Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Its gone chilly & damp, the clocks go back this weekend so its time for the winter chat thread.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Chilly & Damp, isn't that a Scottish Summer !!!!!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Sometimes yes :D

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well we have birds arriving early from the arctic and the berry bearing bushes are busting with fruit, so perhaps the warnings are correct.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If we do get a really bad winter maybe the snow will bring down some of the troublesome branches that block my LOS past 5E :D

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
Resisted putting the new living room energy saver overhead light on until quarter to six tonight then just had to it was that dark and my wee one was needing fed.

Sent from my T5 using Tapatalk

skomedal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
This and that
My Location
thule
Drove very carefully down to my local village ( 90 km round trip ) to stock up food for the forthcoming imminent winter ( nov - apr usual ) temp varied between -1 to +3 C, as the car is still on summer tyres took each swing and water culverts with great care.

Must repeat the trip on Wednesday to get the cars MOT , will change to studded tyres at the weekend.

Oh the joys of rural life:(

Regards

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
Don't be alarmed though, down to the 7W table light all cozy with the heating JUST on watching the 50 inch burning a tidy 49W, f#ck you Scottish Power! lol

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
Skomedal do you have to use chains on your tyres during the winter?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Drove very carefully down to my local village ( 90 km round trip ) to stock up food for the forthcoming imminent winter ( nov - apr usual ) temp varied between -1 to +3 C, as the car is still on summer tyres took each swing and water culverts with great care.

Must repeat the trip on Wednesday to get the cars MOT , will change to studded tyres at the weekend.

Oh the joys of rural life:(

Regards

Wow, that puts things in perspective. I live at the edge of our large village/small town, but can walk within 12/15 minutes to the five or six times an hour bus service into Reading and the "delights" thereof, it even runs at a lesser frequency through the night. :)

skomedal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
This and that
My Location
thule
Skomedal do you have to use chains on your tyres during the winter?

Have, but not used yet ( 20 years ), studded tyres get me up to the main road ( 150 meters ) might take time, then drive with a different pattern to summer driving, one gets used to this difference when driving here.

Regards

skomedal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
This and that
My Location
thule
Wow, that puts things in perspective. I live at the edge of our large village/small town, but can walk within 12/15 minutes to the five or six times an hour bus service into Reading and the "delights" thereof, it even runs at a lesser frequency through the night. :)

The valley stretches 220 km, unfortunately I live on the wrong side of the local village, thus 2 buses daily up and down meaning a long day trip:)

You get used to it.

Regards

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
A very freaky day here ..
Sunshine almost dawn till dusk ..and unbelieveably warm enough to dry 3 loads of washing outside ..
Maybe the last rays of summer ....
The one we never had that is.
..and one of the best days we've had this year.
Weather over Manchester is always unpredictable which is why it is often left off the BBC weather map...
The convergence of 2 weather systems almost always over Manchester being the reason why the BBC rarely gets it right.
There is only one way to check the weather here ...look out the window.
Nonetheless The winter thread is a good idea ...it's all downhill from here I guess.
Battens ready ...I smell winds a comin'
VS

skomedal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
This and that
My Location
thule

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
A very freaky day here ..
Sunshine almost dawn till dusk ..and unbelieveably warm enough to dry 3 loads of washing outside ..
Maybe the last rays of summer ....
The one we never had that is.
..and one of the best days we've had this year.
Weather over Manchester is always unpredictable which is why it is often left off the BBC weather map...
The convergence of 2 weather systems almost always over Manchester being the reason why the BBC rarely gets it right.
There is only one way to check the weather here ...look out the window.
Nonetheless The winter thread is a good idea ...it's all downhill from here I guess.
Battens ready ...I smell winds a comin'
VS
Yep same here and I dried the washing outside today as well, have been in a sleeveless tee-shirt all day really strange.

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
66°East to 60°West.
2x VboxII AZ-EL
My Location
UK
Yep same here and I dried the washing outside today as well, have been in a sleeveless tee-shirt all day really strange.
Well we are fairly close proximity wise ..so exposed to much the same weather patterns buddy..
Dont know about you ...but if I want to know what the weather is going to be like here tomorrow ...I find the best way is to look at what Northern Ireland got today...as we get it next..
More or less..

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Have been out most of the afternoon (which was overcast and a bit chilly, just to keep the thread on topic LOL ) trying to sort out a new health card at CPAM (well, the local branch of French National Health). Now I'm very close to being an official pensioner (11 days) I received from Newcastle S1 forms, which once processed allow me the same health benefits under the French system as a French pensioner. On the whole, this should be a good thing.....

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
66°East to 60°West.
2x VboxII AZ-EL
My Location
UK
Have been out most of the afternoon (which was overcast and a bit chilly, just to keep the thread on topic LOL ) trying to sort out a new health card at CPAM (well, the local branch of French National Health). Now I'm very close to being an official pensioner (11 days) I received from Newcastle S1 forms, which once processed allow me the same health benefits under the French system as a French pensioner. On the whole, this should be a good thing.....
..Dont worry buddy ...this reprieve wont last long ..
back on topic by mid-week I suspect..

A

archive10

Wait - I'm not quite done with Autumn yet...!

A pro pos building (a snowman), I am currently building my SAT-dish command HQ, erh, I mean, our new garden house that provides ample of storage space for all our paraphenalia that don't quite deserve space inside the house...
(Which of course doubles nicely as the mounting place for multiple dishes... ;) )

Only started last week, but even so, spells of rain has meant some interruption in the work.
Have been putting the foundation frame down, now putting the floor on (this requires NO rain!)
Next to come: Walls and roof... :)

...and for this, I require DRY WEATHER, please...

Attachments

• IMG_8661q.jpg
    IMG_8661q.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_8665q.jpg
    IMG_8665q.jpg
    322.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_8692q.jpg
    IMG_8692q.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_8695q.jpg
    IMG_8695q.jpg