Programming Remote (JP1.2)

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500, Dreambox 600PVR, Dreambox 7025+, Dreambox 7000, 1m dish on a Moteck SG2100
My Location
NW England
I get now and next but only after doing a software update from within the setup menu. It then uses the epg cache to get the now and next info when the now and next is missing from the data stream.

j911

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500C UK DW V2.0 Gemini Image
My Location
UK
Hi guys,

Very informative post. I'm interested in the now and next feature you mentioned.

Is it possible to setup the dreambox remote on a 7025 to mimic a sky remote. So that the Volume always operates the tv volume...bouquet changes channels and the circle left-right shows now and next for neighbouring channels and up down scrolls through the channel epg.

Thanks in advance.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
That is not a function of the remote it is a function of the stb software and since a sky EPG is not obtainable in the same format on a DB then I would have thought that would be a no then

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo 250gig/ DreamElite BH 1.3.2 Multiboot

Dreambox 500s-(clone) / DM-600

Relook 400s 160 Gig-/SifTeam 1.93 e enigma

Foretec 90cm Dish with Nikkai Diseqc Motor- 2 sky+ receivers fixed 28.2 east.
My Location
Newtownabbey, near Belfast, Northern Ireland
Does anyone know how to factory reset a Dreambox 800 remote. It seems to have just died. Lighting up ok just not sending commands. Has stopped working on the Dreambox and the tv. Have tried putting my tv code in again. The remote accepts the code, blinks correctly when the code is entered but nothing. Coluld be dead inside me thinks. Did not drop it or anything it just stopped functioning.
Thanx

abis69

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
nada
My Location
spain
BonceChops said:
A bit more info.

There are 4 versions of Dreambox remote. You need to know which version of remote you have so you know which interface lead you need. If you look under the battery cover it should have a part number on the label. If you have more than one remote becareful you don't mix up the battery covers.

V1
Has 4 device slots and a JP1 interface

V2
Has 3 device slots and a JP1 interface

V3 URC-39730 B02
Has 4 device slots and a JP1 interface

V4 URC-39930BJ0 (URC-39930RJ0-03)
Has 3 device slots and a JP1.2 interface

I currently have one V3 and two V3 remotes, I bought a serial JP1.2 interface off fleabay and made my own parallel JP1 interface.

The JP1 forum can be found here _http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/index.php
The forum has lots of information to help you. It also has all the software you will need for programming you remote. The members help each other out with the technical stuff and with finding codes for different equipment you might want to control.

You can do nice things like set your volume punch through (VPT). This allows your remote to always operate the TV's volume like a sky remote does. I use this feature but have set shift-vol+ and shift-vol- while on the Dream setting to operate the Dreambox volume just in case it gets turned down somehow. Not having to keep pressing TV then the vol+ or - buttons then pressing Dream again just to change the TV volume makes using the Dreambox remote control a nicer experiance for me.

Hello,

I have two commanders: the URC-39930rj0-03 and URC-39930rj0-04, I tried to unlock the 982 to change the code 0031 to 0032/33 34 but has not been possible, I have always memorized the 0031, so I want to get a cable, my question: if the JP1 parallel shown in the PDF below, and the program Ir.exe can change the code of my command Dreambox7025?

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
Jst one more thing. The dreamboxes with he big remotes do support multiple devices on the remote and on the dreambox itself. How to do this is found elsewhere on this forum (I cant find it right now), bu it involves pressing some sequences on the remote and running a command n the dreambox - all standard implementations. As this is supported, a very nice way to implement your remote exactly the way you want and control many devices by pressing a single button ( e.g. when power on it will power on AV amp, TV and dreambox) is to use a Logitech Harmony remote. I have several of these as they make life really simple and are fully programmable through the Logitech website for all types of devices. They can also be trained from an existing remote. This makes JP1x programing a waste of time.

abis69

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
nada
My Location
spain
shumifan50 said:
Jst one more thing. The dreamboxes with he big remotes do support multiple devices on the remote and on the dreambox itself. How to do this is found elsewhere on this forum (I cant find it right now), bu it involves pressing some sequences on the remote and running a command n the dreambox - all standard implementations. As this is supported, a very nice way to implement your remote exactly the way you want and control many devices by pressing a single button ( e.g. when power on it will power on AV amp, TV and dreambox) is to use a Logitech Harmony remote. I have several of these as they make life really simple and are fully programmable through the Logitech website for all types of devices. They can also be trained from an existing remote. This makes JP1x programing a waste of time.

Hey, thanks, but if I can avoid spending money on buying another command, the better. Greetings

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Why buy another remote when you have everything you need in your DM remote.

abis69

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
nada
My Location
spain
Hello, I am still remains the question of whether the URC-39930rj0-03 and URC-39930rj0-04 connector is jp1.2?, To program cells can be placed?

I asked a cable to a series Jp1.2/1.3 Canada to see if I serve.

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500, Dreambox 600PVR, Dreambox 7025+, Dreambox 7000, 1m dish on a Moteck SG2100
My Location
NW England
abis69 said:
Hello, I am still remains the question of whether the URC-39930rj0-03 and URC-39930rj0-04 connector is jp1.2?, To program cells can be placed?

I asked a cable to a series Jp1.2/1.3 Canada to see if I serve.

I think they are JP1.2 - the URC-39930rj0-03 is not sure about the other one though. Have you looked on the JP1 forum for advice?

smiffie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800HD 500Gb X 2, Dreambox 500S X 2, VBox 2, Jaeger 99G H to H 36v, Inverto SilverTech Quad LNB 0.2dB, 95cm Maxx Digital Mesh Dish 42E-45W, Technomate TM 2600 H to H Diseqc, Inverto Ultra black LNB 0.2dB , 85cm Transparent Dish 42E-1W.
My Location
North West England, UK
Hi,
I know this is an old thread, but its the best I've read for a long time. Its really helped me reprogramming my remote on an original DM800, but I could not get connection to a clone remote, does anybody know if there is a reason for this?
Thanks

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Bad quality equipment probably mate. Or maybe the function simple doesn't exist in the clone.

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
I agree that is most likely a bad clone device. IR remotes are sensitive to the carrier frequency of the transmitter/receiver being matched. Some devices, like the harmony remotes, cover many carrier frequencies. Cheaper devices may not. Then on top of it there are different ways to implement the protocol and then there are many different protocols, RC5 being the popular one for hobby projects. Again the more expensive remotes might support these while the cheaper ones won't. And last but not least there are differences in pulse timing. A all-in-one remote has to handle all of these conditions, which is why most support only a device list. The trainable ones have to be a lot more clever and tolerant of variations - and therefore much more expensive to implement even though most of it is now done on software on the remote. Have a look at this url to get an idea of how remotes work.
_http://www.sixca.com/eng/articles/remote/index.html

smiffie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800HD 500Gb X 2, Dreambox 500S X 2, VBox 2, Jaeger 99G H to H 36v, Inverto SilverTech Quad LNB 0.2dB, 95cm Maxx Digital Mesh Dish 42E-45W, Technomate TM 2600 H to H Diseqc, Inverto Ultra black LNB 0.2dB , 85cm Transparent Dish 42E-1W.
My Location
North West England, UK
The two remotes are indeed very different animals. I haven't been able to identify any numbers on the ic's for either. One thing to note is that the clone has an insulating pad under one of the pins, perhaps disabling re-programming?

Attachments

• Remote Gen.JPG
    Remote Gen.JPG
    218.3 KB · Views: 155
  • Remote Clone.JPG
    Remote Clone.JPG
    185.8 KB · Views: 157

beghiero

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HD
DM7020
DM500
AzBox HD Premium
My Location
Modena, Italy
smiffie said:
Hi,
I could not get connection to a clone remote, does anybody know if there is a reason for this?
Dreambox clone remotes are fake remotes.
They have the 'urc' symbol and identical shape than original remote, but inside they are ultra-cheap chinese remotes, with preprogrammed Dreambox codes.
The JP connector is totally fake and internally unconnected.
I don't know if is possible to reprogram them by keys, but surely not by jp1 interface...

Ciao, Piero.

michelbil

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 x DM7000
My Location
Paris
Hello !
I have 2 DM7000 in the same location, so remote problem. I did get a JP1 USB connector, and modified exactly as on pictures the DM remote (URC-3711 B00-02). I then did load in one of the DM the rcdm7000.xml file BonceChop kindly attached. Then, I rebooted the DM, and, true, it doesn't respond anymore to the original remote. Problem is when I used the "modified" one, "shift - Dream" -> the box respond, but the keys are anything but what they should be, ie, "mute" is "audio" ... Any idea what I've messed up ? Thanks in advance for your help,
Best regards,
Michel.

michelbil

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 x DM7000
My Location
Paris
Hello !
I have 2 DM7000 in the same location, so remote problem. I did get a JP1 USB connector, and modified exactly as on pictures the DM remote (URC-39711 B00-02, sorry the 9 was missed !). I then did load in one of the DM the rcdm7000.xml file BonceChops kindly attached. On both DM7000 I run a Gemini 4.3 image (on USB stick). Then, I rebooted the DM, and, true, it doesn't respond anymore to the original remote. Problem is when I used the "modified" one, "shift - Dream" -> the box respond, but the keys are anything but what they should be, ie, "mute" is "audio" ... Any idea what I've messed up ?
Why 1238 for "AUX" ? Is that code a sensitive issue, or shall it be the TV code with a 1 instead of 0 ? On my remote, the TV code is 0542, shall I use 1542 for the AUX code ? All explaination/information is welcome,
Thanks in advance for your help,
Best regards,
Michel.

beghiero

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HD
DM7020
DM500
AzBox HD Premium
My Location
Modena, Italy
michelbil said:
Hello !
I have 2 DM7000 in the same location, so remote problem.
The DM7000 is the worst one, to set-up...
The newer DM, starting from 7020 have different remote 'level', that I think are 'bits'...
On default setup they answer to every 'level', but you can set a 'level' from one to four.
The default DM code on the remote are for 'all' level, the one-level-only remote code are '003x' (i don't remember exactly if starting from 0030 or 0031.
Now I have a DM7020 and a DM800 and I set up one on level 1 and the other on level 2.
To change level you will find some plugin, or you can by hand writing a bit on a /proc register.
In my 7020 the register is /proc/stb/ir/rc/mask and my setup command is "echo 2 > /proc/stb/ir/rc/mask" to set to 'level 2' remote.
I'm not sure, but I think the same is not so easy with DM 7000...
Time ago I had a DM7000 together with my DM7020 and I found a way to setup both by changing the RC xml file on one of them, like you did, but now I don't remember exactly how I did.
I found all info googling around...

Ciao, Piero.

michelbil

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 x DM7000
My Location
Paris
Hello Piero !
I have also a DM7020, and my cj=hoices are either 2 DM7000 same ocation and the DM7020 elsewere or 1 DM7000 + 1 DM7020 in teh same location and the other DM7000 elsewhere. I use also a Gemini 4.3 image (on USB stick, the one dedicated to the 7020) on the DM7020. I have tried the trick you indicate: I added at the end of the bootup file echo 3 > /proc/stb/ir/rc/mask, then reboot the DM; problem is that the DM was booting, and at the end of the boot it was switching off (shut down). As I was still able to boot on the original flash image, and as by luck I had a backup from last year of my Gemini, I have been able to put everything back as it was (nevertheless, time consuming to set again everything....). For the remote, as I have the JP1 interface, I had backup the remote before changing using 982 and so on, so I downloaded the backup into the remote and got it as well to normal. I do not understand why I had this problem on the 7020 ..... Should I had used echo 1 instead of echo 3 ????? I have to admit that I did not try again, despite I have fresh backups of everything ..... and I will not before I understand excatly what was going wrong. Any explaination welcome !!!!
Concerning changing the rcdm7000.xml file, my google search was not successful, it is true that there are messages in german or italian but these I am not able to understand (I am limited to french and english).
Thanks anyway for your comments,
Ciao !!!!! (that is my knowledge of Italian ....),
Michel.

beghiero

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HD
DM7020
DM500
AzBox HD Premium
My Location
Modena, Italy
Sorry for my big delay.
I look here only sometimes and I have no E-mail warnings if someone reply on a message :(.

michelbil said:
I have also a DM7020, and my cj=hoices are either 2 DM7000 same ocation and the DM7020 elsewere or 1 DM7000 + 1 DM7020 in teh same location and the other DM7000 elsewhere.
The problem is unchanged, because the DM7020 is able to understand the 4 levels of remote, the DM7000 not.
So your DM7000 will responds on every remote setup.
I'm sorry for your problems on my hint: I tried it on my 7020 without problems at all, but there's also a plugin that do the same.
Now I'm no more my 7020 online (I switched for a DM8000, only one decoder for all, at last), so is difficult to control my old setup.
The thing you can do is to control that the directory /proc/stb/ir/rc exists on your DM7020, and the file 'mask' is present there.
You can look inside the file executing a 'cat /proc/stb/ir/rc/mask' (normally the value must be '0000000F', that means 'all remotes'), and eventually put some value inside executing the command you already tried.

michelbil said:
I use also a Gemini 4.3 image (on USB stick, the one dedicated to the 7020) on the DM7020. I have tried the trick you indicate: I added at the end of the bootup file echo 3 > /proc/stb/ir/rc/mask, then reboot the DM; problem is that the DM was booting, and at the end of the boot it was switching off (shut down). As I was still able to boot on the original flash image,
If you are still able to boot with the original image, you can, if is not working, remove the line you added on the USB image bootup without reinstall anything.

michelbil said:
Should I had used echo 1 instead of echo 3 ????? I have to admit that I did not try again, despite I have fresh backups of everything ...
I'm not using this trick anymore (now in the main room, as said, I have only one DM), but if I remember well, I used only 1 and 2 for my 2 DM, but doing something wrong in this setup, would have the only consequence of a unworking remote, not an unbootable Dreambox...

michelbil said:
Concerning changing the rcdm7000.xml file, my google search was not successful, it is true that there are messages in german or italian but these I am not able to understand (I am limited to french and english).
I'm sorry for my bad english, but if you want I can try to translate Italian messages to english or french (oui, je parle aussi un peu de français), but I have no luck with german, that I don'understand at all (normally I ask help to online translators, for German...).

Ciao, Piero.