QBOX HD coming soon

Raitsa

Reaction score
Website
www.huoltovalikko.com
My Satellite Setup
Sony Pearl + Stewart Firehawk 182cm, OpenElec + 3 * Intel NUC, Vu+ Solo2 & T90+8lnb, 28Tb Thecus N7510 NAS, Denon AVR 2310, AMX+ 3*Ipad, 3*KefQ1, 4*KefQ2DS, HSU VTF-3 MK3 turbo
My Location
Kirjala, Finland
Same modus operandi here T_G (i never scan any channels either, been using satellite channel settings from cajton lately) but it was not useful to send any channels in with say for example Dreamset 2..2 ( i did send em succesfully), cos the tuner did not work at all.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Hi everyone. I have added another post with my experiences with the Beta box, have a look here http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/827423-post10.html

I find that I am using the box now more often, as the sharing works and also the HD stopped breaking up on some of the channels. Now waiting eagerly for the next update :)

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location

Raitsa

Reaction score
Website
www.huoltovalikko.com
My Satellite Setup
Sony Pearl + Stewart Firehawk 182cm, OpenElec + 3 * Intel NUC, Vu+ Solo2 & T90+8lnb, 28Tb Thecus N7510 NAS, Denon AVR 2310, AMX+ 3*Ipad, 3*KefQ1, 4*KefQ2DS, HSU VTF-3 MK3 turbo
My Location
Kirjala, Finland
Raitsa said:
I sent my Qbox HD back to Duolabs cos i could not make the satellite tuner to find any channels, in any setups we tested at my other friend´s places.
Terrestial tuner was working ok though, not much of a concellation... :)

Lets see if i get a working box back or if my money gets returned...

Hey guys, got my Qbox HD back today from Italy and now the sat tuner is working and finding channels as it should.
The box is now silver/black.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Great news! I wanted this colour but got a white one - but that is still better than the yellow one I guess :)

Raitsa

Reaction score
Website
www.huoltovalikko.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kirjala, Finland
This is how it looks like now:

Attachments

• qbox1.jpg
    qbox1.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 48
  • qbox2.jpg
    qbox2.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 49

Tsiklon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Various
My Location
Europe
Are the tuner modules for the QBOX the same as the Dreamboxes or are they different?

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Don't know what they are in the dreambox, you can see the images of the tuner in the beta test thread. But nobody knows what will be in the real boxes that will be sold. The rumours have it that they will start shipping very soon, but at the moment not confirmed.

On the software side, we are all waiting or the big update that is expected any day.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Had a play with feeds, and managed to get this 10976 - Pol: V - SR: 4167 - i.e. quite a low symbol rate. Could not get it on my dreambox.

santosanto

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ASTRA/HOTBIRD QboxHD
WINDOWS_xp_sp3
My Location
morocco
Special thanks to T_G and all GBhd owners for the information given to make it an interesting box.just got it and I really need some help to deal with CS on it.put the last update last night and tried to send my cccam lines(6 in total) using the dreambox control center DCC292 which could establish the cnnection with the Qbox . hoping to see the result and find something in the var/etc ..but nothing!!nor any scrambled channel open (astra,hotbird,etc.)
would like to get some help about what to do to get it iluminated and working.

as to the common interface,my aljazeera sport+ cam module doesn't clear anything .the box recognise it so far.
grateful for any help

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hi
if you look here http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/827423-post10.html
you can see that I said it only can connect to one cccam server at the moment. For proper sharing you need mbox or some of the other cams - but they do not connect to CCCAM. Once the Diablo modul is operational there will be more options I believe. I reckon you should try the mbox cam for your card. Hope this helps

santosanto

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ASTRA/HOTBIRD QboxHD
WINDOWS_xp_sp3
My Location
morocco
again,thanks a lot giving me more hope in the coming updates as I am a bit confused.this box is at this time a simple FTA receiver for me:my dreams of clearing the chanels using my cccam lines have evaporated.reading again and again your experience by saying:I use the Dexter plugin to get the blue button menu, and then start the Incubus cam ,I couldn't find the way to that dexter to get the blue button.as this is new to me your experience brings light to my ignorance.so can you explain more where to find dexter plugin you use to get the blue button menu?
kind regards

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
If you don't have the dexter plugin you should get it from here _ww.qboxforum.com/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=1101

Then you unzip the files to a fat32 formatted flash drive. The name of the only folder in the flash drive should be "qboxhd_update". In it there will be two directories usr and var, and the update.sh file. Install this file usin the normal method (turn box off, put in flash drive and restart box).

After that you will be able to see the blue button cam menu. When you got that you will have to enter the c line- but first get the cam to show on the menu.

santosanto

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ASTRA/HOTBIRD QboxHD
WINDOWS_xp_sp3
My Location
morocco
well,got the dexter from here:_http://www.foro-pagando.com/showthread.php?t=63634.......it has only 2 folders,var and usr.should it have also the update.sh file as you suggested?
the one in the german site is no more available,I believe.
I tried with my pendrive and the 2 folders the way you told me .after almost 1 hour nothing happened.something in this machine or in my skills goes wrong.

so thanks for your advice,once more.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Try this one then (might have to register)
_ww.box-pirates.to/jgs_db.php?action=download&download_id=13731&sid=

Download is ok, and there are instructions how to put it in.

Once you have got it going you will need to put in both these lines in the config file in the correct place (basically the same line twice)

card_server_url_0=cccam://user:password@yourdyndnsaddress.com:12000

and

card_server_url_0=cccam://user:password@yourdyndnsaddress.com:12000

User and password and dyndns of your server you should know, these are the ones you use when connecting to your server

Have a play, I am sure it will work. I am still using an older version of the dexter, it works ok: Remember it won't work with the very latest cccam, use a slightly older one on your dreambox.

Hope this helps, TG

Tsiklon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Various
My Location
Europe
I am still a bit confused by the tuner layout for this receiver. Does the box come with 1x DVB-T and 1x DVB-S2 tuners by default?

It also seems from T_G photos (pic 1) that the DVB-S2 tuner that ships with the receiver lies horizontally across the back of the receiver, so that the spare tuner slot is blocked and therefore useless?

Whereas in the photos taken from the Duolabs Youtube video (pic 2 and also pic 3), it shows the 2x DVB-S2 tuners mounted vertically along with the DVB-T tuner?

Attachments

• inside-2._horizontal.jpg
    inside-2._horizontal.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 34
  • youtube_vertical.jpg
    youtube_vertical.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 33
  • qboxhd_innenleben2.jpg
    qboxhd_innenleben2.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 29

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
My box is a beta box, the tuner is mounted "wrong" - I know that the proper boxes that will be sold soon will have the three tuners next to each other. I would hope that once they have the components I will get them as well. There are a few other changes anticipated, for instance it could be that there will be an internal hard drive mount in the retail boxes, whereas mine does not have it.

santosanto

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ASTRA/HOTBIRD QboxHD
WINDOWS_xp_sp3
My Location
morocco
so,step by step I am getting through to it thanks to your precious help.could put the last last image and managed to also install the dexter files,fixed the incubuscam in the blue button menu which incicates NO ECM.later on I will try to transfer the cccam cfg using telnet/FTP and see what happens.
T_G,for me, just un angel on earth !

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
That's good news, just keep on trying. By the way, I think it always says "no ECM", don't worry about it.

santosanto

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ASTRA/HOTBIRD QboxHD
WINDOWS_xp_sp3
My Location
morocco
hi.
after 3 days trying I still can't make the c-line work in the incubuscamd 0.55.the blue menu shows the cam which I start.I transfer via FTP the cccam cfg to var/etc or var/bin.of course I put one double c-line in that cfg as you said.,restart the Qbox and I almost get asleep but no channel opens.I see that the prayer is not enough!.this is a premature baby that needs to be incubated a few monthes.
sorry for the lack of my experience.I need your help in this extra mile before I give up.

thank you