
You will need to patch your existing executables to use the new server. Full details are at -
http://www.vxtools.com/acatalog/

I had to do the same thing about 4 or 5 weeks ago

let me know if it worked out ok!

radioman.

B

BazelAd

Hi guys thanks for the replies, Radioman I have patched the site so no problems on that front. Just not getting much joy with suggestions from vx support.

For now I will keep on hassling them and keep you posted.

radioscanner

Reaction score
OK..the only thing I can think of is to uninstall the vx software .. then check the registry to see if theres any values left..if so delete them! then re-boot and re-install the software and try unlock... dial up or LAN .... you can also check it on a friends pc to see if you get same results..let me know what happens.

radioman.

B

BazelAd

Hi guys, just recd another reply from vx support, I emailed them a copy of the licence that will not register. They are now saying it has a invalid checksum(????), they said that should not be possible and so are now checking to see what the problem might be by going through their software.

They said it will take them a couple of days to try and sort it so I guess I will have to be a bit more patient.

Anyone know what a checksum is?:( :confused :mad:

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
In a transmission, a checksum is the count of the number of bits in that transmission and is included in the file. The receiver of the transmission then looks at the count figure and checks that all the bits in the count have arrived to prove that the transmission is complete. Hence, checks the sum.

B

BazelAd

Thanks Jimbo, that would explain it then (I think), obviously what is being sent to my computer as the licence is somehow being corrupted and not regonised as a valid licence.

Lets hope they hurry up and sort it eh!!!

B

BazelAd

Hi guys,
Still no update from vx multi support as of yet, I am off to Norway (Hemsedal) for a couple of weeks skiing on Sunday 23/2 so it looks like its going to have to wait until I get back.

Of course it will RUIN my holiday wondering if I am ever going to get this sorted!!!:D :D :D

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Greater London
What! You mean you aren't taking the multi with you Barrie? ;)

B

BazelAd

Hi guys,

Got this from vx multi support:

Quote:
We have found the problem!

The chip that you were sent must have has a serial no greater than 1904-4999.
There was a corrupt section of the registration file on the remote
registration server starting at this serial no and running for several
hundred. When we tested this locally on our master server it worked fine so
gave us a bum steer. We have now repaired the file on the remote server and
it should now work fine. If you have not already returned the chip to us,
please try to register again and it should work fine.

Unfortunately you must have been the first to get this problem as we had two
more with the same problem at the end of last week. Sorry for the
inconvenience caused.

Support
Unquote:

So got there in the end, have programmed and tested my first card already and working just fine.

Thanks for help from members of this fine board.

:D :D

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Crumbs Barrie, that took a while, I hope its worth the wait.....Sounds like it. ;)

nova113

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Dublin,IRELAND
I Bought upgrade for VX Multi To Prog Funcards One Month Ago..Can prog gold cards no problem..But when prog funcards EEprom file will not load..VX Support says.This is a bug which affects some win98 machines it does not affect 2000 or XP..We will have an update for this soon..How soon ??..Anyone else having this problem..

B

BazelAd

Hi guys,

Nova113, this might sound obvious but worth asking anyway, are you using cardmaster s/w and running programmer on mode 7 for funcards?

Rolfw, yep your right it has been a long wait (about a month), but having tested the card last night it looks as if there are quite a few channels more on a fun card 4 than on the silver, and there are a lot more files available for fun cards than ds9 files.

So all in all it has been worthwhile being a bit patient.
:D :cool: